Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!Bonus Freedom
My fellow pub dwellers.  I write to you today in the hopes that some of you can read and somehow find your way to this forum.  The topics of this letter are ones which are near and dear to my heart.  Bonuses and Freedoms. 

It makes sense that a bonus defense or a bonus rabbit can only be had in safe... It was a necessary measure to keep the Mormon population in check... but there are no more Gadianton turrets that run for hours then bonus to escape death.  The restrictions on bonus booster and speed has actually made it much harder to catch hight bounties... run run run with no happy ending not fun for pub rats. 

When they took away our God given right to bonus booster and bonus speed outside of safe that was not cool... not at all.

Let us plead and beg with our 4v4 overlords to return our freedoms!

Muh freedoms!

Sure would be nice to always have a rep for those lamers that never green, have shiney F3 keys, but never

seem to show up on the leaderboard at the end of the resets...

:diablo:

The grass is always greener ...

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Quote:<div>

</div>
For them? ...maybe.

no risk, ultimate rewards, and spend little to no time actually playing..

just show up between speccing pracs, cycle wzl till rockets and pummel the F3 key.

People that stick around, play for rating and ave dare not engage or ruin their work for the

15 minutes these people will be rubbing off their F3 keys like their tiny peesticks.

To be honest, I've always thought it was rather funny that anyone complains about specials when

the zone shits greens (I can close my eyes, fall asleep and float around the zone and come up with 200 bty via greens..)

..add flags rewards... NO ONE EFFING GREENS IN THIS ZONE ANYMORE because starting ships are so newb-tasticlly loaded with fun @ every spawn. 

I might also add, it was HILARIOUS to watch these mavens of the rocket try lasting their 15 minutes in Axe's 0 bty zone..

No patience AT ALL .. which just goes to show, they do this here because ITS EASIEST to do.

In CZ, if you're flying around with sub 100 bty it's because YOU ARE PURPOSELY NOT GREENING...

They give nothing back to the zone at all.. as the second they get their target, they're gone again.

They won't play enough to rack up bonuses like regular players, so eventually, even though they can buy rockets, I have a feeling their bonuses will run out long before a regular players... hell increase the cost x2 or x3 if you want..

Or hell, start all ships with NO SPECIALS AT ALL, 100% stats - but make everything purchasable in units of 1..

but inscrease cost across the board.

Reps / Bursts / Rockets / Thors : 3 bonus..

all other specials : 2 bonus.

All ship tools (Stealth / X / Anti etc) : 1 bonus.

If we don't want to expand the bonus system - then I say ditch the whole thing, and strip the ships down to 100% stats and top level guns and bombs, and everything else you get via greening or not at all... GG 

At this point, not really caring if some 'plays 15 min at a time and only cycles and rockets' player decides playing CZ would take too much of their precious time between pracs or whatever else they do because they might actually have to green up before taking another swipe at rubbing the letters off their F3 keys. Boo frikety Hoo. 

Havent these types shit up the zone enough already??

Isn't that pretty much why we are where we are today?

Constantly pampering these Egotist players that spend no time here...

Yeah..

GG 

We spent sooooooo much time worried that a few good players with stocked ships would make it impossible as a new ship to do anything - instead we sorta have the opposite... newly spawned ships 'have' to be capable, and they are - so much so they don't really need to green (most the time) at all.

The Risk/Reward is out of skew.

!bonus revenge was the best thing ever to hit chaos. ever.

You are banned from SSC - the Subspace Central till 2014-11-21 16:50 GMT-6 BanId#554
Regardless of the pricing and limitations, the chasers and the chased both will lament that the system favours their opponents. Bonuses have been tweaked to somewhat lessen their impact on both camps. That their usage is now publicly announced is imo the most positive change.

Most of the hit and run F3 hunters actually cycle for their toys. Those using bonuses for rockets are usually the more regular - or 50/50 - pub players.

Rockets, bursts used to be bonusable in packs of three for - I can't remember - some pittance. And reps should never be cheaper than they are. Reps are life-defining.

