Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Play-off Structure
I would like to propose a play-off structure. With only 8 teams I would suggest 1 league, 1 play-off. I don't think 4 and 4 split is competitive enough or worthwhile.

Structure:
  • Top 7 teams make Play-off, team 8 is eliminated (sorry!).
  • All games best of 3.Â
  • Games 1 and 2 played in the first week.Â
  • Game 3 if necessary played in the following week (With highest seed game playing at 4 pm)
Round 1:

Seed 1 - Bye
Seed 2 vs. Seed 7
Seed 3 vs. Seed 6
Seed 4 vs. Seed 5

Round 2 (Semi Finals):

Reseed based on rankings (Example based on no upsets).

Seed 1 vs Seed 4
Seed 2 vs Seed 3

Round 3 (Finals): 

Seed 1 vs Seed 2

This is what I would like for a play-off structure. Please suggest/discuss. 

Thanks!
Great discussion you guise.
But seriously, anyone especially for or against Surrey's format as opposed to one of the following:
6/2 split, 2 byes, 3v6 4v5 and the two remaining squads play AML Finals
4/4 split no byes, semis, finals.

Since we're not really locked into any option yet.
(04-23-2015, 03:30 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  Great discussion you guise.
But seriously, anyone especially for or against Surrey's format as opposed to one of the following:
6/2 split, 2 byes, 3v6 4v5 and the two remaining squads play AML Finals
4/4 split no byes, semis, finals.

Since we're not really locked into any option yet.

4/4 split no byes, semis, finals. No need to make it complicated.
(04-24-2015, 04:05 AM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  4/4 split no byes, semis, finals. No need to make it complicated.

Just seems kind of pointless to have 2 leagues with only 8 teams to me. Especially when we play all teams during the season anyway. I would rather see a larger/more competitive playoff structure than a split. 

If you split to 4 and 4 you may as well just let watchmen and llama play for AML championship right now and not even make them play out the season. At least if you throw watchmen and llama into a pro mix playoff there is the possibility of an upset. In AML they will just both stomp on SFE and symphony and play each other in finals. Boring. Make it at least a somewhat entertaining playoff and maybe an underdog squeaks through into semis.

I will breakdown a 4 and 4 split playoff for you right now.

AML: Llama defeat symphony (or SFE, irrelevant). Watchmen defeat SFE (or symphony, irrelevant). Llama and Watchmen play a slightly entertaining AML finals that no one gets to watch because we are busy playing/watching pro league.

PRO: Assassins defeat BIA (nothing against my team but most likely). TD and Outlaws play a mildly amusing match with TD victor. Oh yay, assassins and TD play in the finals.

Boring. Give us a few more games to watch and a little more excitement with the chance of an upset or two in PRO. 
(04-28-2015, 01:06 AM)Surrey Wrote:  If you split to 4 and 4 you may as well just let watchmen and llama play for AML championship right now and not even make them play out the season. At least if you throw watchmen and llama into a pro mix playoff there is the possibility of an upset. In AML they will just both stomp on SFE and symphony and play each other in finals. Boring. Make it at least a somewhat entertaining playoff and maybe an underdog squeaks through into semis.

Quoted for lols.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
LOL indeed