Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVS Leagues History wiki
Over the past ... I dunno how long ... I've been scouring the net and people's heads for historical info on leagues in SVS Subspace competition. Now's probably a good time to link it here. In a wiki format, with basically zero bells or whistles, but just timeline data, I've collated everything I could find. So here it is, hopefully it's a bit of fun to look through, maybe even of use for the odd argument here and there.

>>> http://svsleagues.shoutwiki.com/ <<<

A few things to understand:
  • I haven't made it pretty. That wasn't the point. Sure, maybe one day. Not high on priorities. I'm already regretting some formatting conventions. I am not a web designer. I'm just a nerd with a lot of time on my hands.
  • Its not finished, and never will be. Clearly there are heaps of holes ... I do have more info to integrate, but its a wiki ... which means an eternal work in progress. Anyone can contribute. It can grow so long as more info is ever out there to be found.
  • So feel free to add stuff. You can pass info to me, or edit the site yourself. Just try to make sense, and remember to cross-reference. Ask me if you are unsure what to do or how to do it. I am notified about any changes.
  • ALIASES - Some aliases are linked. Some are not. In general, people no longer around got their aliases linked (if I knew them - there would be hundreds that I don't know). If they're still playing, I didn't, unless if I chatted with them and they said it was ok. A lot of obvious matches are there but that's up to the player if they are current. There might be some rare exceptions, but that's just me being inconsistent. Clearly obvious alternative names like Benji v B3NJ1, I tended to link. Again, work in progress. Most people would probably like to see all their info on one page.
  • Warzone and Powerball are little more than placeholders at the moment. I have some data, just haven't got around to it yet. Wanted to publicise the wiki before the finals came up. Dueling League (2v2) is still to come. Gladiator needs more filling out. Euro league is lacking a lot of data, especially Delta and Gamma. tbh Pro/IML & AML got the most focus.
Some pages of note:
- http://svsleagues.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Category:Players (I just want you to see the number of links Big Grin - housebound, with OCD - what do you expect!)
- http://svsleagues.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Editor%27s_Arena - handy hints I rushed together to try to keep control in case every man and his dog wants to contribute
- http://svsleagues.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Media - essentially all the match videos and a couple of easter eggs down the bottom
- http://svsleagues.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Website_References_Catalogue - nostalgia ftw!

If you see errors, or just have info you'd like to include, by all means go for it: tell me or edit the site directly. I'll clean up any struggles with consistent format.

A lot of people have helped, generally providing info. Some of the ones who've offered a heap of info include Gruntster, Hallu, hendrix, Peeking Duck?, High Gain, twIsta, Three, Plutorus, Mighty Sven, Bargeld, Ra, Underlord, Benji, Caerbannog, Pryde - and many, many more. Thanks to everyone who put up with my questions.

Ok hope you enjoy. I suck at playing so wanted to give something other than 250 ping of aussie badness.

- Nude
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Amazing job! Brings back a lot of memories and there are loads of interesting stuff to browse through.
Wow man, that's amazing!
Thumbs Up 
Thank you for all the work you've done for this Nude !
I really appreciate it a lot. This is something we've really needed. All the history of real premier league and the leagues above it in one place that still keeps going past the time, continuum
Oh lawd, we so old
Beautifully done, NFS. Couple of things, Symph's first Pro season, after their promotion to Pro, that's when I joined. We also made the playoffs, which was pretty impressive given how thick the league was then. Wink

Also, I was both rostered AND captain of Req from Season 3 onward. Until the end. In fact, I was captain within a week of joining. I believe Dura's words were "hg you're literate, just run it".

And if you love me at all, take Season 33 off. I regard it as a complete fraud.

HG
Thanks HG, have integrated your info as per below:

(03-02-2015, 04:59 PM)High Gain Wrote:  Symph's first Pro season, after their promotion to Pro, that's when I joined.
Noted. That would be Pro Season 08. Ties in with Req's last known season at the time being Pro Season 07.

(03-02-2015, 04:59 PM)High Gain Wrote:  We also made the playoffs, which was pretty impressive given how thick the league was then. Wink
Not getting a reading on Pro Playoffs. Symphony Pro 08 : 0-4 and 4 results unknown. Not shown in Play-Offs.
ScoreMaster2000 (also shows Symph 0-6 but data doesn't exist to confirm all 6 matches)
Went to the new IML the next season: went 3-6 and missed play-offs in IML 01 - ScoreMaster2000
[Image: zJbGtjD.jpg]

(03-02-2015, 04:59 PM)High Gain Wrote:  Also, I was both rostered AND captain of Req from Season 3 onward. Until the end. In fact, I was captain within a week of joining. I believe Dura's words were "hg you're literate, just run it".
Updated.

(03-02-2015, 04:59 PM)High Gain Wrote:  And if you love me at all, take Season 33 off. I regard it as a complete fraud.
Oh come on, leave me alone! :p
It's getting busy, a few updates are coming in.  Need to work out a way to manage it without getting too stressed out.

I am leaning towards suggesting that in most cases, if someone has new info to add, generally follow these rules:
- If its just one or two simple additions (player was on this team in this season), feel free to edit the wiki directly
- If its more extensive or convoluted (removals, renamings, multiple new additions), then please either:
- - advise in a post here,
- - send a message directly to me (pm, ?message, eMail, slip note under door, draw hasty diagram on beer coaster) or
- - use the "Discussion" page for one of the pages that needs updating. (again I am notified when anything is changed). The Discussion page link is at the left of every page.

I do vet every edit to keep format consistent and wholesale changes are making my head hurt. Youse know who youse are! (but of course I appreciate all the info)

I am going to try to set up a google drive / cloud account specifically for ppl to drop any supporting files etc in if its easier to provide info that way.
You can edit the site directly without signing up, but it makes sense to have an account with your player handle so that its easy to see who's adding what info.

If anyone has tried to signup but struck registration problems, look at the bottom right of any wiki page for a link to "Contact Us", and just tell them. Shoutwiki are just a small group of people hosting the software and will raise a simple ticket, and ought to fix you up with an account.