Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional league - April 2015
We really need is more and equal teams to compete for the champion.

Jjust an idea of a new rule: Allow players only who have played atleast in half of their games in regular season to participate pro playofffs.

#1 main goal of pro league is to create more squads, atleast 16 to revive it totally to this day to make it "the most competitive league of subspace" again as it deservers it, if you look at the past and the history it has.

I even do not see it as hard as it may sound to you, but hell look at the teams at the moment. We would easily have 16 competitive squads and awesome battles every sunday if we make some critical changes to league, the situation requires acion from league operators and from the players to push people out feom their caves and do something new.

Team amount is shrinking to unbearable level to arrange any kind of league soon, might happen next season already. Help me get the league on right track and to follow it in future.

It's important to do ome change now, not tomorrow.

Every single player that play this game wants to win pro title - and by playing it.
If you dont play for you team during the season or spec in playoffs, what do you think you have complished if your team happens to win the title? NOTHING, you havent complished nothing. It would have been same as you wouldn't have logged on to whole game at all.

You need to have the passion, th ourage and the skill to play it and to win it. And you will feel that you deserve it. It fucking gives 100% to this game and for its players and community that YOU show and lead bt your playing how things are getting done.

If you are not getting this, you should quit kid. This is professional league of the subspace. I dont go and watch professional leagues of sports without knowing that god damnit, these players really try and it shows and it's even fun to watch THEM play. Even with good pracs nowadays we would have 100% more players ready to play in spec, because of the quality, the practice and the fun it would give to them.

What you really need is to do is give it all every practice and match.
Might be that your teammates of the pracs or squaddies in games want the title even more and will force you play it even better.

Cap
(04-28-2015, 10:41 AM)Captor Wrote:  We really need is more and equal teams to compete for the champion.

Jjust an idea of a new rule: Allow players only who have played atleast in half of their games in regular season to participate pro playofffs.

#1 main goal of pro league is to create more squads, atleast 16 to revive it totally to this day to make it "the most competitive league of subspace" again as it deservers it, if you look at the past and the history it has.

I even do not see it as hard as it may sound to you, but hell look at the teams at the moment. We would easily have 16 competitive squads and awesome battles every sunday if we make some critical changes to league, the situation requires acion from league operators and from the players to push people out feom their caves and do something new.

Team amount is shrinking to unbearable level to arrange any kind of league soon, might happen next season already. Help me get the league on right track and to follow it in future.

It's important to do ome change now, not tomorrow.

Every single player that play this game wants to win pro title - and by playing it.
If you dont play for you team during the season or spec in playoffs, what do you think you have complished if your team happens to win the title? NOTHING, you havent complished nothing. It would have been same as you wouldn't have logged on to whole game at all.

You need to have the passion, th ourage and the skill to play it and to win it. And you will feel that you deserve it. It fucking gives 100% to this game and for its players and community that YOU show and lead bt your playing how things are getting done.

If you are not getting this, you should quit kid. This is professional league of the subspace. I dont go and watch professional leagues of sports without knowing that god damnit, these players really try and it shows and it's even fun to watch THEM play. Even with good pracs nowadays we would have 100% more players ready to play in spec, because of the quality, the practice and the fun it would give to them.

What you really need is to do is give it all every practice and match.
Might be that your teammates of the pracs or squaddies in games want the title even more and will force you play it even better.

Cap

At some point, the only logical explanation is for players who aren't on teams and who would like to play, to get together and be willing to start a new team, knowing it's going to be an uphill battle. Perhaps some players who normally bench for top tier teams would be willing to also do the same. I'm not for breaking up any teams that want to stay together, I'm just saying there may be some players who would be willing to start teams for the health of the league. As a vet who was looking for a team at one point, I talked to at least 3-4 players who I think could be potential starters or subs for decent teams, that literally aren't even looking for squads now, because the teams they'd like to play for are all full.

Maybe you could put a "games played" limit, as you said, but is 50% the right number or not? I've been in similar leagues where that's done or where players are rated between 3-7 based on skill. The higher is better obviously. Then you say each team can play only X number of total points per game and each player played has their skill level subtracted from that total. What that leads to is more balanced rosters, because you need players rated 3 and 4, just as you need 7's. Players are then re-rated, based on performance and can move up or down, gradually, based on their individual stats. It's kind of complex, but it's something that's done a lot in pool leagues, which is where I'm bastardizing it from. Forces more players to play, a little less stacking and involves more management. The only problem I see for SS would be players who join teams and just don't show up. You'd have to actively recruit or kick people, to resolve that issue.

