Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freq size ideas.
Change dynamic freqs to be either 2 or 4 players pending the amount of players in the zone.

Freq size perma-capped at 4.

No more freq size of 1

1 to 6 players : freq size = 2

7+ players : freq size = 4

The opinions expressed below are mine and mine alone.. they are meant to outline my thoughts on the issue,

and encourage discussion, not serve as an ultimatum or expectation. 

I'd be curious to see if something like this would generate more play in pub.

From some recent observations I get the impression that some people that

go to 2v2 or sit in spec for 4v4 (waiting to be picked - but seemingly never are)

might hang out in pub if the freq sizes were more 'team oriented' and or,

static enough that you know right off the bat what you have to work with. 

As well, a hope would be that when there are already 4 players, and a 5th joins, this would encourage a 6th to join.

Instead of being 2v1v1 or 2v2v1v1 go immediately to 2v2 or 2v2v2.

The same with the larger freq size.. We hit 7 players, and they all team up, an arriving player sees an open spot on a team

of 3 fighting a team of 4  - they join - because they know the odds are better for a good time, than being stuck on a freq of 1

against more powerful teams formed at a population spike that has since subsided.

I also feel that at the very least, the current settings, along with the fluctuating population

leave the zone languishing in the '1 per freq' mode far too often.. leading to instances where

one freq will outnumber another, but two more players won't increase the freq size at all, they'll

still be alone against a more powerful teams.

What are *Your* thoughts about Freq size?

...I'd like to hear them!

Thanks for participating!