Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 42 General thread / returning squads
Hey Three, welcome back.

Having a 7th squad is likely not a good idea. We started the last season with 6 and everything was fine, but when we added the 7th squad, there were 50% of no shows, 3v3 or 3v2 games.

Any chance you can team up with !norating or Style?
(12-30-2017, 08:53 AM)Street Wrote:  Hey Three, welcome back.

Having a 7th squad is likely not a good idea. We started the last season with 6 and everything was fine, but when we added the 7th squad, there were 50% of no shows, 3v3 or 3v2 games.

While I see in this thread there are six teams in league so far, the roster page has at least 10? Any chance we can remove the ones not in league?

So many aliases on the six teams... and no, I would like to run my own instead of joining another, bringing back a good amount of unrostered players. If a team folds sure would be nice to have 7 instead of 6. Shrug.

If that’s not possible I sure hope NTS’s aren’t allowed. That’s just letting ringers sway games week to week.

Not going to go 12 rounds on this, Caer will it happen or not? Looking forward to pew pew league.
(12-30-2017, 08:53 AM)Street Wrote:  Hey Three, welcome back.

You could always do double headers if you don't want a bye week. Not that hard.  Then you can play more and not have weeks you don't play. 
(12-31-2017, 03:37 PM)7th Wrote:  You could always do double headers if you don't want a bye week. Not that hard.  Then you can play more and not have weeks you don't play. 

I wasn't saying that 6 is better than 7 because of bye weeks. The issue is playing 4v4 vs not playing 4v4 (or having no-shows).

Based on last season's evidence, with 6 squads we can have 3 4v4 games every week. With 7 squads, it drops down to having less than that because someone somewhere will not be able to show 4 people. In that case, it's better to have a 3v3 league with 8 squads.

As discussed earlier in the thread, double headers don't solve the issue.

Btw, happy New Year Subspace!
If Three could form a team out of currently non-rostered players the argument of no-show doesnt really apply (with ''double headers''). 7 Squads is better than 6, and to have more competition is always positive. By all means, let Three form a squad, there are still considerable players like Saiyan and Nacre who aren't rostered to any team and have been some-what active, just to name few.
What is the verdict and when do rosters lock? Will the league op please respond? If I can’t field my own team how much time do I have to find a team?
(01-02-2018, 01:45 AM)Three Wrote:  What is the verdict and when do rosters lock?  Will the league op please respond? If I can’t field my own team how much time do I have to find a team?

I believe the mid-way point of the season, can't recall.
WTF Get off my lawn!
(01-02-2018, 01:45 AM)Three Wrote:  What is the verdict and when do rosters lock?  Will the league op please respond? If I can’t field my own team how much time do I have to find a team?

Uhh.. let's not throw a 7th squad in there after the pre-season is done with already. Looks like some roster changes have taken place over the two weekish break too.
I mean besides the surprise captaincy over Style which I seemed to have ended up with.

As for roster lock dates, existing players will be stuck after about round 5. Squadless or players who never played etc. dissolved squad players will be free to join until around 8 which is about half.

I'll get the schedule up as soon as we're set to the correct season, need to ping hallu about that Smile
Can we also clean the svssubspace roster page like three has asked for for years now Wink
(01-03-2018, 02:30 PM)Caerbannog Wrote:  

Uhh.. let's not throw a 7th squad in there after the pre-season is done with already. Looks like some roster changes have taken place over the two weekish break too.
I mean besides the surprise captaincy over Style which I seemed to have ended up with.

As for roster lock dates, existing players will be stuck after about round 5. Squadless or players who never played etc. dissolved squad players will be free to join until around 8 which is about half.

I'll get the schedule up as soon as we're set to the correct season, need to ping hallu about that Smile

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do hope teams last throughout the season. Interesting how the league wouldn't want more teams as no-shows seemed to be common last season (four for !norating alone who are returning this season + a few BIA guys).... Let's have BYE's (12-0 wins/BYE's for the opposing side in those weeks) playing that team, yet god forbid a new team causes BYE weeks that can actually show. I would be shocked if a team doesn't fold by week 7, but they were here for pre-season so ^5. 

Not sure what pre-season has to do with new teams joining, as if preseason is some sort of litmus test for established players. Nobody cares about preseason in any capacity, but, alright then. Let the clown car continue down the road.  Rolleyes

Are NTS's allowed whenever or at the opposing teams agreement? Would sure be fun to have them whenever and make this extremely stupid.

Gotta ask again... why are rosters on the league roster page that aren't in league currently? Why aren't they removed? What would it take, 120 seconds to remove them? Come on man.
Drop style and let three create critical mass I gave captaincy away I apologize caer , but I'm just not looking forward to another boring outlaws win. He has a better chance of creating competition with EX pros.
So, a dying game is "suggesting" not to add a new team of returning players because preseason is done with? That just seems either lazy or draconian... frankly I am not surprised.

I was going to play too... oh well.

And before anyone asks: no.
How exactly does a new team of unrostered players affect existing squads' ability to show up?

Unreal rofl.
add me back as captain of style as name r
ASAP thanks.
I'm still interested in bringing my guys into the fold as a new team. Mostly old PB/HZ players, together with a few from Rebels. If Three has a squad of non-rostered players ready we could add the 7th and 8th teams to the league.