Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4v4 ship settings - Season 36
One suggestion to slightly nerf the WB, reduce rockets to 2?

[quote name='babaloo' timestamp='1351693584' post='285086']

I agree it is harsh--just throwing it out there. I don't like the idea of taking away things that are fun. I would assume most people agree that rockets, repels, and thors are fun.

Do you think the majority of players use rockets to chase down enemies? For players that aren't as good like me, we have to use them to run away. The warbirds agility saves the pilot's life enough, does it really need 3 rockets? I guess it could also be said that the warbirds agility allows it to get more shots off on enemies or chase them down easier, so does it really need 3 rockets?

[/quote]

From personal experience most rockets are currently used to chase rather than to run (or end up wasted, according to match stats).

We could do this, if we want to nerf wb down a notch vs. the other ships.
Updated to match Jav settings for now

Shark is never played, not in league games and not in practices. Perhaps reducing the time it takes to fire bullets after you've fired a bomb might help.

or letting antiwarp cost the same, since it costs more to use in a shark (for recharge)

Quote:<div>
Shark is never played, not in league games and not in practices. Perhaps reducing the time it takes to fire bullets after you've fired a bomb might help.

</div>

This isn't a separate setting. The delay should be the same as firing a bomb after a bomb. Only by setting bomb type to EMP it glitches to 0.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Seriel Killer" data-cid="288667" data-time="1384028510">
<div>

</div>

This isn't a separate setting. The delay should be the same as firing a bomb after a bomb. Only by setting bomb type to EMP it glitches to 0.

</div>
</blockquote>

Shark:BulletFireDelay:XX:XX:XXXXX:delay that ship waits after a bullet is fired until another weapon may be fired (in hundredths of a second)

Shark:BombFireDelay:XX:XX:XXXXX:delay that ship waits after a bomb is fired until another weapon may be fired (in hundredths of a second)

Shark:LandmineFireDelay:XX:XX:XXXXX:delay that ship waits after a mine is fired until another weapon may be fired (in hundredths of a second)

How about these?
You can't separately control delay before firing a bullet and delay before firing another bomb (only the EMP setting does that), so if you lower the time to fire a bullet after a bomb via BombFireDelay you also lower the time before another bomb can be fired - yikes.

I *again* encourage League to follow the success that Chaos has seen with the Shark by lowering the BulletFireDelay to 16 (it's at 18 in league now, and no one used the ship in Chaos when it was at 16 [just like no one uses it now in league -- not enough of an advantage]). The Shark is the #5 used ship in Chaos, but with the WORST win/loss ratio - easy to overshoot! Overpowered? The data says no.

--hallu

The Shark is the #5 used ship in Chaos, but with the WORST win/loss ratio - easy to overshoot! Overpowered? The data says no.

</div>
The data might actually be saying that Pure_Energy uses it! :pardon:
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
I see, well, in any case, that is just one suggestion out of many possible. It most definitely needs tweaking.

Could we at least try that in practice arenas for a month?

bump

Remove 1 rocket

from warbird.

also add powerball to league which will recharge ship faster, but you cannot shoot while carrying itSmile worth trying on separate Arena?
Cap I love your thinking outside the box but I feel that would change league entirely. Just like in pb, what stops me from using the ball to recharge, then passing it to you and shooting you while you're unable to shoot?

I'd be interested in an arena with no specials, or maybe just 1/2 rockets per ship.

adding powerball and settings to tweak:

Ball carry time: 10 sec? 30 sec, over minute?

recharge: 50%, 100 or 200 faster?

Do we want players/teams Fight for the Ball? Do we want Ball to Be used to cover 0 reps ll, who are targeted? Adding the ball would bring a lot of twists to regural 4v4 play.
or use it only to "stun" Player from Shooting gun/bomb etc.. You could tweak the time of how long you have to carry it, before able to shoot it.

or make it give You level +1 to bombs

bump

I think its time for everyone to start discussing nerfing the super ship warbird....or make the other ships not nerfed. warbird obviously overpowered and dominates lob games (which this game has turned into). it can easily out maneuver any other ship and still do great amounts of damage.

maneuverability should have never been a special ability for this game. it overpowers every other ability by simply causing slow play by avoiding engaging with less maneuverable ships.

all ships should be equal in manueverability----every ship should have a special quality that sets it apart from other ships, but doesnt make it advantageous to the point where the special ability out-performs all of the other ones.

if the ships were balanced accordingly, every ship would be used in league. this is obviously not the case. warbird is and always has been heavily favored. that says a lot about how effective out maneuvering someone can be... either slow the warbird down to the level of every other ship, or speed up all the other ships to the level of the warbird (the latter would be preferred to avoid throwing off maneuvering settings more people are accustom to)

OTHERWISE, if people adore the warbird settings as is, i suggest nerfing the warbird with -100 top energy. that should counter balance the advantageous back bombing people do while abusing warbird. all other ships can remain unchanged then.

thoughts?

Legacy
I agree. There does need to be an adjustment to the different ship's settings. When the SVS settings were established remember that it was at much lower res. The game has changed considerably in that respect.
WTF Get off my lawn!
(03-14-2020, 01:37 AM)Gruntster Wrote:  I agree. There does need to be an adjustment to the different ship's settings. When the SVS settings were established remember that it was at much lower res. The game has changed considerably in that respect.

By in large weaker ships have only gotten stronger compared to ancient settings... look them up. They have received more perks. However, with the exception of early elite rich teams (ONE) paying thousands of dollars for group phone calls and huge resolution way back when, resolution has grown. The advantage goes both ways to warbirds and their less agile, yet sometimes more formidable kin.

More vision means more time to react, slower and faster thrust/rotation alike. If you’re going to say playing a weasel in 1998 was easier then playing one in 2010, or 2020, I would highly disagree, based purely on settings. Perhaps gameplay itself and people being able to watch replays to understand better how to defend one, then yeah. I’ll agree it’s harder. Otherwise give me more vision and time to pivot. Fuck me that’s everything in a slower ship..

Remember matches around Christ I dunno, season 8 and that’s a wild guess. They went from 60 minutes to 45 minutes, and 3 repels to 2, along with however many full subs to just 1, precisely to stop more of the lob bullshit mdnelson (Legacy to the newer folks) alluded to. There were probably other item reductions I'm not recalling...

My three cents, remove multi fire from the Warbird and try it on for size. Reducing thrust fucks up the goal posts of the entire foundation of league. The Warbird is a cornerstone enforcer. Don’t fuck it up like Underlord did by adding 20 thrust sharks and spray and pray terriers. If you don’t remember that.... holy fuck was it bad. Let’s learn from that and not be too reactionary. You know if I’m the guy saying let’s not be reactionary it should resonate. Oh man that was good. Small tweaks not big ones.

Shoot straight.

Three.