• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 43 Squad Sign-ups
So, it looks like we have 5 confirmed squads now:

Llamas
SFE
Symphony
Godkiller
Requiem

We really need at least one more squad to confirm, for a total of 6, before we can begin the new season. I've not seen or heard from any of the Outlaws captains so I'm really unsure of their status.

PS - Nice job three and Ozn for stepping up to the plate. One more hero and we can get things going.
what about sterling can anyone confirm with rage? That would be 6.
(06-23-2018, 12:44 PM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  So, it looks like we have 5 confirmed squads now:

Llamas
SFE
Symphony
Godkiller
Requiem

We really need at least one more squad to confirm, for a total of 6, before we can begin the new season.  I've not seen or heard from any of the Outlaws captains so I'm really unsure of their status.

PS - Nice job three and Ozn for stepping up to the plate. One more hero and we can get things going.

StarFire Elite is returning.

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)
(06-23-2018, 08:19 PM)Thor Wrote:  what about sterling can anyone confirm with rage?  That would be 6.

Spoke with Rage briefly and it didn't, at the time, look like he was bringing Sterling back.  Although, that was a few days ago and I obviously can't speak for him. 

I think OUTLAWS will be back, but I still need it confirmed from one of their captains before adding them.
(06-23-2018, 09:33 PM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  
(06-23-2018, 08:19 PM)Thor Wrote:  what about sterling can anyone confirm with rage?  That would be 6.

Spoke with Rage briefly and it didn't, at the time, look like he was bringing Sterling back.  Although, that was a few days ago and I obviously can't speak for him. 

I think OUTLAWS will be back, but I still need it confirmed from one of their captains before adding them.

There were rumblings that The Dark may return also, although that may cannibalize Outlaws players. Perhaps Jocker can weigh in?

Will a euro team enter the mix like Unhallowed, BIA, or EGO?
fedu, candy ? can BIA be revived?
I have no word from fedu? Bugkiller wants to play, maybe i could get sabrewolf to show (maybe.) whos on these new squads? who else could i recruit?
(06-24-2018, 08:27 PM)Candyman Wrote:  I have no word from fedu? Bugkiller wants to play, maybe i could get sabrewolf to show (maybe.) whos on these new squads? who else could i recruit?

If I were a squad captain or a prospective one I would be reaching out individually to everyone in the league, regardless of rosters or past allegiances. I would be checking last seasons rosters and using that list to gauge interest. Next I would be scouring who is practicing and seeing if I was interested in those people being on a team I was captaining, all the while making sure those prospective players can show to a good amount of matches, and even practices, at least on the weekends. Moreover, I would be reaching out to past players to see if they have interest in playing. Geography also would play a part in this. If I were you I would target people like Sika, Shadow, pilo, Megaman, other BIA, unhallowed, Addicts, and EGO players. Get their emails, start reaching out. Obviously I wouldn’t narrow my search to just this but it’s the most logical place to start.

The question of who could I recruit really irks me. If you want to play and run a team, use your head and get on it. Come on man. This isn’t shit talk, this is a wtf? moment. People need to step up.
(06-25-2018, 02:12 AM)Three Wrote:  
(06-24-2018, 08:27 PM)Candyman Wrote:  I have no word from fedu? Bugkiller wants to play, maybe i could get sabrewolf to show (maybe.) whos on these new squads? who else could i recruit?

If I were a squad captain or a prospective one I would be reaching out individually to everyone in the league, regardless of rosters or past allegiances. I would be checking last seasons rosters and using that list to gauge interest. Next I would be scouring who is practicing and seeing if I was interested in those people being on a team I was captaining, all the while making sure those prospective players can show to a good amount of matches, and even practices, at least on the weekends. Moreover, I would be reaching out to past players to see if they have interest in playing. Geography also would play a part in this. If I were you I would target people like Sika, Shadow, pilo, Megaman, other BIA, unhallowed, Addicts, and EGO players. Get their emails, start reaching out. Obviously I wouldn’t narrow my search to just this but it’s the most logical place to start.

The question of who could I recruit really irks me. If you want to play and run a team, use your head and get on it. Come on man. This isn’t shit talk, this is a wtf? moment. People need to step up.

Thanks for the advice. I have a few outlets and corners to look in, but most of what you mention is not interested in playing any more (i have reached out.) I have most of old BIA and other euros on facebook and ive msg'd players like fedu individually without word. I mean, i have some previous experience building and recruiting but we're at a point where the pickings a very slim. I guess my question "who could i recruit" was sloppy, and reflects my level of interest in running a squad at this point. I could rephrase it to "who, out of the 50 players we see on a regular basis, is not already on a roster?" These 2 new squads im not familiar with certainly holds a few of them, but i have no idea who. If we could update the current roster page, or list teams here, it would help me narrow my search and get a better idea of who to talk to, if anyone. I'm also not online during peak hours, judging by discord it's around 4am Swedish time, so i lose track of who's doing what in the community and i can't be around to gauge the situation when people actually practice.

With that said, im not super excited about running a squad, unless a few free agents present them selves. I'm mostly thinking in terms of helping the league. But i'd be fine with no leadership or responsobility at all and just play next season.

Edit: i don't mean to be too gloomy. If i could get fedu, bugkiller and one or two more to commit (someone like caerbannog?), i'd go for it. But it's up to them to speak up. Perhaps fedu already has a squad? Perhaps he doesnt want to play with me? I'm lacking information here despite reaching out.
The Dark will be returning under the following squadname:

Squadname: The Comeback
Captains: JOCKER,Da Monkk and Blink

See you guys in space!
(06-28-2018, 03:57 AM)JOCKER Wrote:  The Dark will be returning under the following squadname:

See you guys in space!

https://imgur.com/a/PlJx9Y0

Looks like kboom, travis, mop, d-tox, mushroom, and dura will be coming back too on Llama's. You guys forgot chemical! Smile Obviously just some fun.

Welcome back TD.
(06-28-2018, 03:57 AM)JOCKER Wrote:  The Dark will be returning under the following squadname:

See you guys in space!

You're set.  You can add players now.

cheers
Outlaws and Sterling?

I heard at least Sterling was back. Spoke to village a day or two ago, he wasn’t sure on outlaws.

Need to get some finality to these teams somewhat soon.

Edit: looks like BIA is back