Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Server for the Subspace Community - Hangout/Organize Pracs while Not In-Game
Hello everyone. I want to mention that a Discord server has been started in hope to bring the whole Subspace community together in one centralized server. Since it's kind of ridiculous to have like 7-8 Discord servers. If you would like to show your support of this idea feel free to join the Discord server that is set up for all zones. Having one Discord server will promote cross-zone development and a more united game and community, rather than a fragmented one. It will also look a bit more structured to new players.

Any staff members handling any other Subspace zone Discord server will have the same status in this server (full admin access) and will have full autonomy to run their zone channels in whatever way they wish. If anyone zone chat would have troubles with anyone, just restrict them from the channel(s). That is up to the admins of the respective zone channels.

Any other admins you see in this server that aren't real Subspace staff are only there to help out with the server, like myself. I/we have nothing to do with how to run things whatsoever. I'm merely a helper/organizer for the server itself and do not run things concerning the Subspace leagues amongst other things. Just to make that clear.

In the long term this will have benefits such as:

• Cross zone development projects.
• Greater awareness between community members (less isolation).
• Encourages working together and fosters understanding.
• Shows a united front to old and new players instead of a fragmented one.
• May lead to a verified discord server which has many benefits.
• Better development of the Discord server and maintenance.

Please support the initiative for a united Subspace community.
https://discord.gg/3W6Cggp

Never heard of it? Here's the link to download and read about it. https://discordapp.com/features
It's a voice and chat communication appplication. Very simple to use. Thought maybe players could hangout there if they want and get a hold of people if they wanna practice or whatever.
There is also a Discord app for your phone if you wanna use that as well. Voice works pretty good. Both applications are free to use.
joined, wish more would join to coordinate pracs
i also joiuned
Hallu and caer need to join for updates and maintenance postings.
(06-15-2017, 01:42 AM)Thor Wrote:  Hallu and caer need to join for updates and maintenance postings.

That would be nice. Can post updates in the announcement channel there as well.
I have fixed roles for squad leaders so they can add their players to the group on the server, so they will have access to their private voice and chat channels.
Commands are available to add/remove players if their roster changes.

As for now I know about three different squads on the server. When others join I will add commands for them as well.
cool idea!
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Spread the word about Discord and see if we can add more people to this growing server.
I have now added so any new videos published from Solar Hydro or Gruntster is automatically posted in #league-matches channel on the Discord server.

If possible, with Hallucination's help, we will see new forum posts posted on Discord as well. If this works at all that is.
(08-28-2017, 03:59 PM)Menteroth Wrote:  I have now added so any new videos published from Solar Hydro or Gruntster is automatically posted in #league-matches channel on the Discord server.

If possible, with hallucination's help, we will see new forum posts posted on Discord as well. If this works at all that is.

well done sir Smile
(08-28-2017, 03:59 PM)Menteroth Wrote:  I have now added so any new videos published from Solar Hydro or Gruntster is automatically posted in #league-matches channel on the Discord server.

If possible, with hallucination's help, we will see new forum posts posted on Discord as well. If this works at all that is.

Whoa. -Keanu
Terriffic -Elijah Wood

http://i.imgur.com/Hfzf14T.mp4
I have added so new forum posts will be announced in the #announcements channel on Discord as well.
Bump. Join the discord server!
(03-13-2018, 05:39 PM)Odakscieldja Wrote:  Bump. Join the discord server!

I did last fall :p
WTF Get off my lawn!
(06-11-2017, 09:43 PM)Menteroth Wrote:  Hello guys.

I just recently started logging in and checking out the game again and I was just feeling that maybe we could take advantage of Discord.

It's a voice and chat communication appplication. Very simple to use. Thought maybe players could hangout there if they want and get a hold of people if they wanna practice or whatever.

Never heard of it? Here's the link to download and read about it. https://discordapp.com/features

Anyway. I setup a server for anyone who wants to join and just idle there or whatever. All you need to do is go to this link https://discord.gg/JKxwP76 (or http://discord.me/subspaceleague -- easier to remember if you wanna share and can't copy link) after you have installed the desktop client. You can also just click the circle with a big + in it, after you installed the client, and type in the invite code manually. Which is: JKxwP76

There is also a Discord app for your phone if you wanna use that as well. Voice works pretty good. Both applications are free to use.

See you there. Laters.

Great work man (not being sarcastic).
We're now 90+ members. Come and join the server for out of game prac organizing and just hang out.
Just a little update/bump to tell you we're now 120+ members on the server. Come and join the discussions in real-time.
Reminder to read the message in the #welcome channel when you join the server.
Hi. I have changed the original post with a new message that you can read at the top.
Hi the invite expired