Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Newb Effort
Hallu, I think this is a marvellous idea. It's also quite a logical one too. A new zone with this input would be a great way to attract a number of fresh meat to the game.

Don't get me wrong, it's not going to make the zones have 4 public arena's each, but it could definitely bring a few. I for one, actually waited around 2006-2008 for something like this to happen, and that was before the game had completely declined to the level it is at right now.

A lot of people reading would be thinking, but who would want to play in a new, dead zone? One option would be to organise an event type of thing perhaps once a week, and obviously advertise it where need be. If we can get 20 people into Powerball on a Sunday, it should be quite manageable to get a decent amount of players into a new zone, as long as it has variety and can engage people.

Step 1: Start a poll

Step 2: If the poll succeeds, and a zone is started, create the zone solely out of what the players want (via suggestions board)

Step 3: Organise for a weekly bash n' brawl in the zones public arena, with new things like powerball's and bases (I suggest making the map size generally smaller than what Chaos is, per say.)

It will take time, and obviously it's not a 100% success rate, but I definitely think it would be worth a try.

And of course, I don't believe making the game "handicapped" or easier to technically speaking, play... would do much justice, as I do consider this game and always have to be one of the most competitive and skill requiring games there is. If it were made today, it would be considered a MOBA and with things like 4v4 League, an e-sport.

Messages In This Thread
The Newb Effort - hallucination - 04-19-2013, 12:48 AM
The Newb Effort - Resol - 04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
The Newb Effort - Bargeld - 05-02-2013, 11:41 PM
The Newb Effort - aesop - 05-26-2013, 11:37 PM
The Newb Effort - SK+ - 12-14-2013, 11:47 PM
The Newb Effort - Death Incarnate - 02-20-2014, 10:45 PM
The Newb Effort - Gruntster - 02-21-2014, 02:06 AM
The Newb Effort - Werew - 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM
The Newb Effort - Law - 05-14-2014, 03:41 PM