It's just one more thing to think about.
Reduce roster sizes. As much as I like everyone on BIA, we have 10+ players at each game.. and 5-6 play in a game. I'm sure this is the same for many squads. Reduce roster to 8-10 max.

This would force new teams to be created as others get forced out of squads. With a current roster size of 14 either half your squad benches or you have inactives rostered. Either way it's pointless having 14 players on a squad. If 4 players are forced off each squad the result is 25-30 players needing new homes. This could result in 3-4 new squads being created.

If that happens you could have a split AML and PRO league again, and thus having a competitive AML with weaker teams having a shot and a competitive PRO as well.

If anyone can explain the reason we have 14 players on rosters please do. If your reason is some times people don't show up, that's a stupid reason. If you're telling me that 14 players is needed to show 5 players on a sunday then clearly your squad is full of people who don't play, period.
I agree Surrey. And the argument that ppl will stop playing makes no sense since those ppl don't show anyway. However, 8 is too low. 10 sounds good.
your attempts at the english language are admirable, I certainly know they are better than I could do in whatever your native language is. Some squads just want to stay together so yeah just saddle up and play.
Thhanks you
(05-01-2015, 01:48 AM)Surrey Wrote:  If anyone can explain the reason we have 14 players on rosters please do. If your reason is some times people don't show up, that's a stupid reason. If you're telling me that 14 players is needed to show 5 players on a sunday then clearly your squad is full of people who don't play, period.

SFE (likely the weakest squad in Season 37, and having been around since Season 1) has consistently opposed mandatory roster size reduction, every time the idea was floated.

We tend to have 5-10 players showing on a specific match day, and a quite different 5-10 another match day (yes, we know that not playing our 4 best systematically hurts our performance). If roster size is reduced, we may no-show on some match days to the extent of being discouraged or even forced out of 4v4 League, which would be a real shame. 

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)
(05-01-2015, 07:20 PM)SolarHydro Wrote:  
(05-01-2015, 01:48 AM)Surrey Wrote:  If anyone can explain the reason we have 14 players on rosters please do. If your reason is some times people don't show up, that's a stupid reason. If you're telling me that 14 players is needed to show 5 players on a sunday then clearly your squad is full of people who don't play, period.

SFE (likely the weakest squad in Season 37, and having been around since Season 1) has consistently opposed mandatory roster size reduction, every time the idea was floated.

We tend to have 5-10 players showing on a specific match day, and a quite different 5-10 another match day (yes, we know that not playing our 4 best systematically hurts our performance). If roster size is reduced, we may no-show on some match days to the extent of being discouraged or even forced out of 4v4 League, which would be a real shame. 

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)

You're telling me that those 4 extra people make all the difference? I really doubt that. I imagine if you had 4 less players who went on to play on other squads that you would show 4 every week still.

Here's your current 3 game playing roster

Something Dutch: 3 games
MFA: 3 games
ufotable: 2 games
A-Virus: 2 games
Inri: 2 games 
Shikaa: 1 games
Solar Hydro: 1 games

I would venture to say that solar was at all 3 games. shikaa was at 2 if not all 3. So I find your statements to be rather false.

And regardless, you would rather keep your 14 man roster and kill league than have a 10 man roster and continue with league? If you're telling me you can't field 4 players out of a 10 man roster you are full of crap or your squad is completely inactive. Based on the above stats I would say the former rather than the latter.

If your argument is actually that you like these players and want to stay together, no problem. You can keep your same chat, you can practice together all you want, but when it comes game time, god forbid you have to split into 2 teams and not play together for 45 entire minutes. The horror. Think about league, not just yourselves. You are advocating harming league to "better" 1 single squad. And I quote better because I don't think you are in any way shape or form bettering your squad. I think your squad would be better if you split in half.
I highly doubt reducing roster size to 10 would result in more than 1 new squad. Most of the people that would be cut don't even show up or play. You need more players or league will die. Shuffling around the existing dwindling population will not prevent that.
(05-02-2015, 07:42 AM)oldvet Wrote:  I highly doubt reducing roster size to 10 would result in more than 1 new squad. Most of the people that would be cut don't even show up or play. You need more players or league will die. Shuffling around the existing dwindling population will not prevent that.

