Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
continuum under a attack
http://www.subspace.co/topic/27357-continuum-under-attack/page-2

all servers down - http://sshq.net/

Omega Fire is now breaking their population records.  COINCIDENCE?! Probably not.

What is Omega Fire? It doesn't appear on my zone list.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
You have to download it from the zone list

Found it ... just overlooked it. Cheers.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
When the SSC servers return, make sure you change your passwords if you have gone into non-ssc zones.

Quote:<div>
When the SSC servers return, make sure you change your passwords if you have gone into non-ssc zones.

</div>

I agree with that - for sake of transparency, Omega Fire stores passwords in a hashed version which I cannot access the original version.
http://www.subspace.co/topic/27357-continuum-under-attack/page-2

</div>

any updates good sir?
No news so far today... I'll post when I hear something substantive. Folks have mostly been doing a pretty good job of reporting on the situation (DoS attack on SSC servers).

I'm not sure the perpetrator(s) are aware they are committing a felony under US (and other country's) laws with significant mandatory jail time and fines associated with this crime. The host of the game server, which is not a small company, will not look on this attack lightly as they would not wish for any of their business to be affected.

This is a game that people hopefully have fun playing and talking in that is completely player run and funded - a number of us, myself included, pay money every month to keep the lights on.

The rules to be able to keep playing on these private servers are mostly pretty easy going - at least in Chaos you have to ignore copious warnings and break the rule(s) over and over to get banned for any length of time (except for actual hacking which we see maybe once or twice a year [which is technically difficult and never by regular players who, you know, want to keep playing]). Netbans from any zone are very infrequent and exactly two people have been netbanned this year from any zone.

The list of people that would do this is quite small. Does the perpetrator realize their situation? Do they really think the risk is worth it? Does the perpetrator really want a visit from the FBI? I'm not sure they are thinking very clearly about this.

--hallu
When will it be determined if this weekends games are going to be delayed?

Thanks for the info hallu!

Thanks a lot, Hallu.

i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the perp(s) turned out to be a user-made zone dude who got buttfrustrated at a loss or ban of some kind.

You are banned from SSC - the Subspace Central till 2014-11-21 16:50 GMT-6 BanId#554
Quote:When will it be determined if this weekends games are going to be delayed?
Probably sometime tomorrow. Caer might want to just call it today since people haven't had a chance to prac. Probably MoC will be delayed a week.

Quote:i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the perp(s) turned out to be a user-made zone dude who got buttfrustrated at a loss or ban of some kind.
That is the other possible, ill-conceived motivation, though I would say less likely.

--hallu

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phong" data-cid="289961" data-time="1396635868">
When will it be determined if this weekends games are going to be delayed?

Probably sometime tomorrow. Caer might want to just call it today since people haven't had a chance to prac. Probably MoC will be delayed a week.

Quote:i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the perp(s) turned out to be a user-made zone dude who got buttfrustrated at a loss or ban of some kind.

That is the other possible, ill-conceived motivation, though I would say less likely.

--hallu

</div>
</blockquote>

I think I know who it is.

The evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyzSkqrKqM
Thanks Hallu!

Time is a precious commodity that you can't buy or buy back and this individual is wasting it harassing a small group of gamers...

[Image: i-dont-get-it.jpg]

So... I wonder what the odds of when you banned me... when you were "net banning" someone else, that they are the one behind this mess? :diablo:

people have to do something really fucking stupid to get banned in subspace. just super saiyan.

You are banned from SSC - the Subspace Central till 2014-11-21 16:50 GMT-6 BanId#554
Yep, I'm sure whoever did this is going to get charged after a lengthy investigation.. :mellow: