Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing Peeking?
Let me just preface this by saying I'm not convinced you have infallible proof that scag is a-virus. If you have nothing to hide, post your entire investigation - methods and findings. For this post I'll pretend you do have solid proof.

Regarding how you're handling the results, there are multiple levels of fuckery at play. You need to take a serious look at yourself and what you're doing.

Topic 1: Faulty assumptions

Knowledge of someone's identity doesn't put us at fault. Knowledge of the illegal action would. You assume (based off pure hearsay) that our team knew scag was a-virus and use that as justification for penalizing the team. There are so many problems with that:

1. It's impossible for us to know to who he is.
2. He never said he was a-virus at any point in time.
3. Even if we did know (which we didn't, we only suspected it), it wouldn't matter because what you're looking for is awareness of his illegal actions;
4. WE DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT DATES AND DURATIONS OF BANS HANDED OUT BY YOU AND HALLUCINATION. Thus, we thought a-virus' ban had run its duration and he opted to play under a new name. I shouldn't have to type this, but the general consesus is that players logged into the zone aren't banned.

Topic 2: Poor application of precedents

If you want to apply preceding penalties, you need to consider the totality of the cases, not just one detail. You should find a case where a team unknowingly registered a banned competitor and he played multiple games without anyone recognizing him. It doesn't happen. Not catching him immediately would be a legendary failure on the part of the league administration. Thats what you've accomplished here. Realistically a-v would never have been on the field because he wouldn't have been registered. Take accountability for your shortcomings.

Topic 3: Mismanagement

This could have been resolved quickly and with minimal damage. Your inability to identify him in a timely manner and your poor decision making blew the problem way out of proportion. You're handing out penalties for a problem which you are partially responsible for. It is your job as a league admin and sysop to check the eligibility of all players in your league at the beginning of the season and continually as they are added. Thats how it works in every zone in subspace. If you're too busy IRL to be the league admin, the answer is simple - dont be league admin anymore.

The league is now absolutely broken. Not because of scag or A-V, because of you.

You had 2 objectives:

1. Remove the supposedly banned player
2. Eliminate his impact on the league to maintain its integrity

But you screwed up #2. Surprised a lot of players and made them feel trolled, like they wasted their time and effort. Destroyed the standings and caused a shitshow resulting in SFE being in the pro finals. Everyone suffers now. TD will have the most meaningless participation trophy in SS history, winning the "pro" league finals vs arguably the worst team in the league. Your legacy as league admin will now be "the guy who put the final nail in the coffin."

You should have done the following:

Approach every team that played against scag and ask if they want to re-play the matches. If they do, you set it up (allowing only the players who were rostered at the time the match was played). If they dont, its obviously for good reason. I'm pretty sure (almost) none of the teams would want a rematch. Everyone would be happy, and the league's integrity would be preserved.

One more thing. Scag was recruited from SFE. Had we left him there, would you be making the same decisions now? I suspect we would never hear about this...

Topic 4: Dictatorship

Are you here to serve the community, or dictate the league according to your will? If the vast majority of the community has a problem with something you did, you probably did something wrong. Try being diplomatic. Stubbornly defending your terrible decisions doesn't make you a good leader. You now have a team boycotting the league and you dont see a problem with it. Whats more important here, the league, or your power over it?

Topic 5: Conflict of interest

If you skip to around 2:10 in the video below, we can see our beloved league admin saying some awful things about the community hes supposed to serve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMlESt_edg4

(Peeking+)> Seriously though, 95% of the remaining population in this zone are the dregs of human society
(Peeking+)> the sooner they're euthanized the better

And now, a couple months later, he's acting against the best interest of a community he wants dead. Shocking.

Please note: the fuckery is exponentially greater if there isn't solid proof. I hope there is. Waiting for it.
Im not gonna make this big. I think you're are a bit biased toward peeking as he just handled in a professional way and probably not to shit on people or anything but just to apply a basic thing that you see everywhere in the world. Beside that I really understand your frustration about this, it is a sad happening.

I think you're right about being a bit more diplomatic could not hurt! What grabs me the most and probably grabs you the most too is the unfairness behind all this. I fully stand behind you and nacre as captains and dont think this is the right answer for the league. It is a very tiny league and if we take the total playtime of all players and their input vs the input of A-virus i too think this punishment is WAAAAAY over the top and should be reconsidered. For exmaple, the way you tried to apply rematches, or a lighter punishment looking at fair details.

I stand fully behind topic 1-3 beside the biased moves to peeking and topic 3 point 2, as he just handled the right way but with wrong vision and it should be reconsidered! It feels very wrong to have these standings. Like benji mentioned, and prob many more agree: Why would you play in an unfair placed standing. I too will refuse to play on sunday (sorry squad) for the sake of our league. I hope we all could, lets be fair?

I really think you approached this extremely professional and should not be ignored!

