Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rage is banned for five (5) days.
Since he figured out he'd just go ahead and sub himself.

http://svssubspace.com/logs/4v4squad21303221102Freq%20100vsFreq%20200.html

It's a bit late since that game was played a while ago. But still.

And Requiem please, if you're going to report cheaters to me, stop using "fullsub" in pracs. Thanks.

Subbing yourself burned is worse than someone subbing in and illegally changing ships to get a full repertoire of items.

Got it.

/logicfail

Well Rage I was not exactly sober when this happened and apologized for drawing out the 5 lives thing, but I guess sorry again? I didn't want you to get banned.

:wacko:

No idea what you're talking about Grand Dragon Caerbannog. Man the KLAN be crazy these days.

He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

It's quite laughable, but not really.

Quote:He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

I see.

In that case I see nothing wrong with Candyman trying to simulate events that transpire during a match (using one full sub - completely legal in a match). What Rage was just banned for isn't allowed in a match.

I also think all lag outs should be burnt in a practice (just like a match). The idea being that there aren't enough staff members to police whether or not a player intentionally lagged themselves out to either not die or lose items. Max lag outs in practices should be set to 3 (looks at Macuto and shakes his head), just like a match. Time limit being 30 minutes instead of 45 I understand.

It seems counterintuitive to have practice rules differ from match rules when the entire purpose of practicing is to prepare for a match.... but hey, that's me.

Cheers.
so not only will you announce who is banned but you also announce who snitched him?

l0l
Free Partsi!

oh wait

wtf
To think that 4v4 practices should resemble match day as closely as possible is rather silly.  4v4 is a sub arena with it's own settings, and people play there for those specific reasons.  If you're going to make 4v4 practices like real matches, then remove access from all non-rostered players.  Hey, it will cut down on aliasing which isn't allowed in league!  It will also cut the current population by about 30-35%...doh!  Also remove !forcecap so teams like Requiem and Nuke cannot monopolize an arena for the entire night.  !forcecap isn't part of league and if 4v4 is meant to prepare for matches then everyone should have an equal opportunity.

You can't pick and choose which aspects of league you want to be enforced while ignoring the ones that may or may not apply to you personally.

Fullsubbing in a practice is pathetic and a douchebag move whether it's allowed in a match or not.

*If Rage subbing in BURNED for an open spot on a different alias during a practice is illegal, then so is subbing for full items in a practice.  Hell, even Caer said that if you're going to report cheating then don't fullsub in practices, which implies that it IS cheating.  I don't know how one is allowed but one isn't?  Maybe because people aren't so anal that they actually report Candyman cheating in practices.  On the other hand, if Caer knows about it and implies that it is illegal, why isn't it resulting in a delayed ban like Rage's so-called offense?

Quote:To think that 4v4 practices should resemble match day as closely as possible is rather silly.  4v4 is a sub arena with it's own settings, and people play there for those specific reasons.  If you're going to make 4v4 practices like real matches, then remove access from all non-rostered players.  Hey, it will cut down on aliasing which isn't allowed in league!  It will also cut the current population by about 30-35%...doh!  Also remove !forcecap so teams like Requiem and Nuke cannot monopolize an arena for the entire night.  !forcecap isn't part of league and if 4v4 is meant to prepare for matches then everyone should have an equal opportunity.

You can't pick and choose which aspects of league you want to be enforced while ignoring the ones that may or may not apply to you personally.

Fullsubbing in a practice is pathetic and a douchebag move whether it's allowed in a match or not.

*If Rage subbing in BURNED for an open spot on a different alias during a practice is illegal, then so is subbing for full items in a practice.  Hell, even Caer said that if you're going to report cheating then don't fullsub in practices, which implies that it IS cheating.  I don't know how one is allowed but one isn't?  Maybe because people aren't so anal that they actually report Candyman cheating in practices.  On the other hand, if Caer knows about it and implies that it is illegal, why isn't it resulting in a delayed ban like Rage's so-called offense?

