Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of the week #1
I'll keep posing these as long as I can think of good ones. Feel free to message me in game or ?message if you have ideas.

This week's question:

If there were one 4v4 game played for your life, and you could pick any 4 players in ss history to represent you, which 4 would you take? One to two sentence rationale.

Not many rules:

- Assume historical players, many of whom played in a completely different era (Chemical, Mashing etc), are active for 2 months in today's game to acclimate

- Everyone has the same technical setup

- You are selecting the best version of a player, but they still retain all their historical faults whether that be choke-prone, immaturity, weak teamwork, being stoned constantly etc. Remember, you only get 1 game.

That's it! Interested in the responses. I'll post mine at the end.

ufo

I don't know ancient players unfortunately I'm quite new to Chaos League so...

saiyan for power

Ra for leadership

Dagger for cunning

Rage for offense

Rage, Nacre (when he was Wind), Travis, and OmegaSupreme.

myself, myself, myself, and partsi to even out the awesomeness

my 4 would probably be something like:

Spinoza, Travis, Dune, & Dingo

rage, travis, wind, and garcon

WTF Get off my lawn!
Mop, Dingo, Aiti +        Bhang, Death Artist, Nacre or Jae depending on the opposing lineup..

You can always put 4 good individual pilots to play in the same team but it is rarely enough for the pro title.

Tunahead (was a beast on Intrepid), Tak, Travis, ZombieBobie (carried BIA) with Mop captaining. Wind/Rage to start and be subbed out. Jae from 2003 as super-annoying-sniper.

And throw in some Exorcist and Mushroom too.

You could also replace Mop with Anamalech for 90000 dpm.

From last ~5 seasons I'd give it to KN, Bike (why he so bad lately?), Blink (when he plays he is like KN), Monkk, and Rage/Nacre.

Based on the existing remaining subspace players, I'd go with:

Bike,KN,monkk

#BROSB4HOS #LE's&NGUYENS #HUE&NAM #LEGEND...WAIT-FOR-IT...DARY!

Task was to form a team for 1 game. So I have to think who's played together with who and how their playing style fits to each others. Selecting 4 great players ain't hard, but finding 4 that would be the best team is hard. It would probably be 2-4 from same squad and/or 1-2 from other, to gain the best from those 4 players.

I will create few teams, since those are almost even vs each others.

Team1:

Mushroom - (that guy is my #1 of alltime)

Chemical (A Finn that played early seasons)

Travis (top-5 of alltime)

Dingo (beast on assassins with aiti, mop, bhang, tak)

Pryde and any other 3. I AM THE GLUE OF THE SUBSPACE COMMUNITY!

As a bad newcomer with little understanding of what makes a good team tick, there would be no point in my contributing, but this is a stellar read. Would love to see more submissions.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
My 4 would be 3, aiti, Trav, Dingo

3 as tablesetter/playmaker (dies out only when he tries to do too much against superior lineups, won't happen with the other three players here)

aiti/Trav as support/finishers (aiti more explosive, Trav more stable)

Dingo as support/glue (positionally perfect will fill in offensive chances and seal defensive gaps)

Strong consideration was given to:

Nacre, Rage, Chemical, Mushroom

This thread is fun but kind of sad cause no one will ever see these epic teams happen. I've never seen half the players listed play spaceships Sad.

Quote:<div>
My 4 would be 3, aiti, Trav, Dingo

3 as tablesetter/playmaker (dies out only when he tries to do too much against superior lineups, won't happen with the other three players here)

aiti/Trav as support/finishers (aiti more explosive, Trav more stable)

Dingo as support/glue (positionally perfect will fill in offensive chances and seal defensive gaps)

Strong consideration was given to:

Nacre, Rage, Chemical, Mushroom

</div>

I have the exact same names in mind, with exception of Dingo and perhaps addition of kingnewbie. Dingo must have shined during the years i missed.

Bonus top 4, from pyramid league - Nme, Darkhosis, babamonkey, D-Tox.
It was great fun to watch Mario, I did alot of watching hehe. When roster limits were higher and or non-existent you saw some badass rosters. Also the other offshoot leagues like WSL/UL and other leagues made it possible for people to form whatever teams they wanted and it was a little more relaxed. You would see players from different squads playing together. More for FUN. Saw a lot of great players. Several are posting to this thread right now as a matter of fact haha!
WTF Get off my lawn!
Since I retired after season 12 and only came back last season, I've missed quite a lot of players on the top of their game.

My dream team would be: Mushroom, Nacre, Chemical and Rage (with Mop as a captain and Travis as a sub).

All of them besides Chemical (and Rage only on season 12) used to be on Intrepid between seasons 9 and 12 and as far as I remember, we went pretty much undefeated for 4 consecutive seasons (in a time, when league was still pretty popular).

Pfft.. My three develops and 1 partsi could own all these teams.

Quote:<div>
Since I retired after season 12 and only came back last season, I've missed quite a lot of players on the top of their game.

My dream team would be: Mushroom, Nacre, Chemical and Rage (with Mop as a captain and Travis as a sub).

All of them besides Chemical (and Rage only on season 12) used to be on Intrepid between seasons 9 and 12 and as far as I remember, we went pretty much undefeated for 4 consecutive seasons (in a time, when league was still pretty popular).

</div>

Upvote - Nacre, Rage, Mushroom, Chemical. Travis sub. 

Also considered: Three, Bike, Healthy Kingnewbie, Exorcist, Garcon, Prime Tunahead, Dingo
Instead of plucking out independently strong players I would pick strong individuals who have a proven history of consistent 4v4 acuity and teamwork.

Lineup: Maimer, Travis, Rage, Dingo

Maimer and Travis for follows and tying together plays. Rage and Dingo for creating openings and providing containment.

I think a lot of people are confused about Chemical - he was primarily a threat in the overpowered shark. It has since been nerfed and in the warbird he was good but not top 10. And no offense to kingnewbie but in the years assassins/The Dark/Sterling/BIA/Flawless were playing a lot he wasn't really as impactful.