Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 37 Sign-Up - Gold Plated 20th Anniversary of Sniper Edition
Season 36 ends and The Dark wrest the ultimate podium position from Assassins. Backarrow win AML.

Season 37 will start at a date yet to be decided, although early opinions suggest earlier rather than later. All will be decided in due course. Have to sort out whether anything needs changing (usually consensus is that not too much be changed).

If you wish to advise that your team will or will not be returning, or if you are lodging a new team for Season 37, please advise Caerbannog or Caerbannog+. ?message is the preferred way to communicate this. You can instead ?message Nude For Satan or nude+ although I will essentially just pass the information on to Caer. You can of course post your intentions on this thread, but ?message to Caer is preferable.

At this point a team needs to have a minimum 8 rostered players to be considered as eligible. Last season's max was 14, use that as a guide for now. New teams also need to have a dedicated squad member to be given Council Representative status.

Season 36 squads which completed the season (11):
  • Assassins (Y)
  • Backarrow (Y)
  • Cosmic Rift
  • Critical Mass
  • The Dark (Y)
  • Dropships (X)
  • Llamas (Y)
  • OUTLAWS (Y)
  • StarFire Elite (Y)
  • Sterling
  • Symphony (Y)

Returning (7):
  • Assassins - confirmed by Mop
  • Backarrow - confirmed by Candyman
  • The Dark - confirmed by YELLOW HAMMER
  • Llamas - confirmed by Street Fighter
  • OUTLAWS - confirmed by KingNewbie
  • Starfire Elite - confirmed by Solar Hydro
  • Symphony - confirmed by Peeking Duck?
New squads (1):
  • Watchmen - confirmed by arc

Not returning (1):
  • Dropships - advised by Mighty Sven
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Thanks for the update.

Critical Mass will not return, while I think most of it's players will, but on other squads.
Updated OP per Arctos' post.
Actually I may have spoken too soon. Keep us on for now.
Downdated OP per Arctos' post.
Backarrow is returning.
Updated per Candyman's post.
Yay, a returning thread thingy.
Also rosters have been unlocked for editing.

Had no ?messages on Caerbannog+ regarding returning squads.

Not much going on in the council forums about any major changes to the format/rules/anything.
After we have a few squads, we can set up a start date, then set the always popular roster lock date(s).
Updated to show Assassins confirmed continuing on In S37

GUYS PLEASE NOTE: I might have made an error in stating 8 players are needed to start a new squad.

Thinking hard (first time for everything) I believe Caer wanted a minimum FOUR players for a roster to be created, and the 8 was the minimum required not to get underway, but by season's start.
(03-04-2015, 03:25 AM)Nude For Satan Wrote:  Updated to show Assassins confirmed continuing on In S37

GUYS PLEASE NOTE: I might have made an error in stating 8 players are needed to start a new squad.

Thinking hard (first time for everything) I believe Caer wanted a minimum FOUR players for a roster to be created, and the 8 was the minimum required not to get underway, but by season's start.

8 players with a visible eRating is the minimum to actually be allowed in the league, or has been in the past. And even that number seems to result in no-shows.
I can !addsquad poopypants and !addplayer poopypantsConfusedhittycap and !editaccess shittycap:1 based on basically just having the info about someone wanting to start a new squad, though.
Sometimes it helps with the recruiting things and stuff.

(Nude probably has access to 2/3 of those commands.. probably can't add squads Sad )
Yeah so 8 needed to compete once preseason comes around.

But prior to that you had an arbitrary number of players required before !addsquad, right?
Both The Dark and OUTLAWS confirmed as competing in Season 37. Watchmen confirmed as a new (reformed) squad for the season. Updating OP.
That's 8 squads I believe? (I'll add Watchmen on the bots once I make it home today)
Running a single round robin for 8 squads is barely 2 months of games. I think we ran a double round robin the last time we had 8 squads.. and then people felt like the season was too long. Oh well Smile
No. That season we had 12 squads and 22 rounds, which is significantly more than 14. However, keep it open for single round robin if 2 more squads somehow join the league.
(03-16-2015, 07:30 AM)Caerbannog Wrote:  That's 8 squads I believe? (I'll add Watchmen on the bots once I make it home today)
Running a single round robin for 8 squads is barely 2 months of games. I think we ran a double round robin the last time we had 8 squads.. and then people felt like the season was too long. Oh well Smile

If we have 14 regular season games, only top 4 should make it into the playoffs; otherwise the whole reg. season is pretty much irrelevant.

And AML should be scrapped IMO.
4 make PRO, 4 make AML. Ppl want to play playoffs.
12 games + 2 preseason games = 14 week season. Randomize the schedule.
Top 4 go pro, bottom 4 go aml. No bye rounds for the first round, it's pointless.
14 game regular season playing each team twice.

Top 4 - Pro
Bottom 4 -AML

Sorted