That is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I think you're wrong.

It's all boiler plate stuff anyway. Anything you or I say won't change how things are run. It never has and it never will.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ImDigs" data-cid="287119" data-time="1365185250">He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

I see.

In that case I see nothing wrong with Candyman trying to simulate events that transpire during a match (using one full sub - completely legal in a match). What Rage was just banned for isn't allowed in a match.

I also think all lag outs should be burnt in a practice (just like a match). The idea being that there aren't enough staff members to police whether or not a player intentionally lagged themselves out to either not die or lose items. Max lag outs in practices should be set to 3 (looks at Macuto and shakes his head), just like a match. Time limit being 30 minutes instead of 45 I understand.

It seems counterintuitive to have practice rules differ from match rules when the entire purpose of practicing is to prepare for a match.... but hey, that's me.

Cheers.
</blockquote>

Lag out limit at 3 was previously set. People would just get a new alias. Thus it was removed.

And prac rules just... are different. And you should not "emulate" fullsubs, just like no one "emulates" a match lag out.

And Legacy is gone for three days for subbing in for the opposing team and suiciding out. http://www.svssubspace.com/?page=Game&id=113835&season=0
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Three" data-cid="287120" data-time="1365187050">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ImDigs" data-cid="287119" data-time="1365185250">He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

I see.

Cheers.

</blockquote>

Lag out limit at 3 was previously set. People would just get a new alias. Thus it was removed.

And prac rules just... are different. And you should not "emulate" fullsubs, just like no one "emulates" a match lag out.

And Legacy is gone for three days for subbing in for the opposing team and suiciding out. http://www.svssubspace.com/?page=Game&id=113835&season=0
</blockquote>
But you just banned people that are bypassing the rules to sub back in under different aliases, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I would say people lagging out 10+ times and coming back each time with their item list is far more of an everyday problem.  Furthermore, if people know that the penalty for subbing themselves after max lag outs is punishable by ban, they aren't going to do it unless they're just ignorant.  Heck, just do the simple thing, punish the laggers by removing their items.  At least that's a start in the right direction.

Also, how is admitting that someone is cheating by doing "fullsubs" in practice not being punished?  You witnessed it, as have others, more than likely many, many times.  It shouldn't take a "log" to prove anything when you're witnessing it first hand.

Or you could just decide to not ban either person since this happened in a practice and really didn't affect anyone or anything in the grand scheme of things.  I even say that about Legacy, which is one of the people that I dislike the most.  There are far greater problems in this zone/arena than people subbing in after they died (i.e. abuse of !forcecap).  People subbing in after they've died out isn't segregating or deterring the population which has a direct impact on league's longevity.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Caerbannog" data-cid="287128" data-time="1365284138">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Three" data-cid="287120" data-time="1365187050">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ImDigs" data-cid="287119" data-time="1365185250">He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

I see.

Cheers.

</blockquote>

</blockquote>
But you just banned people that are bypassing the rules to sub back in under different aliases, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I would say people lagging out 10+ times and coming back each time with their item list is far more of an everyday problem.  Furthermore, if people know that the penalty for subbing themselves after max lag outs is punishable by ban, they aren't going to do it unless they're just ignorant.  Heck, just do the simple thing, punish the laggers by removing their items.  At least that's a start in the right direction.

Also, how is admitting that someone is cheating by doing "fullsubs" in practice not being punished?  You witnessed it, as have others, more than likely many, many times.  It shouldn't take a "log" to prove anything when you're witnessing it first hand.

Or you could just decide to not ban either person since this happened in a practice and really didn't affect anyone or anything in the grand scheme of things.  I even say that about Legacy, which is one of the people that I dislike the most.  There are far greater problems in this zone/arena than people subbing in after they died (i.e. abuse of !forcecap).  People subbing in after they've died out isn't segregating or deterring the population which has a direct impact on league's longevity.
</blockquote>

Of course it isn't, since they get banned for doing it.

The few times it was very intentionally done to get some suiciding idiot back in under an alias in stead of a player who was still playing the game kinda sucked, though.

