Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-Virus Banned and Wins Vacated
A-Virus has been banned as a result of his continuing efforts to circumvent his original ban. He has been playing under several names, most notably 'Scag', who is rostered on Peeking Has 1 Job.  His ban will be for 1 year from today.  The reason I am taking steps to explain this to you is that his actions have a deleterious impact on the league.  His original ban was because he made *real* death threats to two players wive's and/or family.  This is not only a breach of the zone rules, but more importantly is a violation of federal law, one which the FBI now takes much more seriously.  He is very lucky we decided not to report him.  However, since his original ban almost a year ago he has routinely tried to get around it, with his ban being extended each time he is found under a new name.  He insists he was only joking but that claim does not hold up under the lightest scrutiny. As stated previously, this is a genuine Federal offence which the FBI takes seriously whether or not the intention was to act. The first link is of a case identical to this one - despite the FBI realising the perpetrator had no intention of carrying out his threat, he suffered terrible consequences and was lucky to not be charged.

https://abc7chicago.com/community-events/fbi-warns-about-consequences-of-posting-threats-online/2440715/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/indiana-man-sentenced-18-months-prison-posting-online-threats-violence-women-s

A-Virus/Scag has played in 5 matches this season for his team, all of which were wins. I will be vacating those wins based on voluminous precedent in sport history, both professional and amateur. As a result, Peeking Had 1 Job (PH1J) record has been affected by turning 5 wins into automatic losses as you can see from the updated standings in the picture above. I realise some of you might not understand all the rationale behind this decision so I will do my best to elucidate below.

1.  Aren't you being harsh on A-Virus?  No. In fact, we are being extremely lenient in not notifying law enforcement. Think about it this way: How would you feel if someone made a real, and serious threat to harm your wife or children? More importantly, he expressed knowledge of knowing where one of the persons lived. A one year ban is the minimum punishment for such behaviour. Even el poopie was banned for a year and served his ban, then came back. Evidently, A-Virus feels this does not apply to him.

2.  If you knew he was back, why didn't you ban him sooner?  I had been told Scag was A-Virus a few weeks ago, however, neither hallu or me had the free time at that point to trace his every move and look for the empirical evidence needed to assure it was him. Although the verbal tips came from trustworthy sources, it still required us having hard evidence to match his several names together. We were able to do that recently as we finally had time to track it all down and confirm.

3.  Why punish the whole team for one person's indiscretion?  There is literally too much precedent with regard to vacating wins in cases like this. All you have to do is search and you will see in every major and minor sport, this is the method used to punish the team(s) using ineligible players and also to preempt potential future violations. Ask Pete Carroll. 

4.  But what if their team didn't know it was him?  A) Their team did know it was him as I had received tips from senior players on the team which drew my attention initially, B) It is the captain's responsibility to asses and check any new players wishing to join their squad. What if it was Gruntster or el poopie? This is captaining 101 and I can think of more than a few times I had to ask mods about 'new' players wishing to join Symphony, only to find out it was someone undesirable or someone with disingenuous intention. The captain could have asked me at any point to check on the 'new' player had they wanted to ensure it wasn't an attempt to deceive them, but there is no reason to ask such a question if you are already sure of the player's identity.

5.  You are only doing this because you don't like that they made a squad name about you!  Not really, seeing as I was the one who approved their squad name and entered it into the database so they could build a roster. Had I wanted them to change it, I could have refused to begin with, or changed the name at any time. I honestly couldn't give two shits about their team name referring to me.

6.  You should have given us more lead time on this issue as it changes the standings too much!  I wish I could have, however, the demands of a normal life prevent me from being in game 24/7 to micro-monitor potential cheaters. I do my best and I am alerting you now, which is the first time I've had the bandwidth to follow up on the initial leads.

7. As a result of the corrected standings, the match between Rockit vs Starfire Elite is for the #3 seed and final playoff spot in Pro.  Seeds #4 & #5 will play in the AML Final for the Solar Hydro Cup.

Please see the updated standings at the end of this post. They are accurate as of today 14.06.19 @ 14:00 GMT

Cheers,
Peek

[Image: fdr42g.jpg]