Poll: How do you like the TotalChaos map?
Love it!
Like it
Ok/don't care
Dislike it
Hate it
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polls about map changes
What's your opinion? Add your comments below...

--hallu
I like the walls that apear to be there. The colour scheme Blue and Red, not my cup of tea, Although it works. There is great open space, Plus tight places on the map. Map is overall Good,Great.
There are a lot of really fun spots around this map, a lot of them over to the left. Yesterday at one point Omeaga, Sprinkles, Kyo, RTSS, myself and one other player were brawling all over a wide expanse of rocky territory there for 10 minutes. It was a lot of fun.

I'm a fan. RenderMap did a good job.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
best.map.ever.

The combination of East and West maps is brilliant. The colors are funky and fresh but a different color scheme would liven it up when needed, in time. And clearly great thought went into providing enough of everything to make everyone happy; it's very well done.
Can we have one reset per year (or six months) where every one of the 14 days is devoted to a different map from a repository of submitted maps that fail to make a "full reset" cut?

I reckon that'd be awesive.
Thanks for the input everyone -- here and in the zone too of course. Obviously a mix of opinions here. Overall I think the map was pretty well received. It has excellent flow imo. We'll probably continue with the middle ground here of new maps every so often...

Nude's idea is interesting, but I wish that putting up a new map in Chaos wouldn't recycle the entire zone. The idea of having maps in for a single weekend (fri morning - mon morning) is also a possibility.

No new votes for a week (I had only intended to keep it open for the reset), so I'll closing the poll in a couple of days.

--hallu
I'm one of the folks that could play the Battle Drone map all the time.  In fact, I get out of sorts when it disappears for more than a reset or two.  But new maps every once in a while might add excitement to the old game.  Could we do a poll on the forum once every two or three months to vote for maps, like player made maps (http://www.subspace.co/topic/27369-a-little-chaos-map-feedback/) or Chaos East, and settings (http://www.subspace.co/topic/26668-svs-98-chaos/) for a reset and run the normal map the rest of the time?  It might encourage players to visit the forums more often as a plus.

I am of course always in favor of any transparency in charting the course of the game, and changes however permanent or temporary. 

Where is the total chaos map for checking it out? is it up in temporary chaos?

New maps all the time are best.  One of the things i have like the least about SS since 2001 is the lack of map building/rotation.  Its as bad as changing reps n bursts to make it easier to never die.

...Axe
New maps all the time is a horrible idea.  I'm suggesting new maps one quarter or one sixth of the time.  If there is one thing SVS players resent as a whole, it's change.  

I dug this post from its grave because what I wanted to say had already been said, was still relevant, and hadn't come to a conclusion, so the particular map discussed above isn't currently up in the temporary Chaos zone to the best of my knowledge.  Also, Axe Demento, there have been a slew of player made maps from a handful of individuals; they are just rarely up for long.

The map that was up when this thread was commenced was a mystery. It was an awesome map that everybody told me was provided by RenderGod, yet nowadays whenever I say "what about RenderGod's map" I get stared at as though I'm claiming I can speak to spirits.

heheh here i was all axcited there was a new chaos map that blended east & west Smile  i didn't notice the starting post was from 2011 Wink

Almost a april fools Wink

...Axe

03/04/2014 I'll probably most likely never forget....
Quote:<div>
heheh here i was all axcited there was a new chaos map that blended east & west Smile  i didn't notice the starting post was from 2011 Wink

Almost a april fools Wink

...Axe

03/04/2014 I'll probably most likely never forget....

</div>
It was in fact a mix of east, west, and some other stuff.

But nothing will ever beat the Hybridrome. Who's with me!?!?
Change tileset every reset and change map every other reset. Great poll btw!