Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VirtualBox + Ban
Something really funny just happend.

Well, I'm back on Windows 8.1 unfortunately since Windows 7 is not working fast enough (understatement) on my Lenovo Y50
and Continuum is running horribly on it. I decided to install a VirtualBox Machine with WinXPee on it to run Continuum well.

After all the trouble I open Continuum and login, this is what I see:
[Image: s3yXDAG.png]

Can anyone check that ban id, i'm curious Tongue
Odd, but I think the same thing happened to my IP. I loaded up Continuum inside a WinXP virtualbox from Ubuntu, and was able to start downloading the zone, but after a few minutes, it kicked me off. Then I could no longer connect with the same IP anymore. Even outside the VirtualBox on a regular Windows 8 machine, it wouldn't let me connect. If I used a VPN to change my IP, I could connect through regular Windows again.

So something funny is going on with VirtualBox and the server?

I did not get an error saying I was "Banned" though. It just wouldn't connect anymore.

-Plumpy
I have a Lenovo Y50 too. The problem is that Directx defaults to the standard graphics adapter for Windows even if you set Nvidia for Continuum.exe in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I haven't needed that computer for subspace so I haven't researched it further but that's a start. Lemme know if you find a solution.

/Arc
(03-08-2015, 05:59 PM)Plumpy Wrote:  Odd, but I think the same thing happened to my IP.  I loaded up Continuum inside a WinXP virtualbox from Ubuntu, and was able to start downloading the zone, but after a few minutes, it kicked me off.  Then I could no longer connect with the same IP anymore.  Even outside the VirtualBox on a regular Windows 8 machine, it wouldn't let me connect.  If I used a VPN to change my IP, I could connect through regular Windows again.

So something funny is going on with VirtualBox and the server?

I did not get an error saying I was "Banned" though.  It just wouldn't connect anymore.

-Plumpy

This sounds like what happened to me, but I wasn't doing anything with virtualbox, I moved my computer from work to home and a different isp. I logged in, after a couple mins it just booted me and then I could get into every single zone, except chaos, which is ironic, because that's all I play. Now when I try to login it just sits and sits and sits, then tells me it couldn't connect, but I show a good connection to all the zones.