Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pub Freq Settings
Back before ASWZ became popular, arenas were forced to 2 teams of 8 players. This usually caused there to be only one pub arena at any given time. Once ASWZ lifted those restrictions, games became larger and more exciting, but private freqs and center-killers could quickly kill the flag game when only a few people were in the zone.

There are really four options available to us:

1. Force 2 freqs of a set size (8 or 10). More people means new arena.
  2. Unlimited public freqs of a set size. Force people to grow 2 freqs evenly, then join them to a third freq. When third freq fills up, start a fourth. When fourth fills up, start a fifth. etc...
  3. Unlimited public freqs of a set size. Allow people to be in whatever public freq they want.
  4. Unlimited public and private freqs of a set size. Allow people to be in whatever freq they want.

Since we're starting from scratch again, I'm thinking that it would be a good idea for the time being to force the 2 freqs of 8 (or 10) for a while. Barring that, I think option 2 will help the zone more than allowing people to go off on their own freq for center-killing.

Once the zone can maintain a real flag game (2 freqs of 8, 3 nights a week), these restrictions can be lifted and we can return to the exciting, chaotic, do-as-you-want ASWZ pub.

Any opinions?
Yes. I think option 1 is the best to start with.