Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't log into chaos
I can get into every other zone, apart from Chaos, which I was just in yesterday for league play. I don't know if it has anything to do with this or not, but I travel for work and I've been out of state for about 3 weeks, now I'm back home and my isp is different. Regardless my connection is fine, but chaos won't let me in...it just tries and eventually does nothing, then gives me a crap error msg.

Can someone correct this?

Thanks,

Tidal
Couple of things. Firstly, don't worry, it's a connection issue, not a ban.

Change of ISP is almost certainly going to be related to your problem.

First thing to try, is check if you are connecting to SSCX Chaos/League, or to SSCXX Chaos/League. Note the extra 'X'.

If you are already connecting to SSCXX, skip on to the next step.

If it's SSCX, try changing to SSCXX. Redownload your zone list and check for it. If it's there, try it out. If not, make sure your server address list includes sscentral.sscuservers.net sscentral.trenchwars.org

If still no luck, it could be that your ISP is blocking access to our port. Hopefully you get designated a random something-or-other* with each boot of your modem/router/thing. So try a complete restart of modem/router/thing ... meaning off your computer, turn off your modem/router/thing, leave it for 5 minutes, turn your modem/router/thing back on, reboot your computer.

This might sound weird but it has fixed the problem for a number of ppls.

If you still can't get in, let me know. I'll see what other options there are out there.

* I'm paraphrasing what I've been taught is the plan and I saw a funny dog mid-lesson so I can't remember it all. It was a funny dog, though.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
(05-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Nude For Satan Wrote:  Couple of things. Firstly, don't worry, it's a connection issue, not a ban.

First thing to try, is check if you are connecting to SSCX Chaos/League, or to SSCXX Chaos/League. Note the extra 'X'.

If it's SSCX, try changing to SSCXX. Redownload your zone list and check for it. If it's there, try it out. If not, make sure your server address list includes sscentral.sscuservers.net sscentral.trenchwars.org

If still no luck, it could be that your ISP is blocking access to our port. Hopefully you get designated a random something-or-other* with each boot of your modem/router/thing. So try a complete restart of modem/router/thing ... meaning off your computer, turn off your modem/router/thing, leave it for 5 minutes, turn your modem/router/thing back on, reboot your computer.

If you still can't get in, let me know. I'll see what other options there are out there.

* I'm paraphrasing what I've been taught is the plan and I saw a funny dog mid-lesson so I can't remember it all. It was a funny dog, though.

No I totally get that and I'm sure it is an IP thing, but it's odd, because I was in the zone for 1-2 mins, then it just kicked me and I couldn't get back in. I was always connecting to SSCXX, but can't now. also turned off my modem/router for 3-4 mins and turned back on. I have the same IP, though I am sure I'm not set to have a static IP. I can literally get into every other zone, except chaos.

Also, I did not see any funny dogs.....fml
(05-05-2015, 03:49 PM)Tidal Wrote:  
(05-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Nude For Satan Wrote:  Couple of things. Firstly, don't worry, it's a connection issue, not a ban.

No I totally get that and I'm sure it is an IP thing, but it's odd, because I was in the zone for 1-2 mins, then it just kicked me and I couldn't get back in.  I was always connecting to SSCXX, but can't now.  also turned off my modem/router for 3-4 mins and turned back on.  I have the same IP, though I am sure I'm not set to have a static IP.  I can literally get into every other zone, except chaos.

Also, I did not see any funny dogs.....fml

I'm relatively sure no one is reading this, but has ANYONE had any success with this issue, personally. Is there anything that's worked?

I've tried...

1) turning off my modem/router and computer for 5 mins and turning it back on
2) using the ?go chaos command from trench wars
3) port forwarding for port 13500
4) using a free VPN to try another IP, which immediately shows chaos as red or unavailable when I do it
5) contacting my isp, who swears they don't block packets on port 13500. They actually have a publicized list of blacklisted ports on their site as of late Feb and 13500 isn't on it.

There's no reason I can think of that I should be able to get into trench wars, on the same server, but not into chaos (especially, because when I trace it it shows a 20ms-40ms connection and no ploss).
yo, i have the exact same problem...after a few minutes i got d/c and couldnt enter chaos anymore, every other zone works no problem. Ive tried all of the methods above, but nothing works. i have a new isp and i installed windows 10 recently so thats got to be it. has anyone found a fix for this?
I now have the same issue. No real change to be honest. Just happened today randomly. Guess we are toast.
I upgraded to Windows 10 and I now can't get into the zone. I can get to other zones, I see chaos and that there's ~50 people online, just can't get in.

Here's the error:

Failed to connect to server. Check to make sure the server is online (it should appear yellow or green in the zone list) and that you are currently connected to the internet. If problem persists, seek help at the Tech Support FOrums found at http://www.subsapcehq.com

I've not tried rebooting yet, none of the VPNs I have access to allow me to go external so that's not an option.
My friend Massacre has the same issue. He is also retarded and doesn't know how to post on this forum. Is this connection issue still an issue for anyone else?
Having the EXACT same issue guys... currently logged in through VPN...

Hallu even recycled the server for me and it did nothing. I didn't change IP/modem/anything... just logged in, after a few minutes it kicked me out and I couldn't get back in.