Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our current 4v4 structure
I think at this point anyone who is reading these threads is probably a long term vet and has played for a really long time in general.  We all love this game.

Do you really enjoy playing 4v4 with the structure that it has right now?  Every single prac, over and over, is the same thing.  Target the weakest link from the go, if anyone dies once early switch target to get them out.  Why are we all stuck on the idea of penalizing an already losing team?  It doesn't make sense to me at all, I know currently in a prac I would do the exact same thing but that is because it's the easiest way to win period.  

We have tried A LOT of things in the past as far as this same problem.  The first to 12 being the most recent, which in theory fixes the problem of someone just being targeted to win, but we also have a decent amount of players that would just burn items and die for more.  That being said I still think the first to 12 is a far better method than the one we are currently using.  People will always play like dumb asses, not use their items, or drive directly into 4 bombs.  It seems very easy to avoid but it just happens. 

What I think we should do:
Lift the kill cap in general, the teams still remain 4v4, the first 3 kills spawn full lives like normal, afterwards no items for every life after, subs or otherwise.  The slot itself is burned. 

It's scary, and crazy, I know.  If we don't make changes at all, no new player will ever be able to join in.  We have a few who are trying to currently and honestly they're just perma targets when they play.  KLF and Mean Gene.  I also understand we aren't ever going to get a huge influx of new players in general because this game is old. 

This post is not meant to in any fashion spark a chain of stupid ass rants about how horrible the league is or the people who are or anything negative to the zone at all.  Just tossing it out there.

Messages In This Thread
Our current 4v4 structure - Varsity - 10-08-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Our current 4v4 structure - Ozn - 10-10-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Our current 4v4 structure - Caerbannog - 10-11-2018, 02:14 AM