Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "arenas" that put you into other zones
Ok, so I understand the idea is that if the zone appears more populated people will come. However, if they come based on population and see all the players are in EG:0 don't you think they will go to EG:0? I don't see how this is supposed to help the zone in any way.
[quote name='Jenn_B' timestamp='1320371544' post='279172']

Ok, so I understand the idea is that if the zone appears more populated people will come. However, if they come based on population and see all the players are in EG:0 don't you think they will go to EG:0? I don't see how this is supposed to help the zone in any way.

[/quote]

This idea will do absolutely nothing. It's a bad attempt at trying to make it look like Chaos Pub has a lot of players. What happens is people see a large population before logging in, they get into Chaos Pub and see 8 players, hit esc+a to see the arena list to find out where all the players are, see a lot of players in EG or Powerball and then go there. The thought that at least it brings people into Chaos Pub initially that might stay and play is a foolish thought. I'm sure this idea doesn't hurt anything, but it certainly won't help.
Oh, I figured it out. This change was implemented with no thought what-so-ever about what it would do to the zone. It's simply a way to let 4v4 players (most of whom do not play chaos pub) move between zones without quitting out. Good plan.
A+, would read again
Actually, all zones who have been involved in implementing this have seen new players in their pub. It stands to reason that when one game is in a downtime in a zone that players are more apt to try a different pub if the option is viewable and available. I have seen eg players in chaos and in PB, and we have seen some of your players in our zone. I will say that Chaos is a very very very difficult zone for new player to pick up. I know it is VIE settings, but most zones left today use a much faster style that require much less patience. This may be hampering some of the newer players.