Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 43 Squad Sign-ups
All squads that would like to be part of Season 43, please leave a message in this thread with squad name and captain(s).

Rosters will be unlocked shortly.

New squads:

Returning squads: Llamas

Not Returning: !norating, Style
Not returning: !norAting
not returning Style
Off to a good start...

Llamas will return, as always.
Lets cut to the chase. We have llamas, symphony, sfe, outlaws(?) and damage inc.

We need to make a 6th team from the crumbles of norating and style, or look to draft league.

Can all of the captains also agree not to start this god damn season before we've discussed some changes around here, regarding zone, settings, conducts and whatnot?

And not to make this thread derail, but we had the FINALS this weekend and caerbannog was playing pracs at 3:20pm est while arguing with people on a kindergarden level, instead of taking responsibility and starting the games on time. How much further are we going to let this shit deteriorate?
(05-29-2018, 07:47 AM)Candyman Wrote:  Lets cut to the chase. We have llamas, symphony, sfe, outlaws(?) and damage inc.

We need to make a 6th team from the crumbles of norating and style, or look to draft league.

Can all of the captains also agree not to start this god damn season before we've discussed some changes around here, regarding zone, settings, conducts and whatnot?

And not to make this thread derail, but we had the FINALS this weekend and caerbannog was playing pracs at 3:20pm est while arguing with people on a kindergarden level, instead of taking responsibility and starting the games on time. How much further are we going to let this shit deteriorate?

We’ve already discussed as a team that if we’re the only new squad and there’s 5 teams we won’t be entering. It won’t be fun or challenging. Rage wanted to bring Sterling back but like most of the league population he wants to see someone new as sysop.

There was also talk of a draft league so people don’t feel obligated to recruit and whatnot. Rage had some good ideas for a format. Others had some interesting ideas as well - Peeking Duck and some others.

But as it stands now, we won’t be entering league unless squads like sterling and TD return.
Have to agree with both Candy an Ozn here.  Something needs to change and drastically.  Have we tried all the ideas before? Maybe.  But that doesn't mean they can't be attempted again, or better yet, something new.

I've been pretty vocal about what I perceive is the primary issue, so need to need to rehash that here.  There needs to be an open discussion about where we go from here and what steps we take next to meet that ends.

Symphony status: wait to see what, if anything, is going to be changed before we commit to a new season.
Agreed with Candyman, Ozn, and Peeking Duck.

Things need to change, we had no shows in the semi-finals FFS. One of the two captains of that team, the league sysop.
Any change will result into something too difficult for the sysop, and he will instead force start the league with 4 squads regardless
(05-29-2018, 07:12 PM)p.k Wrote:  Any change will result into something too difficult for the sysop, and he will instead force start the league with 4 squads regardless

That is why there needs to be a new sysop, among other various reasons.

Someone who cares about the well being of the league. Why can't Kdak run pro, or someone else?

It's pretty clear we need change.
We need a change... I suggest Peeking Duck as the new Sysop, not sure how to proceed with putting him there but that's my vote.

llamas, symphony, sfe, outlaws should state they are NOT returning unless there is a change. I am quite sure no squads returning would force it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4
WTF Get off my lawn!
(05-29-2018, 08:06 PM)Euripedes Wrote:  We need a change... I suggest Peeking Duck as the new Sysop, not sure how to proceed with putting him there but that's my vote.

llamas, symphony, sfe, outlaws should state they are NOT returning unless there is a change. I am quite sure no squads returning would force it.

I second that vote. Peeking is neutral and level-headed. He wouldn't be biased and doesn't call people names or racial epithets. Competent to do the job as well. 
peek has my vote

i'd also be cool with Kdak
Peek has my vote
Wait. This thread started as a conversation about squad sign-ups and changes to the existing structure, but has now morphed into 'Vote for Pedro'.  I am happy to do the job if no one else will and if that's what the community wants, but we still need to decide what we, collectively, want our league to become.  If everyone is happy with the status quo then so be it, however, it seems readily apparent there is a strong desire for change at the top, whatever that may entail.  

To put it more succinctly, even if we change leadership there still needs to be a discussion and subsequent plan on how we can effect positive change for the betterment of the league.
The changes I would like to see are:
1. Change leadership
2. Make ships that are not playable in league stronger so there is more balance between ships, currently absolutely nobody uses jav/shark in league, very very rarely spider, make them a bit stronger so people can at least try out new settings in off season.
3. I don't know about roster lock but since the community is low, remove roster lock until playoffs, allow switching from team to team with one week delay to prevent abuse.
(05-30-2018, 11:32 AM)Peeking Duck? Wrote:  Wait. This thread started as a conversation about squad sign-ups and changes to the existing structure, but has now morphed into 'Vote for Pedro'.  I am happy to do the job if no one else will and if that's what the community wants, but we still need to decide what we, collectively, want our league to become.  If everyone is happy with the status quo then so be it, however, it seems readily apparent there is a strong desire for change at the top, whatever that may entail.  

To put it more succinctly, even if we change leadership there still needs to be a discussion and subsequent plan on how we can effect positive change for the betterment of the league.

I don't think this thread should be used to throw out random ideas people have for what changes should be made to the game. I think the first change should be leadership. This will allow us to implement change. The person who currently handles these things doesn't believe in change, doesn't want change, and when I recently told him the problem was that he wasn't a good leader he scoffed at me and told me "this is spaceships, my job has nothing to do with "Leadership"" I think that sums it up well.... Once we change leadership and feel like this person in charge is open to change/improvements the ideas will flow. Until then, any suggestions end with silence, sarcasm, and ridicule. The main qualities we need out of leadership here is: Neutrality/respect, interest in the greater good, embracing of change via democracy, and organization. I think Peeking Duck would do well in this role and we can make changes from there. Regarding Psyanides commet, Kdak wouldn't be a bad choice either but he has no interest at this time.
(05-28-2018, 01:12 AM)Kdak Wrote:  All squads that would like to be part of Season 43, please leave a message in this thread with squad name and captain(s).

Rosters will be unlocked shortly.

New squads:

Returning squads: Llamas

Not Returning: !norating, Style

Hello,

I would like to sign my new squad up for season 43:

Squad Name: Godkiller
Captain: Three

Thank you.
New squad entering...

Squad: Requiem
Captain: Ozn