Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
match videos
usually videos are up by now what happened?...or you only post outlaw wins? Interested in seeing llamas vs norating
well the symphony vs sfe match was a no-show. I thought our (outlaws) match was not going to happen either until the last minute and wasn't prepared to record anything until we had a 4th show up late. If we ended up no showing I was prepared to fire up Shadowplay and record llamas vs no-rating but it was scheduled at the same time as our match. If your match was scheduled at 3 PM opposite the symphony vs SFE match I would have recorded it. And in reference to "or you only post outlaws wins?" I refer you to this http://svssubspace.com/index.php?page=Results&season=22 . I did record our one loss of the season where I massively screwed the pooch and choked and pointed that fact out. Sorry for the outlaws not losing more matches for your entertainment.
WTF Get off my lawn!
(01-22-2018, 07:20 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  ...and wasn't prepared to record anything...

Not that it matters but the above passage means you weren't prepared to press F9?  Am I understanding this correctly?

It's ok, I just found that part of your reply rather funny Smile
(01-22-2018, 07:45 PM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  
(01-22-2018, 07:20 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  ...and wasn't prepared to record anything...

Not that it matters but the above passage means you weren't prepared to press F9?  Am I understanding this correctly?

well technically Jim it is alt + F9 :p Also about an hour or so before the match I told you in a private message that I saw no point in recording what was increasing looking like it would be a Ahenobarbus, Gruntster, (insert player 3 name of your choice) 3 v 4 match, which I am sure everyone would enjoy watching (sarcasm alert). We had a couple of players afk in spec in other arenas/zones (Ra cough), and not responding to messages that didn't come. I was growing extremely frustrated/fucking pissed off and even considered just logging off, feigning "internet problems".  We had 2 players that were on and responding but logged off about an hour or so before the match so at one point it was just Aheno and myself active. In short I was fucking pissed off, livid in fact. That is the whole truth. We have a full roster of 14 and it can get quite frustrating at times for me that we would struggle to show 4 especially when I am pretty much always there. I always record 2 out of 3 matches every weekend for the past, I don't know, 4 seasons (?) without fail, being that I can't record 2 matches scheduled at the same time and always post them in a timely fashion. I also endure many people slinging shit my way about even doing this. "why are you wasting your time and everyone else's doing this?" "who fucking cares" "your videos suck" it goes on and on ad infinitum. Speaking for myself, I know I would really enjoy being to go back and see league match videos from 10 or 15 years ago. To each his own I suppose. Possibly 10 or 15 years from now some people may appreciate the obvious time and effort involved to do this. For those that don't like it, all I can say is don't watch them and hop, skip and go fuck yourself. Bottom line I was fucking pissed.

I hope that further clarifies the "not prepared to record anything" statement for you. This is the unabridged version.
WTF Get off my lawn!
(01-22-2018, 09:52 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  

well technically Jim it is alt + F9 :p Also about an hour or so before the match I told you in a private message that I saw no point in recording what was increasing looking like it would be a Ahenobarbus, Gruntster, (insert player 3 name of your choice) 3 v 4 match, which I am sure everyone would enjoy watching (sarcasm alert). We had a couple of players afk in spec in other arenas/zones (Ra cough), and not responding to messages that didn't come. I was growing extremely frustrated/fucking pissed off and even considered just logging off, feigning "internet problems".  We had 2 players that were on and responding but logged off about an hour or so before the match so at one point it was just Aheno and myself active. In short I was fucking pissed off, livid in fact. That is the whole truth. We have a full roster of 14 and it can get quite frustrating at times for me that we would struggle to show 4 especially when I am pretty much always there. I always record 2 out of 3 matches every weekend for the past, I don't know, 4 seasons (?) without fail, being that I can't record 2 matches scheduled at the same time and always post them in a timely fashion. I also endure many people slinging shit my way about even doing this. "why are you wasting your time and everyone else's doing this?" "who fucking cares" "your videos suck" it goes on and on ad infinitum. Speaking for myself, I know I would really enjoy being to go back and see league match videos from 10 or 15 years ago. To each his own I suppose. Possibly 10 or 15 years from now some people may appreciate the obvious time and effort involved to do this. For those that don't like it, all I can say is don't watch them and hop, skip and go fuck yourself. Bottom line I was fucking pissed.

I hope that further clarifies the "not prepared to record anything" statement for you. This is the unabridged version.

Fair enough. All you had to say was you were too angry to record. No worries.
(01-22-2018, 09:59 PM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  

People rely on you to post the videos, it's pretty ignorant you feel like you can deprive people of something they've become accustomed to. Kind of selfish too... 
(01-22-2018, 10:15 PM)cash flow king Wrote:  

People rely on you to post the videos, it's pretty ignorant you feel like you can deprive people of something they've become accustomed to. Kind of selfish too... 

