SVS Subspace Forums

Full Version: its time to change the safezone timer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes i have thought about it... 9 hours was not long enough for those who worked 12 hour days. So the 13 hour was brought in for them.  Now i realize some people who are entrepreneurs or doctors or nurses may have to work longer then the 12 hour period and have more then a 1 hour commute so in order to help these fine souls out.

It is time to move to the 24 hour model.  That way as long as you make it home within a 24hour period you will still have your ship!

24 hour safezone.  Game friends don't let game friends recyle quit or lose a ship!

...Axe

Yes the doctor I want to put my life in the hands of is the one screaming LET'S SEW THIS FUCKER UP ALREADY I HAVE A SHIP IN J12 AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO GATHER.

he might have a beach house Smile

..AXe

Quote:<div>
Yes the doctor I want to put my life in the hands of is the one screaming LET'S SEW THIS FUCKER UP ALREADY I HAVE A SHIP IN J12 AND PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO GATHER.

</div>
+1

NFS is awesome
I will upvote this.

...AXE
I'm fine with 45 minutes, and I should be on your side.  No reason to have a ship in safe while you're at work.

What I said some time ago:

<p class="" style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(164,164,164);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Yikes, I log onto the forum for the first time in ages, and this is up for discussion again? 

First off, the sampling bias on this poll is probably horrendous. Do you think the players that log into Chaos for ten to thirty minutes for some quick fun or those that stay logged in all day are more likely to visit the forum? Even if the poll was placed in the zone and run by a bot, those frequenting the safe zones would be more likely to give input, I imagine. So, I hope no long term decisions will be made based on this poll. 

High bounty sitting in a nine hour safe zone serves absolutely no attraction to bounty hunt. In fact, it'd discourage me from hunting someone not in a safe zone if I thought they would take advantage of a sit-for-hours tactic. I always did enjoy the forty-five minute safe zones as they gave time to run out, and get more beer or a bite to eat while keeping your freq (although twenty to thirty minutes would have worked fine for me). Anything longer than that is ridiculous. As for Cool Dad's hour and a half vote, my experience is that your bounty seems to be saved for a couple of hours usually as long as you time out in a safe zone. 

Also, the difference between forty-five minute and nine hour safe zones is huge in terms of play in my opinion. In a forty-five minute safe zone, a player has to keep the game in the back of their mind or they're going to time out. If you're a player drooling over the bounty in a safe zone, you can be pretty sure that a player in a forty-five minute safe zone has an intention of playing in the next few hours, or they would have logged out to save the hassle of resetting the timer every forty-five minutes. You have no such indication from a player in a nine hour safe zone.

I voted for fifteen minutes as it seems to be the only reasonable option under consideration at the moment, and although not my favorite, it really is the most balanced safe zone time of the bunch. It allows exactly what the safe zones were intended for: a bathroom break, a stretch, a talk on the phone, or a beer from the fridge. Right now, the poll seems to be twelve votes for some sort of reasonable time, thirteen votes for nine hours. Considering the likely bias, I'd say the nine hours safe zones should be nixed. </div>
My new vote is for 15 minutes Smile

Bring it back to the classic time.   But in doing so you should adjust the streaks not to timer out at 10 minutes.  That way if your ship is kept alive in the safezone your streak is also still valid.  then you also no longer have to worry about antiwarp in safezone .

...Axe
Quote:<div>
My new vote is for 15 minutes Smile

Bring it back to the classic time.   But in doing so you should adjust the streaks not to timer out at 10 minutes.  That way if your ship is kept alive in the safezone your streak is also still valid.  then you also no longer have to worry about antiwarp in safezone .

...Axe

</div>

I would vote for this too...  15 min and remove the streak expiration timer.

I prefer 15, 30 or even 45 mins. If 15, streak timer should not apply. Iffy about whether it would expire if 30 or 45. Undecided.

So anyone that wants to see if the 15 minute timer can come back for next reset.  I would voice your opinion.  At the moment the streak will expire at 10 minutes nude.

I would suggest that the streak timer matches the safe zone original time at  15 minutes.

Please do not keep the 13 hour timer for me Smile

...Axe