Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game for Low Population: Attackers/Defenders
Since we need at least 10 people to effectively play a real ASWZ flag game, we need something to play while we have fewer than that many players. So what if we just drilled attackers v. defenders?

The rules I've tentatively come up with go like this
  • Map consists of one ASWZ-style base.
  • Base contains one carryable flag, placed in the flag room (not turf flag).
  • Attackers spawn in the center, near the greens.
  • Defenders spawn in the flag room.
  • To win, Attackers must pick flag and drop it (hold for 60 seconds).
  • To win, Defenders must prevent Attackers from winning for 15 minutes.
  • After game is over, teams are switched and game starts again.
  • Defenders are given 60 seconds to set up before Attackers begin.
  • Map lasts for 60 minutes, then a vote occurs and map changes.

There are some other ideas I've had that I don't know are good or bad
  • What if the map was two bases, when the attackers got through one, they spawned at the end of that base / beginning of base 2. This allows the defenders time to regroup.
  • Freqs are balanced so that if they are not even, only defenders ever have fewer players. To make up for this, defenders get a robot terrier ship to help defend (cannot place too near to the flag).

What I like most about this idea is that it allows us to play ASWZ-style games without needing 10 people. 6 people (3v3) would essentially simulate a 6v6 game (3 attackers, 3 defenders).

What I don't like is the amount of programming that will be involved. I'm not sure I can have something of this magnitude done by this Sunday.

Please comment on this idea and let me know what you think! Additional ideas are always welcome!

Messages In This Thread
Game for Low Population: Attackers/Defenders - hawkaloogie - 04-01-2009, 03:58 AM