Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been banned?
So I just tried to log on and find out ive been banned? Not sure what's going on...ive been banned until October. This is pretty convenient.

hacker

WTF Get off my lawn!
Quote:<div>
hacker

</div>

? i havent even been online since the game...
I've learned that apparently I attached to a teammate and repelled when I got KO'd in the match. As if that's physically possible to do?

When legacy and I were fighting i saw him die and my ship went to 0 energy and i was just floating there - I thought I got away so I repelled. This is a known bot/game bug.

This is a pretty far reach.

and feel free to check the game log. There's a reason you don't see me type !items in pub - it's because I always have the ticker on the bot so I can PM it with my !items macro. I say it's physically impossible to attach because i would have to scroll up to the top and hit f7 + repel in under a second.

But im glad shit is being made up.

So I just tried to log on and find out ive been banned? Not sure what's going on...ive been banned until October. This is pretty convenient.

</div>

I believe Nacre recorded the match. Maybe a video review would be useful.
Why has Ozn been banned from Pro League, especially during the semi-finals against the very team the league sysop is rostered on? During double kills the game (bot) glitches and you re-spawn where you died from time to time. I have even see people die "twice" when the bot glitches in practices. Ozn did not attach to any team mate and repel. Please show us a recording of where he actually attaches and his energy drops to half, I would love to see it.

Moreover, when he did repel, frozen at 0, still thinking he was alive, the repels did NOT impact the game. At the very most you can burn him for one ship in the next match. Banning him (for 3 months are you kidding?), when he is basically the best player on Critical Mass, is disgusting. There has been no announcement, he was just banned.

This is a huge conflict of interest and an abuse of power. Unban him, and give 9-volt the sysop. The current sysop is not objective and clearly hopes to gain an advantage by banning the best player on Critical Mass. If there was wrongdoing, this is an issue to be decided by the council. Until that can happen, Ozn should be able to play.
Summary of scenario's at hand:

Ozn is being accused and currently banned for;

Dieing out (3rd death) during a double KO versus Legacy in a playoff match and quick attaching to a teammate and repelling before the bot sent him to spec.

I believe that we are all in agreement that after dieing 3x (out) there is a short delay where your ship respawns at a random coordinate and the bot sends you to spec for being out.  During this "short delay" a player has enough time to attach and shoot off a repel or item before they are speced.  I believe we all agree that this is cheating and should be enforced with a ban. However, there are gray areas in between and I believe this is where we fall in Ozn's situation.

After a lengthy discussion and speculation on the events that occurred, the players on our squadron involved in the match (Ozn, 7th, Inertia, Devious), have agreed on what we believe happened.

Ozn and Legacy engaged each other which ultimately led in a double KO. When this occurred Legacy's ship disappeared as normal and respawned somewhere on the map outside of where we were fighting and he was sent to spec. However, Ozn's ship never respawned normally in a random location of the map.  After the double KO, OZN due to a known but rare glitch in the game, respawned in the same exact spot he died.  During the frenzy of battle this glitch respawn is usually not realized immediately because it is not normal.  At that point he killed legacy out, he died out but never respawned normally, instead the glitch kept him in the same spot he died and he immediately repelled thinking he never died.  After the repel he was specced... this incident was so confusing that our entire squadron didn't even realize what had happened and we continued playing.  After the match was over we all left and were unaware of the BAN that caerbannoq had issued.  It wasn't until later when ozn tried to enter the zone he saw he was banned until october and had no idea why.

There are 4 players on each team that were involved in the playoff match where the incident occurred.  I believe those 8 players would be the best judge and jury of what actually occurred.  They should be involved in the investigation and decision in what ultimately happened.  Obviously Caerbannoq, whom was in spec on the opposing team, should know that his bias will play a role in the decision.  Therefore, being reasonable, Caerbannoq should refer to the players whom were involved in the match as well as a council vote if needed.  I think we can all agree that if the players playing the match felt like OZN intentionally cheated in any way then justice will be served.  Lets please all be reasonable here.
http://www.twitch.tv/nacre314/b/547263302

36:40 in

I was not there and did not see the event, so my input here is necessarily limited.

