Poll: Chaos SVS 1998 zone
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos SVS 1998 zone
Would anyone be interested in a zone being setup that was Chaos SVS 1998 settings with a bot to handle the problems associated with low pop but in all other ways svs 1998 settings?

Samgun
Not really, I'd rather we focus on making this chaos/leauge zone better rather than create two divergent populations.
[quote name='hook-ups' timestamp='1303547941' post='274848']

Not really, I'd rather we focus on making this chaos/leauge zone better rather than create two divergent populations.

[/quote]

League is league and pub is pub, they should not be the same.
[quote name='Ethylene!' timestamp='1303570065' post='274852']

[quote name='hook-ups' timestamp='1303547941' post='274848']

[/quote]

League is league and pub is pub, they should not be the same.

[/quote]

While they can co-exist peacefully on the same server, they are very different games.

In a nutshell, league's settings have steered away from 1998 settings to give people false hope of having something other than 4 warbirds vs 4 warbirds games. And for various reasons, toy limits have been altered and turrets/mines tweaked.

I would not like to see turrets removed from pub, they're half the fun. League players are too goal oriented to fly around chaos brainlessly "with no challenge".

Get chaos zone league going, you might seem them there. You know they already win MOC each month.
I put yes, but there are no problems associated with low pop (but only fucking with that is certainly better than fucking with more than that).
Talked with a friend who has the tech know how today, so hopefully might have a chaos 1998 zone server set up soon.

Samgunn
I had a priv arena setup with the 1998 CD settings -- I've now made it public as ?go svs98

Have fun!

--hallu
[quote name='hallucination' timestamp='1304042427' post='274950']

I had a priv arena setup with the 1998 CD settings -- I've now made it public as ?go svs98

Have fun!

--hallu

[/quote]

Wow, a subarena, you are on top of things.
[quote name='hallucination' timestamp='1304042427' post='274950']

Have fun!

--hallu

[/quote]

Not much point to a subzone without a bot for adjusting greens, i will wait till i get a full zone set up.

Samgunn
Subs are the reason pub sucks already. You have subs that make people leave pub.
Well onward and upward have a sponsor hopefully lined up to cover server cost, so one more step closer.

Samgunn
Samgunn please why don't you get your own forum and post there? Register a website too.

Call it Chaos '98 Zone - The Place to Be!

If theres anything SVS needs now, its not this at all. However setting up a rival clone of our zone, somewhere grey down the server list, with 2 people (have a bot?), will fail anyways.

But have fun with this project, I hope you put alot of effort in this.

At the end the original settings were designed for 100+ population at peak times. The tweaks with the settings were and are needed to compensate the low population we have these days.
Don't worry am setting up a forum and website, sponsor is going to cross promote it with there products.

Samgunn