Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVS 2003 settings this reset + more
[quote name='hallucination' timestamp='1303623597' post='274864']

I think it illustrative that the settings have not changed and yet certain people jump to all kinds of wild conclusions about all the "terrible" changes to those settings when the fact is those settings have not changed in in close to 10 yrs.

--hallu

[/quote]

Maybe people have just had a taste of the real thing and realised[size="2"] how [/size][size="3"]fucked[/size] [size="4"]up[/size] [size="5"]things[/size] [size="6"]are[/size] [size="7"]now![/size]

Samgunn
[quote name='Ethylene!' timestamp='1303569950' post='274851']

[quote name='PsyOps' timestamp='1303543540' post='274847']

I vote 98 with dynamic freq/green settings.

No Bonuses.

[/quote]

Seems like everyone is, and has been, saying this and I agree as well, 1998 settings with dynamic greens and no bonuses. I wonder when someone will listen?

[/quote]

When someone else is running a zone.

http://forums.ssgn.net/topic/25741-chaos-svs-1998-zone/
Ya, I love the greens being concentrated in the middle of the map until pop gets bigger. About bonuses..did't svs have a ?buy system in the beginning or at least at some point? It's really not that much different than bonuses.
[quote name='hook-ups' timestamp='1303969558' post='274934']

Ya, I love the greens being concentrated in the middle of the map until pop gets bigger. About bonuses..did't svs have a ?buy system in the beginning or at least at some point? It's really not that much different than bonuses.

[/quote]

yea it's OK as long as the area isnt too small.

but instead of just the middle of the map, which lets face it is not designed to be a small playing area, why not have the greens spawn off-center in a section/sections better suited to low pop play?
i just played with 5 of us total. the greens were roughly what i would consider good in density and area. please make the settings for 5 players the lowest possible settings for greens.

ie no less than that area and amount regardless of how many active players.
just an update to say, it's a nice idea, but the new sparse greens are not working for me.

here's why:

1)

when i spawn the first thing i do is ?status. if i'm not 100% on everything, i'll ship change until i am. i can’t be dealing with flying around avoiding fights with ~80% rotation looking for the rotation green. that's just pointless for me. so i hit ship change. of course you can stop me doing that by giving us all really crappy ships to start with to force us all to green. but that doesn’t change the fact that i like to spawn and be ready to play. and if you did that, boy that really would be the nail in the coffin for me.

2)

ok so i've shipchanged and now i have 100% everything. i dont have bouncing bullets or L3 bombs or x-radar etc, but that doesn’t bother me. as long as my ?status is 100% i can play. so i'm off! weeee!

and the kind of player i am, i like using toys. lots of them. as fast as i can. and they all get used up. i can't be bothered to green because they're too few and far between, so i just ship change again. rightly or wrongly. that's what i do. so the greens as they are do not work for me. it's a shame, but that's what i find myself doing in general. getting bored because of lack of toys and shipchanging to bring them back.

RE:bonuses and the bonus booster. it takes so long to get into a safe now, there's no point in using bonuses as a strategy, eg: if i'm in a close area and i'm thinking, i could use a burst here, i have to fly off, go safe, get the burst, fly back and hope my opponent is still there. because of the comparative concentration of greens in the centre of the map, the close areas, which are good for busting in don’t get used often. as a consequence i don't use booster in advance because the chances are, i will never be in a position to use that. especially in low pop. as a consequence of this, my bonuses are piling up and not getting used. is this a bad thing? some would say not. but for me it’s yet another little thing that makes the game a little less fun each day. for me. my solution would be: put a safe in each burstable area, that you can get in quickly. that way everyone can see why you've gone in there and react. one step better than the surprise bonusbooster that people seem to hate (and i love). also i suggest a new bonus: forget booster, lets have a bonusburst and a bonusthor, 3 bonuses = 2 bursts and 2 bonuses = 3 thors respectively, seems like a better way of tweaking it.
[quote name='Capt ARGH!' timestamp='1305632734' post='275217']

just an update to say, it's a nice idea, but the new sparse greens are not working for me.

here's why:

1)

when i spawn the first thing i do is ?status. if i'm not 100% on everything, i'll ship change until i am. i can’t be dealing with flying around avoiding fights with ~80% rotation looking for the rotation green. that's just pointless for me. so i hit ship change. of course you can stop me doing that by giving us all really crappy ships to start with to force us all to green. but that doesn’t change the fact that i like to spawn and be ready to play. and if you did that, boy that really would be the nail in the coffin for me.

2)

ok so i've shipchanged and now i have 100% everything. i dont have bouncing bullets or L3 bombs or x-radar etc, but that doesn’t bother me. as long as my ?status is 100% i can play. so i'm off! weeee!

and the kind of player i am, i like using toys. lots of them. as fast as i can. and they all get used up. i can't be bothered to green because they're too few and far between, so i just ship change again. rightly or wrongly. that's what i do. so the greens as they are do not work for me. it's a shame, but that's what i find myself doing in general. getting bored because of lack of toys and shipchanging to bring them back.

RE:bonuses and the bonus booster. it takes so long to get into a safe now, there's no point in using bonuses as a strategy, eg: if i'm in a close area and i'm thinking, i could use a burst here, i have to fly off, go safe, get the burst, fly back and hope my opponent is still there. because of the comparative concentration of greens in the centre of the map, the close areas, which are good for busting in don’t get used often. as a consequence i don't use booster in advance because the chances are, i will never be in a position to use that. especially in low pop. as a consequence of this, my bonuses are piling up and not getting used. is this a bad thing? some would say not. but for me it’s yet another little thing that makes the game a little less fun each day. for me. my solution would be: put a safe in each burstable area, that you can get in quickly. that way everyone can see why you've gone in there and react. one step better than the surprise bonusbooster that people seem to hate (and i love). also i suggest a new bonus: forget booster, lets have a bonusburst and a bonusthor, 3 bonuses = 2 bursts and 2 bonuses = 3 thors respectively, seems like a better way of tweaking it.

[/quote]

How about perma super power and shields as long as you want everything else handed to you?
is there i way of ignoring posts on this forum? i would just like to ignore everything that cunt says, but i can't find an option to. any help?
[quote name='Capt ARGH!' timestamp='1305798571' post='275236']

is there i way of ignoring posts on this forum? i would just like to ignore everything that cunt says, but i can't find an option to. any help?

[/quote]

Go to the top right corner and click on your name. Then click on "Manage Ignored Users". Then put my name in the "Member's name" form field. Then click on "Save changes". I will warn you, however, your ideas will still suck whether you see my reply or not.
[quote name='Ethylene!' timestamp='1305866701' post='275253']

[quote name='Capt ARGH!' timestamp='1305798571' post='275236']

[/quote]

Go to the top right corner and click on your name. Then click on "Manage Ignored Users". Then put my name in the "Member's name" form field. Then click on "Save changes". I will warn you, however, your ideas will still suck whether you see my reply or not.

[/quote]

thanks, and for the warning. i'm so glad this will be the last post of yours i read