You're not getting new players. To think that some how you're going to draw hundreds of new players to the game is just dumb. Maybe you can draw back a few old players to play again, but even that is unlikely to result in new squads. The only chance is to force people to create new squads. 1 squad is better than 0 new squads either way. 

Otherwise you need to look at changing league format completely. Draft League perhaps. The main point is, currently nothing at all is being done. We are just content to allow the league to remain unchanged and slowly disappear. People would rather complain that an idea won't work than come up with an idea themselves. Lets all just cry and whine and do nothing then. Oh wait, we already are.
Cutting the rosters down to 10 wouldn't help. Here, I even did it for you. Unless being on a new squad with other people listed here would result in A LOT of increased activity.

Sins:
ro

Zep
mr.penguin
Jake or Dingo (activity)

BIA:
Shuko
fedu
Odin
Stiggy

Llamas:
Wado Kai
homie
Aramen

Outlaws:
DarkDenizen

SFE:
a-virus
freakmonger
Ankh

Symphony:
Lusty
qwing
bose
Grunster

The Dark:
dozzman
swamp thing
Benji

Watchmen:
Shrek

To create squads out of existing squads, you'd have to poach the active players. Not the inactives. This has of course been done before. And then their league winning efforts are forever disgraced by the fact that they didn't even have to defeat the defending champions Smile
The game is just too inaccessible for new players. If SS were to be made browser integrated (w/ no set up and no worthless enter your email screen) it'd likely be pulling in thousands of players like agar.io.
(05-10-2015, 05:08 AM)oldvet Wrote:  The game is just too inaccessible for new players. If SS were to be made browser integrated (w/ no set up and no worthless enter your email screen) it'd likely be pulling in thousands of players like agar.io.

Now THIS is something I have long advocated too; Subspace needs to go browser-based! (I admit that back in the day I advocated it to be a 'live screensaver' too).

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFE)
But it can't ... so why send the thread off-topic in pursuit of a pipe dream?
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
I agree that reducing roster size will not get the affect that people desire.   Most players getting cut are the ones that are inactive or cannot participate for various reasons.  I understand there are issues with allowing teams to schedule games but at this point it is in everyone's best interest to go back to allowing teams to schedule their games.  The time restraints of just Sunday at 3 and 4 pm is pretty limited to quite a few players.  Sterling cannot participate because of this rule as a lot of Sterling pilots work on Sunday.  That includes Rage and I.  That's arguably two of the best players left in this game that cannot play due to the current scheduling structure.  As always if Rage and I are able to play then Sterling will flock back to play.  I am only using Sterling as an example because i know very well what our issues are with this topic.  

People will argue that teams will try to use scheduling tactics to their advantage.  I will point out that if anyone cares about having meaningful games anymore or having enough people to show the captains should try to schedule in the best interest of both teams involved.  With that point said we should maintain the Euro friendly schedules we always have had to allow everyone to play.  But why force two American teams to have to always play at 3 and 4pm est Sunday?

There is no influx left of new players.  We should focus on trying to get competitive games of what we have left.  Most people here are adults now.  I would hope that they would understand how to schedule games.  It's been done in the past.  I don't know why we cannot go back to that structure as the current one is just too limited.  

Sunday will continue to be the most active day whether or not the majority of the games are played that day.  I'm sure a good amount of teams will still schedule on Sunday I just propose that there is more flexibility. 
Seismic there is a lapsed discussion on scheduling matches in front of the 4v4 Council, I have just nudged it back in front of the spritely members again. I'm not about having a stance on it, I don't have the history of experience. I'm just trying to help get it discussed. No relation to "teach the controversy"!

I see two things of particular note in Seismic's post.
1. The Council has no representation from the pool of unrostered players - Sterling can't present this argument directly to the forum because they are not playing this season ... because of the issue that they have no avenue to present ...
2. Sterling is a bolded and italicised case in point supporting the reality that people like to play with friends, accomplices and familiar faces. An argument against forcing smaller rosters is that you can't just make people go play with other people; a substantial proportion will say "then I'm not playing at all". It doesn't matter if this is wrong or right. What matters is that it is the case.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.