Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settings changes
Quote:<div>
Assuming you're in open space (it cant be anywhere else since you didn't mention any bounces), those 8 shraps that come out are inactive and do 10 dmg, not 190.

Even if you do put yourself in a position to avoid the 8 (10 dmg) shrapnels when they come out, you arent protecting yourself from what is actually dangerous - the bounces that are about to compound the shrap damage by 1900%. In truth you were better off hitting them before they bounced. 

</div>

Based on these statements, I think you smoke crack. At the very least, you have no idea about the game mechanics.

This description of InactiveShrapDamage applies:

http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Shrapnel_Settings

"Damage shrapnel causes in its first 1/4 second of life." It has nothing to do with whether is has bounced or not, nor whether you are in the open or near a wall. After 1/4 second, shrap deals it's 190 damage.

Crack kills. So does shrap. Even out in the open.
Yesterday in the middle of a game i hit someone with a L3 bomb that as far as i could tell was near full energy.  Then a second later someone on his team repels and almost every single one of those shrap came rocketing back at him in a massive unavoidable ball.

= instant death

I would hate to see a league match be decided by some completely random BS like that.

Little frustrated with that response so excuse me for the rudeness Smile.

5% yada yada. Your ass didn't even talk about why that 5% is significant, you just pointed out that it happens quite a bit over the thousands of games that've been played over the years. Yeah so what? Even in those 5% of cases we're talking about, explain to me what's going on there that's so wrong. How many of those 5% cases are you going to watch and say, yeah man this game is fucked up if we changed this or that setting the situation would've played out more correctly?? I don't care if it happens a million more times, the point is, which you obviously don't get, is that when an indirect does less than a direct, that is due to the situation. Right, i said it once, "circumstantial", bargeld said it another time, "situational". When the situation dictates that the shrap are going to bounce off some nearby walls when you're in an enclosed space and do extra damage, yes, that bomb is going to do a lot of damage. Now what's wrong with that?! Are you going to complain about the fraction of a percent of edge cases where a direct is not going to force a rep or get a kill but an indirect would?

"5% is significant when the sample size is hundreds of thousands of games over close to two decades. 5% can contain very important league games. It took you 2 days to respond and you respond by quoting others who you think are pro players, when the fact of the matter is they are middle-skilled. In the future I would hope you could think for yourself, good things can happen." <-- Seriously, does this paragraph contain anything of substance?

And I don't know why it matters whether i posted two or three days later.. i saw ur post but didn't have the energy or care enough to respond cause i figured u were trolling. "you respond by quoting others who you think are pro players" I guess i have to make my points explicitly clear cause you don't understand. Dude, their skill level isn't relevant, does it matter if they're the top 2 players or in the middle of the pack or the upper middle? I just quoted 2 other players who try to dodge shrap cause you thought no one does it. Oh and i don't think for myself? Again, i didn't quote them so i could echo what they said, u should've tried to understand rather than firing off some stupid retort.

"Alright, that's fine if you think that. But inconsistency is never good for a competitive game. If you want to keep inconsistency, you should acknowledge that "pro" league is nothing but a casual, fun-driven event. You can't pretend it is anything more than that when games can be decided by inconsistencies, and ultimately the end result of all the settings, the rules, and the map, is an environment where highly defensive play can keep the weak much more competitive than they should be." <--- Please explain where i took shit out of context. It looks like you're deriving the conclusion that pro league is casual from your opinion that there's inconsistency. Am i understanding you incorrectly? I had actually wanted you to offer some more inconsistencies since as you said yourself, everyone else is incompetent at judging things except for u!

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pistol" data-cid="292040" data-time="1410293077">
<div>
Assuming you're in open space (it cant be anywhere else since you didn't mention any bounces), those 8 shraps that come out are inactive and do 10 dmg, not 190.

Even if you do put yourself in a position to avoid the 8 (10 dmg) shrapnels when they come out, you arent protecting yourself from what is actually dangerous - the bounces that are about to compound the shrap damage by 1900%. In truth you were better off hitting them before they bounced. 

</div>

Based on these statements, I think you smoke crack. At the very least, you have no idea about the game mechanics.

This description of InactiveShrapDamage applies:

http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Shrapnel_Settings

"Damage shrapnel causes in its first 1/4 second of life." It has nothing to do with whether is has bounced or not, nor whether you are in the open or near a wall. After 1/4 second, shrap deals it's 190 damage.

Crack kills. So does shrap. Even out in the open.

</div>
</blockquote>

Lol
Pistol, have you ever played 4v4 at a high level? When the fuck has shrap done 10 damage after skimming a bomb.

I am wondering who pistol is...

Assuming you're in open space (it cant be anywhere else since you didn't mention any bounces), [...] Now lets take your example and put you inside an enclosure where the shraps can actually do 190 dmg:

Even if you do put yourself in a position to avoid the 8 (10 dmg) shrapnels when they come out, you arent protecting yourself from what is actually dangerous - the bounces that are about to compound the shrap damage by 1900%. In truth you were better off hitting them before they bounced. With all this said, I don't see your point, at all.

"Also, players can deliberately run through a bomb's prox to lower the damage taken by forcing the bomb to do some pb damage (esp against thors with its huge blast radius), but it's pretty situational (the bomb needs to be close to the shooter relative to its blast radius), and often times maybe it's more so the shooter making a bad choice of when to bomb than any reaction on the defender's part"

I know this, but what does it have to do with the discussion at hand?

</div>

i must be misunderstanding you, or you are misunderstanding how shraps work in this zone. i added the second part because it's not always clear that "closer to the bomb = more damage, further from the bomb = less damage"
I haven't bothered to read anything but the initial post, but this is all I have to say: tinker with the settings ANY more and you're going to ruin it. We've kept the heart of SVS settings for a reason; Hell, I don't even like the changes to the Shark, Lanc, Weasel, Terrier, etc. I'll tolerate, but no more. I'm going to get very loud if I'm not heeded here. You really won't like that.

HG

I just skimmed this and it appears some clueless guy is arguing intangible points with a bunch of experienced people. Standard subspace discussion.