hmmmm, selfish and ignorant of me? I should have recorded a total no show by SFE vs Symphony while people chat? My explanation for not recording our "match" and the other match being played at the same time as ours should be fairly clear. I suppose I could have lied about it and made up some bogus excuse which I certainly could have posted instead. I have never missed a match to record that I was capable of recording except for one ever since I started doing this. I hope that you are just being facetious. At times I have done some ignorant things in my life but am not an ignorant man. Selfish? hmmm well re-read the above statement. For a better idea of what I have done go to my Youtube page and click through page after page of matches throughout the seasons I have been doing this and observe the continuity. I hardly call that selfish. By selfish I would assume you are implying that I am self-serving when it comes to doing this Eric. I only have maybe 80 or so subscribers so it OBVIOUSLY is not for monetary gain :p  I personally do like to go back and look at some of the old videos at times, not just ours but all of them, just because I like it, so I guess you could call that selfish in an odd way. It takes time and resources to do it and I receive zero remuneration for doing so other than the fact the SOME people appreciate it and after 22 years this is still my favorite game. I did alot of things way back to help support this game and keep it from dying. Even though I am no longer on staff or paying to help support websites for the game, this is the one contribution I can make to it. Ask not what the game can do for you, ask what can you do for the game hehe  Smile I suggest recording them yourself and I can stop doing this if that is how people truly feel.

I wasn't even on a squad when I started doing this.
WTF Get off my lawn!
(01-22-2018, 11:45 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  
(01-22-2018, 07:45 PM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  Not that it matters but the above passage means you weren't prepared to press F9?  Am I understanding this correctly?

hmmmm, selfish and ignorant of me? I should have recorded a total no show by SFE vs Symphony while people chat? My explanation for not recording our "match" and the other match being played at the same time as ours should be fairly clear. I suppose I could have lied about it and made up some bogus excuse which I certainly could have posted instead. I have never missed a match to record that I was capable of recording except for one ever since I started doing this. I hope that you are just being facetious. At times I have done some ignorant things in my life but am not an ignorant man. Selfish? hmmm well re-read the above statement. For a better idea of what I have done go to my Youtube page and click through page after page of matches throughout the seasons I have been doing this and observe the continuity. I hardly call that selfish. By selfish I would assume you are implying that I am self-serving when it comes to doing this Eric. I only have maybe 80 or so subscribers so it OBVIOUSLY is not for monetary gain :p  I personally do like to go back and look at some of the old videos at times, not just ours but all of them, just because I like it, so I guess you could call that selfish in an odd way. It takes time and resources to do it and I receive zero remuneration for doing so other than the fact the SOME people appreciate it and after 22 years this is still my favorite game. I did alot of things way back to help support this game and keep it from dying. Even though I am no longer on staff or paying to help support websites for the game, this is the one contribution I can make to it. Ask not what the game can do for you, ask what can you do for the game hehe  Smile I suggest recording them yourself and I can stop doing this if that is how people truly feel.

Grunt, you should know by now when I am just trolling/being sarcastic. I wasn't serious man... Have another beer on me
(01-23-2018, 03:06 AM)cash flow king Wrote:  
(01-22-2018, 11:45 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  
(01-22-2018, 09:52 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  well technically Jim it is alt + F9 :p Also about an hour or so before the match I told you in a private message that I saw no point in recording what was increasing looking like it would be a Ahenobarbus, Gruntster, (insert player 3 name of your choice) 3 v 4 match, which I am sure everyone would enjoy watching (sarcasm alert). We had a couple of players afk in spec in other arenas/zones (Ra cough), and not responding to messages that didn't come. I was growing extremely frustrated/fucking pissed off and even considered just logging off, feigning "internet problems".  We had 2 players that were on and responding but logged off about an hour or so before the match so at one point it was just Aheno and myself active. In short I was fucking pissed off, livid in fact. That is the whole truth. We have a full roster of 14 and it can get quite frustrating at times for me that we would struggle to show 4 especially when I am pretty much always there. I always record 2 out of 3 matches every weekend for the past, I don't know, 4 seasons (?) without fail, being that I can't record 2 matches scheduled at the same time and always post them in a timely fashion. I also endure many people slinging shit my way about even doing this. "why are you wasting your time and everyone else's doing this?" "who fucking cares" "your videos suck" it goes on and on ad infinitum. Speaking for myself, I know I would really enjoy being to go back and see league match videos from 10 or 15 years ago. To each his own I suppose. Possibly 10 or 15 years from now some people may appreciate the obvious time and effort involved to do this. For those that don't like it, all I can say is don't watch them and hop, skip and go fuck yourself. Bottom line I was fucking pissed.

Grunt, you should know by now when I am just trolling/being sarcastic. I wasn't serious man... Have another beer on me
true, my bad 
WTF Get off my lawn!
Hi. I usually record and post SFE's matches (and sometimes others). I am locked out from the game server, which contributed to SFE's no-show (the first in 2+ decades).

Solar Hydro
I wonder how many more players are locked out
(01-23-2018, 01:34 PM)SolarHydro Wrote:  Hi. I usually record and post SFE's matches (and sometimes others). I am locked out from the game server, which contributed to SFE's no-show (the first in 2+ decades).

Solar Hydro

a few players have gotten around it by using a VPN Solar.
WTF Get off my lawn!
(01-23-2018, 10:47 PM)Gruntster Wrote:  
(01-23-2018, 01:34 PM)SolarHydro Wrote:  Hi. I usually record and post SFE's matches (and sometimes others). I am locked out from the game server, which contributed to SFE's no-show (the first in 2+ decades).

Solar Hydro

a few players have gotten around it by using a VPN Solar.

He claims to have changed his IP, which is what you're doing with a VPN, but I'm pretty sure he didn't manage to succeed.