Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of the week #2
Thanks to everyone to contributed thoughts and ideas over the last couple of weeks.

Question #2:

Pro Finals, game 3. The score is tied 8-8 with 5 minutes left on the clock (and overtime after that if necessary) and both teams have no specials left. A player arrives late to the match for the opposing team, subs in burned, and you immediately think "Crap, this is absolutely the worst case scenario for my team." Who is that player?

The answers I'm trying to tease out are:

- In a very tight, pressure filled game with no room for error, who do you think performs best?

- This could be because they're going to get the winning kill, or because they're impossible to knock out in that situation and will make getting the winning kill that much more difficult. Or they could just have your number and it adds to your mental stress. Up to interpretation at that point.

- A rephrasing to "Who do you think is the most clutch player?" would also be fine.

Not many rules:

- Even teams. If it helps, imagine that other than you and the new opposing player, the other 3 players are exactly the same.

- Same technical setup.

- Historical players have time to acclimate.

ufo

Me.

Burned means the weasels are out of the equation.

btw ufo you should tabulate the number of mentions each player cited in Question #1 got!

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Oh oops, I misread that. I thought you said they subbed in on YOUR team.

Well, this is a question for AML teams really, because there is no way any pro captain would sub in a guy with no warmup to a game with 40+ mins already played.

And any names mentioned would be names from the previous thread. I have to say you went with an odd one ufo. Especially considering all the other topics you already have.

Thanks for the feedback. I probably didn't lay out the scenario correctly. I'm less worried about actual logistics of subbing in a player with 5 minutes left in a match - I agree with you that that would be improbable on any level.

The answers I'm trying to tease out are:

- In a very tight, pressure filled game with no room for error, who do you think performs best?

- This could be because they're going to get the winning kill, or because they're impossible to knock out in that situation and will make getting the winning kill that much more difficult. Or they could just have your number and it adds to your mental stress. Up to interpretation at that point.

- A rephrasing to "Who do you think is the most clutch player?" would also be fine.

Gut reaction: Nacre, Travis, Buny, Jae
Plut's submission plus Blink. 9-Volt & ishy .. from my limited experience.
Who is buny? :p Do you want a finisher (they usually come with deaths too) or someone with a low margin for error?

MIGHTY SVEN!

Quote:<div>
MIGHTY SVEN!

</div>
No offence to Sven, who is a mighty, mighty player, but both Plut and even you yourself are a better bet in this scenario. I don't remember Sven winning any pracs 1v3 (including racking up 10 kills in a lev to do so).
Mop would be my choice.  He has never been a spectacular player but has always been a solid player.  Someone that over the years both the Intrepid and Assassins dynasty could always count on.  He also plays quite safe in the back and supporting as opposed to trying to create anything.

Mop would be my choice.  He has never been a spectacular player but has always been a solid player.  Someone that over the years both the Intrepid and Assassins dynasty could always count on.  He also plays quite safe in the back and supporting as opposed to trying to create anything.

</div>
I agree with Seis.  Mop is a great player.  He plays his role of support extremely well and does more for the team then people think.  That support role fills the gaps and helps capitalize on more aggressive players moves.  It also helps the team defensively by covering for other team mates and placing bombs strategically so people do not advance further.  
Who is buny? :p Do you want a finisher (they usually come with deaths too) or someone with a low margin for error?

</div>

Exactly Candy - up to your interpretation. In the stated situation, which (and who) would you most not want to face?

Solid arguments for Mop.
buny is dreamery or 2's brother.   Great dueler, but not the greatest 4v4 player (not saying he is bad, he is still really good.  He has improved a lot since he changed his res, but I still haven't seen anything impressive from him in a League Match).  

Dobermann

9-volt. He has a long track record for subbing in and changing games in favor of his team.

Also, Sika if he is in the right mood.

Legacy, Madaxe, any great weasel really. Nothing scarier than no toys and getting singled out by a strong weasel pilot

You'd want a player who pushes without overfiring and with the ability to lure the enemy in without dying.  Based on the remaining players, I'd say The Village Bike,saiyan or buny.