Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 44: Returning Squads and New Squad Sign-ups
Didn't mean to imply there is a flurry of action behind closed doors, rather just commenting on the fact that nothing looks to be happening and the lack of any updates was disheartening. I would've wished for for any update, even as trivial as to just inform the general public that no progress has been made and the league is still awaiting squads.

Can we clear the rosters of season 44 and leave the 4 squads that we have. Are the 4 squads TD, Bezbozhnik, Material, and SFE?

Would you know who the forum owner is? The registered forum users looks to be the best database of contacts (emails) we have and I'm thinking we could send out a one-time newsletter informing everyone of the new season. In the long run we'd need some type of opt-in system for sending out league newsletters.

Thanks in advance
can we clear DDPM and any other remaining squads please.
(03-01-2019, 04:44 PM)Ra. Wrote:  Didn't mean to imply there is a flurry of action behind closed doors, rather just commenting on the fact that nothing looks to be happening and the lack of any updates was disheartening. I would've wished for for any update, even as trivial as to just inform the general public that no progress has been made and the league is still awaiting squads.

Can we clear the rosters of season 44 and leave the 4 squads that we have. Are the 4 squads TD, Bezbozhnik, Material, and SFE?

Would you know who the forum owner is? The registered forum users looks to be the best database of contacts (emails) we have and I'm thinking we could send out a one-time newsletter informing everyone of the new season. In the long run we'd need some type of opt-in system for sending out league newsletters.

Thanks in advance

Q: I would've wished for for any update, even as trivial as to just inform the general public that no progress has been made and the league is still awaiting squads.
A: The squad sign-up thread has been up for some time. Rosters have been open for captains to add players for a month. I can't force people to play.

Q: Can we clear the rosters of season 44 and leave the 4 squads that we have. Are the 4 squads TD, Bezbozhnik, Material, and SFE?
A:  People have asked to leave them up so they have an idea who the most recent players are/were. If the clutter is preventing captains from signing up new players then I guess they can be removed.  Is that the issue?

Q: Would you know who the forum owner is?
A: Hallu is the forum owner and I'll ask him if we can do a one-time blast. We would need to consider the GDPR laws for EU residents and/or a means to de-dupe them from the DB,

Q: In the long run we'd need some type of opt-in system for sending out league newsletters.
A: A Newsletter needs to be regular and readable. I do not see, within the current population at least, anyone with the time, interest, or ability to successfully meet those criteria.  Do you have any suggestions?

(03-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Thor Wrote:  can we clear DDPM and any other remaining squads please.

Rosters have been open for a month.  Any player wishing to remove themselves from a team can do so in game.
its like caer all over again all I hear is no, no, no. k thanks.
A one time news-letter would be more than nothing. And you should be able to write, peeking. It doesnt have to be longer than your post above. Time and interest is what you signed up for as league op
Can we have the council vote for more flexible league game times, perhaps something similar to ozns 3v3. Tournament
(03-06-2019, 03:34 PM)p.k Wrote:  Can we have the council vote for more flexible league game times, perhaps something similar to ozns 3v3. Tournament

We are continuing the discussion you started on the Pro Council on this subject.  It will most likely be voted on if confounding variables can be accounted for.

(03-05-2019, 09:42 PM)Candyman Wrote:  A one time news-letter would be more than nothing. And you should be able to write, peeking. It doesnt have to be longer than your post above. Time and interest is what you signed up for as league op

I do not have the time at present to manage a newsletter, although I would be happy to do it when my diary isn't so full. Still, that doesn't address the GDPR issue I raised with Ra, and unfortunately I am unwilling to receive a fine or go to jail for the SS community.
peeking im certain u will need people to run start mod league games if we ever have a flexible schedule given we hardly have any active mods, just you and with only one mod that isnt possible. Suggest looking for serious reliable people to help you

(Im also certain that if a vote goes down, everyone will vote for the change)

Also thank you for what you can do when u can, we know youre in achool and life gets in the way too,
vote asap? show some progress? not even the regular players are logging on to try and START a prac
it is in progress. Hang on
WTF Get off my lawn!