I think it is absolutely inappropriate for Caerbannog to make this ruling. There's a clear conflict of interest, and even IF there's nothing nefarious in his thought process, even the appearance of impropriety on the part of the zone's sysop is intolerable.

Caer, please do the right thing and rescind your initial ruling, pending a decision made independently by someone who has no stake, imagined or not, in the outcome of the decision. Anything less is critically undermining to the confidence of the players in their leadership, and we have enough problems in this zone without creating a new one that is completely avoidable.

I'm not trying to bash you here, but I think this is a error you can gracefully step back from and correct. Moreover, in addition to doing the right thing, you'll look good doing it.

Thanks,

HG

I have to pretty strongly agree with the previous comments here.  This is not a ban that can come from Caer, especially without an explanation or announcement for people to review and judge.  If there was any wrong doing here, it should be reviewed by the council or other mods online at the time who saw it. If there needs to be punishment, it would only be credible coming from another mod.

This looks like a pretty suspicious abuse of power at the moment.  More information would help clarify things for people like myself who didn't see it first hand.  Hopefully some common sense will prevail and an informed decision can be made.

</div>

Between this and my SS Marketing post, I am now fully convinced that all the issues with this game lay squarely at the feet of the people who run it. 

Ozn's story may have holes in it, however, the larger and more alarming reality is Caer's heavy handed judgement and dictatorial approach to leadership. If this were real life, Ozn's life less body would be hanging of a burning stake in North Korea. Caer is clearly power mad and relies solely on his own judgement to make decisions. That is what you call undemocratic and unethical form of leadership, a tyranny.

How do you ban an active pilot, in a game whose population is suffering, without an opportunity to defend himself in front of a council of peers, for 3 solid month's during the playoffs? Especially when that pilot has the opportunity to impact the season.

Caer is acting as the judge, jury, and executioner all in one. His actions were obviously emotionally driven, given the conflict of interest of being a member of the opposing team. 

Conflict of interest aside, Ozn deserves the respect from this league to be given a chance to present his case and defend himself. The decision to ban someone should be taken by a group of peers, not one, easily emotionally moved individual.

This is ridiculous.
Agreed with most of the points stated above.  

Speclog shows that nobody (over 40 people in spec + rosters for both teams) saw anything out of the ordinary on their screens.   You'd have thought at least somebody would have typed something in yellow or blue chat about it.  No due diligence was done before the judgement and penalty were given.  Ozn was not informed of this decision so that he may defend himself or explain what he saw on his screen.  At a minimum, something should have been posted on the boards by Caer immediately following his decision explaining why he did what he did and thus allowing it to be open for full discussion.    Additionally, this should have been discussed and reviewed with other mods (present or not) to determine what should be done.  The SS council should also have been involved.  We are talking a week's time between games - surely a reasonable, common sense decision can be reached in that period of time. 

The time is long overdue to create some sort of "democratic" process for these decisions. For a person such as Caerbannog to have complete autonomy over these things is a joke. We all know how extremely biased he is in these things. Myself and others have been banned inconsistently on "infractions" or on unproven/questionable claims. 

The others in this post have all pointed out sound reasons why not only this particular banning was unfair but where the system is flawed. Due process, conflict of interest, and democratic decision making are all terms Caerbannog needs to look up.

PS Please PM me for details on the "FREE OZN T-SHIRT" currently in production.

ridiulous. free ozn.

not saying anything should be tolerated, but this ban should be viewed thru the lens of a dyinnnng game.

I ask you all to fight back against this cruel indignity done to our brother OZN. In a show of solidarity we ask you all to change your Squadname to : FREE OZN Password: FREE for the next 48 hours so we can bring attention to this injustice. 

FREE OZN !!!

Why has Ozn been banned from Pro League, especially during the semi-finals against the very team the league sysop is rostered on? During double kills the game (bot) glitches and you re-spawn where you died from time to time. I have even see people die "twice" when the bot glitches in practices. Ozn did not attach to any team mate and repel. Please show us a recording of where he actually attaches and his energy drops to half, I would love to see it.

