Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Not Load Subspace
Hey so out of no where I have an issue loading subspace. Everything else seems to work fine on my PC.

When I try to open subspace I just got an hourglass which never goes away and the program never opens.

It's "running" in my system processes and if I try to force quit it through task manager I get this error:

[attachment=5538:error_ss.JPG]

Any ideas?

Virus/Malware screwing with your executables?

This is probably the same thing that happens on an unpatched wine...

Try running continuum as administrator.

Also, if it occurs again, you can get rid of continuum.exe in your task manager by temporarily renaming continuum.exe to something different.

I've done a system restore to a week ago, but nothing has changed with my PC other than an update to Avast Anti-Virus. I've tried disabling that and still the same thing. It's the only program that isn't working. *shrug*

Try reinstalling SS.

Try buying a macbook pro and a 3D-screen

I've had to overrule AVG antivirus a few times, so definitely pursue the antivirus as a cause.

Sol

Yeah seems it is the Avast update I did. Had to remove Avast in order to get the game to run again. Guess I need a different anti-virus.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:<div>
Yeah seems it is the Avast update I did. Had to remove Avast in order to get the game to run again. Guess I need a different anti-virus.

Thanks for the help.

</div>

Create an exception in avast for SS. I use it and have no issues.