Cheers, GB
saiyan -- why aren't you on Discord? or are you and I'm just blind? I only know about this post b/c someone mentioned it there.

In case you are unaware, my squad is boycotting the rest of the season b/c of this -- until at the very least we have some kind of vote on it (pro-council or public).  I'm not sure who scag is or isn't or who did or didn't know, but more importantly imo -- I am concerned with executive decisions being made without any pro-council or public input and without clear precedent.  I understand and even agree with some of the reasons Peeking has expressed with keeping some things private, but it really doesn't justify the unitary decision that has been made.

All the best,
~B
Benji i think here is a tough place to ignore this topic, we covered all these topics execept #5 on the discord and we got ignored

You should join the discord sai, we had a long discussion about this, days worth, you have valid points here and these points were brought up in the discord also, we got no response from peeking, ultimately i think hes in too deep into this drastic decision tha backing out now is impossible.
Just chiming in to say that saiyan summarized everything stupid and wrong about the end result here in his post. I agree.

Totally forgot scag was on SFE this season to start...

We are all competitive players at heart. By making this the outcome of the league, it's effectively turned into a joke. I want to see good players rewarded with wins and finals wins.
SFE didn't play like they belong in pro finals and with the 2-7 record definitely don't belong there.

The justification for the penalties carried out in response to Peeking Had 1 Job rostering a banned player are not sound. Real world leagues shouldn't be used as a precedent, especially as we're in an unprecedented time in the history of subspace and 4v4 league. We need to evaluate and look at everything knowing the current state of things. I don't think that means we should encourage leniency, but this response is wrong for all the reasons sai mentioned and completely ruined our league.
I just want to add my two cents.

I have never seen league in such a devastating state before. I hate to say this but I think the administration has so much to do with the low volume of players and engagement.
Although I do like Peeking Duck and haven't had any issues with him, I think his way of dealing with this whole thing is extremely poor and unacceptable. The state Subspace is in at the moment is heart breaking and if anyone had any power over this outcome it was definitely Peeking Duck. I really think if he doesn't step up to the plate we should consider a replacement Mod. Someone who has the time and unbiased decision making to run our small zone efficiently. Again, no hard feelings. I think we all want is best for our zone.

I hope we can find resolve soon.

-THC a-virus
Hello all! This is a-virus trying to fool you!

I just wanted to drop by and speak my piece of mind. First of all it is hard to believe that scag and a virus are the same person. Scag has been in the SFE chat for at least the last year or two and I've had great conversations with him. If it was him this whole time then really had me fooled. It is in my opinion that a pro consil of at least 5 members should be formed in order to prevent admins like peeking duck? From abusing power but also to review certain actions and get a vote on things.

For instance let's say a player (a virus for this example) is being accused of cheating. A proper investigation needs to be done and then evidence presented to the other members to ensure that higher Mods aren't banning people and vacating league wins in self interest, as seems to be the case and point here.

Also an input from other members before such drastic league changes would have made sense because now league is completely ruined for this season.

Some nominee for this role could be solar hydro, crescendo, grunster so on.. Just an idea! Please don't ban me lol ?
(06-24-2019, 12:34 PM)Light Bender Wrote:  Hello all! I just wanted to drop by and speak my piece of mind. First of all it is hard to believe that scag and a virus are the same person. Scag has been in the SFE chat for at least the last year or two and I've had great conversations with him. If it was him this whole time then really had me fooled. It is in my opinion that a pro consil of at least 5 members should be formed in order to prevent admins like peeking duck? From abusing power but also to review certain actions and get a vote on things.

For instance let's say a player (a virus for this example) is being accused of cheating. A proper investigation needs to be done and then evidence presented to the other members to ensure that higher Mods aren't banning people and vacating league wins in self interest, as seems to be the case and point here.

Also an input from other members before such drastic league changes would have made sense because now league is completely ruined for this season.

Some nominee for this role could be solar hydro, crescendo, grunster so on.. Just an idea! Please don't ban me lol ?

I'm curious whether that was the first name you tried, or if you saw that the forum software doesn't let you duplicate names and still went ahead with creating that account anyways.  I'm rather confused why you would attempt to impersonate me...I'm certainly not an influence on the playerbase.

So...really, the only true part of your post is that Scag was on the SFE chat.  If you were one of the people who have actually talked/listened to me, you would already know my opinion is that this situation is 100% the fault of Scag/A-virus, Nacre, and Saiyan...and that this season has been ruined because of their actions, not because of anything Peeking Duck has done.  You would also know that I don't particularly want SFE to be in or win pro finals merely because of a disqualification and everybody else boycotting.  A pity prize is no prize at all.

I'm quoting and attaching a screenshot of your post in case you edit it later for some reason.

.png   Untitled.png (Size: 125.23 KB / Downloads: 6)
I knew that wasn't you light
WTF Get off my lawn!