Moreover, when he did repel, frozen at 0, still thinking he was alive, the repels did NOT impact the game. At the very most you can burn him for one ship in the next match. Banning him (for 3 months are you kidding?), when he is basically the best player on Critical Mass, is disgusting. There has been no announcement, he was just banned.

This is a huge conflict of interest and an abuse of power. Unban him, and give 9-volt the sysop. The current sysop is not objective and clearly hopes to gain an advantage by banning the best player on Critical Mass. If there was wrongdoing, this is an issue to be decided by the council. Until that can happen, Ozn should be able to play.

</div>
ok i troll on 3 all the time but he is totally right here.... . the fact that i mess with him but support him here should give my opinion more weight ... lol as if that matters but yeah.

if you are going to do something that affects the game and playoffs so much .... the SS community demands some proof.  

and even if you have proof the penalty is too harsh.

caer are u willing to do anything to win a title man.... I also dont want 3's team to win - but anybody that want to see his team lose THIS way is a joke..

this is absurdly harsh even if he did what you say, and did anyone even see this.... i was at game and i didnt see it.  

Speclog shows that nobody (over 40 people in spec + rosters for both teams) saw anything out of the ordinary on their screens.    -emphasis added-

</div>
<div> </div>

I am willing to be Ozn's lawyer in this proceeding and as my first motion i move for caerbannog to recuse himself due to conflict of interest.

As my 2nd motion I move for a stay of the judgment pending appeal and disposition of the 1st motion

I understand all the posts here have been made in a desire to see some logic and fairness applied in the matter - and im looking for the same thing too. I appreciate seeing that we still have people in this game who understand how ridiculous this is and how things are being handled poorly.

The fact that any amount of ban time was applied and considered is still off-putting and completely wrong. At no point was I trying to do something malicious here and when I tried to log in Sunday night I was genuinely in shock that I was banned. The game code bugged in a way that ive never seen before and I had no idea what was going on, period. I wish I had a better explanation but I don't. I can't believe that this whole thing has gone this far.

From what ive gathered not a single person other than Caerbannog can claim they saw me attach (out of an arena of 50) to repel or whatever. Legacy even chimed in and said he didn't see what happened but still wants to see me get banned too. His reasons are quite clouded because the only comments he would give revolved around him getting banned for something, him thinking i suck and that we got a fluke win. Sound logic.

So as it stands:

1.) The bot and game client did me a disservice and screwed up. After the double-kill my ship read 0 energy and i was floating in open space in the same spot. Thinking by divine intervention I survived I subsequently repelled the 3-4 bullets that surrounded me and tried to move....then I was spec'd by the bot. I've never experienced this before, it's news to me.

2.) As seen on the video my teammates were all grouped together off my screen. I did not attach to any of them and for me it's physically impossible to do something that quickly. The thought had not even crossed my mind.

3.) Nobody in the arena saw me attach. (because I didn't)

4.) Caerbannog says he saw me attach (1 guy out of 50)

So given these circumstances that were completely out of my control not only am I considered for a ban but was in fact banned for 90 days. I was not questioned about it, informed about it or even aware it was happening. This makes the whole thing so shady. Whether I am banned for this weekend's matches or 90 days it still produces the same outcome. Caerbannog's team (Outlaws) gets to remove me from contention for games 2 and 3 of the semi-finals.

If im still banned for 90 days, i will surely quit the game for good. If I am banned for this weekend's matches, I will surely quit the game for good. After 17 years of playing this game I have never been banned. Basically because im not stupid enough to break the rules, especially in a semi-finals match. Now, despite the dilapidated state of league a completely conjured up reason has been put forth by a sysop who hates me and my squad and his team is currently down 1 game in the semi-finals. Awesome.

I don't know what else to say. I guess this can be considered the lowest point of this league if the ban isn't removed. When questioned about the events Caerbannog claims that it doesn't matter if I attached or if the bot bugged - that I still deserve to be banned. Anyway, thanks for the support everyone. This will be my last post on the matter - and if im not unbanned it was nice knowing you all.