Agreed that the zone shits greens. Was refreshing when the interim zone first started a few days ago and there were less of them. Awesome terminology, too :good: Big Grin

!bonus revenge was the best thing ever to hit chaos. ever.

</div>
I hear a lot about it but was not in space when it existed. What about the other one ... can't remember it's name, something like !bonus demolish ... ? How was that received?

Rant about 4v4 players and how greens should be esteemed.

</div>

I'm liking this guy.  After all, greens, apart from elimination, is the biggest difference between 4v4 and Chaos.

Bonus Booster is right, bring back the 10 bonus rabbit prize.  The current flag game makes it worthless.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Nude For Satan" data-cid="290181" data-time="1396952534">
<div>

</div>
For them? ...maybe.

no risk, ultimate rewards, and spend little to no time actually playing..

just show up between speccing pracs, cycle wzl till rockets and pummel the F3 key.

People that stick around, play for rating and ave dare not engage or ruin their work for the

15 minutes these people will be rubbing off their F3 keys like their tiny peesticks.

To be honest, I've always thought it was rather funny that anyone complains about specials when

the zone shits greens (I can close my eyes, fall asleep and float around the zone and come up with 200 bty via greens..)

..add flags rewards... NO ONE EFFING GREENS IN THIS ZONE ANYMORE because starting ships are so newb-tasticlly loaded with fun @ every spawn.

Or hell, start all ships with NO SPECIALS AT ALL, 100% stats - but make everything purchasable in units of 1..

but inscrease cost across the board.

Reps / Bursts / Rockets / Thors : 3 bonus..

all other specials : 2 bonus.

All ship tools (Stealth / X / Anti etc) : 1 bonus.

If we don't want to expand the bonus system - then I say ditch the whole thing, and strip the ships down to 100% stats and top level guns and bombs, and everything else you get via greening or not at all... GG 

At this point, not really caring if some 'plays 15 min at a time and only cycles and rockets' player decides playing CZ would take too much of their precious time between pracs or whatever else they do because they might actually have to green up before taking another swipe at rubbing the letters off their F3 keys. Boo frikety Hoo. 

Havent these types shit up the zone enough already??

Isn't that pretty much why we are where we are today?

Constantly pampering these Egotist players that spend no time here...

Yeah..

GG

</div>
</blockquote>

Can we make this guy a mod?

I DO NOT want to scrap the whole bonus system but it currently is pointless... Hardly anyone uses it.

I like the idea of starting ships with no specials and reducing bonus pricing.

It is GD annoying that the mods do in fact pamper to 4v4 players who don't actually play pub and are just trying to make CZ more like 4v4... essentially trying to eliminate any Chaos that causes them to randomly die or die to a less skilled player... MUH SKILLS and MUH EGO! I AM A PRO!

Bonuses were most recently changed because of specific players who were abusing them and the crying 4v4 players who were offended that they couldn't win against them... Gadianton would drive a turret while getting chased by some arrogant 4v4 assholes and !Bonus Rabbit or !Bonus Defense to escape death because his prideful ass couldn't handle getting killed by the prideful assholes chasing him.

Please tell me if I am wrong.

I would like to go back to a lower ship start bty with reduced bonus pricing.

Also the current flag game is getting pretty boring... Would anyone else be interested in switching to dropable WZ style flags?  Or getting rid of all flags and going to the ball with +1 bullets/bombs?

What about rotating every reset or so?

AZ flags could also work in the castle and J12 (its been done before).

WHO DID THIS TO US!?!?!?

Hallu usually lets threads like this run their course before he says anything.  If he says anything.  But he definitely reads them all.  Dropable WZ flags were a total flop last time.  If you don't have basing teams, it's no fun.  Turf flags sound like a blast though.

!bonus revenge, iirc, targeted a specific guy, gave him 1000 bty, shutdown and warped him to you, 0 energy, with a mine right behind him and greened you a repel.

You are banned from SSC - the Subspace Central till 2014-11-21 16:50 GMT-6 BanId#554
Ahh I'm thinking of !bonus Devour.