Somehow the roster of Infinite comes to mind when thinking about that.
Then why not at least remove items from people that lag out multiple times?  I seem to recall the reason why it was made to re-prize the lost items was to aid newer players who were already in a steep learning curve environment - and to just make practices feel more like an entertainment than a pressure filled league match.  While that has been the outcome, it's become a form of abuse because some people seem to induce lag.  There should never be a reason why someone that has lagged out 3+ times is allowed to continue playing with no item loss.  Half the time it's the opposing team that is penalized by losing items because they are forced to burn reps on the lagger or wasted rockets/thors on him right before he lags to spec and avoids death.  There is literally no penalty for people that are forcing lagging in a zone that already had pretty relaxed lag limits.

Again, this is a far bigger detriment to the zone as a whole than the two occasions someone subbed in after dying out (and banning for someone subbing in to try and win the SQUAD PRACTICE seems ridiculous compared to someone subbing in on the other team after dying out to deliberately try and ruin the match by suiciding).

There needs to be situational judgment before just dishing out a ban.

This actually happens frequently (subbing in as an aliased player) along with sc'ing for items or so I've seen.  Maybe allowing 1 lagout to retain items and then any after that the loss of items.  I think this because some people get tab lag right away and lagout in 10 seconds then do not lag out again.  Also disabling the ability to manually SC would help.  Instead we have to literally type !sc 3   to the bot in order to change ship to spider and there could be a timer on this and for subbing in they'd have to type !sub 100:3  or !sub 200:3 like in games to get the desired ship without items otherwise they'd default to wb that is burned instead of a spider that is burned (which is already in place, but no one uses it because they just type sub and then esc # to the desired ship). 
Why does Legacy get 3 days while Rage gets 5? They both returned under an alias after dying out. Rage subbed someone who was willing on his own team, while Legacy subbed in for a spot on the other team and sabotaged the practice. Legacy should get equal or more ban time.

All lagouts after the first should be result in a burn.

Forcecap should not be available for consecutive practices.
also legacy avoiding ban lolllll

Quote:He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

I was not aware of this fact. Perhaps im playing subspace during sleepwalks? Feel free to provide logs of these "often" events.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ImDigs" data-cid="287119" data-time="1365185250">He's talking about the fact that Candyman, in the past, has often subbed himself or another Requiem player that was 0/0 LL during a practice, then proceeded to change ships and say it's an allowed fullsub.  That is apparently legal, despite the bot distinguishing it as an illegal ship change, but subbing in burned on a different alias after dying out is worthy of a 5 day ban two weeks after the fact.

I was not aware of this fact. Perhaps im playing subspace during sleepwalks? Feel free to provide logs of these "often" events.
</blockquote>
LOL @ denying you've ever subbed for items in a practice multiple times, or in consecutive practices.

Even the league admin has witnessed it.  That's why I don't quite understand why it wasn't punished right then and there....or 2 weeks later like Rage.

</blockquote>
I've never logged anything or screenshot anything, but you've done this a number of times and have also pissed me off by SC'in when you were playing the whole game and were 0/0 LL because you were mad at team or opposing team for targeting someone and then proceeded to keep sc'ing to jav with full toys to run clock to ruin the arena.  You've done this at least twice to me.  Other people have done this too, so it isn't just you.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Candyman" data-cid="287142" data-time="1365362596">

</blockquote>
I've never logged anything or screenshot anything, but you've done this a number of times and have also pissed me off by SC'in when you were playing the whole game and were 0/0 LL because you were mad at team or opposing team for targeting someone and then proceeded to keep sc'ing to jav with full toys to run clock to ruin the arena.  You've done this at least twice to me.  Other people have done this too, so it isn't just you.
</blockquote>

Did this make you want to prac less or more?

I can see it working both ways, but the "I want to kill this MONKEYFLIPPER until he is MONDAY TO FRIDAY dead" rage play more pattern probably isn't the best for us Tongue