Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!norating replace shocktech?
seeing as shocktech is like not showing any interest to the gamer and missing matches.. can me and my buddies enter !norating into league?

dot

?

I'd be cool with it. However my opinion carries no weight!

Shocktech failed to appear again?

Correct me if I am wrong, so don't correct me, as I am not, ST should only removed from competition if they breach eligibility. So they either need to perform some major faux pais (cheating, abuse, etc) or fail the rules of presenting a team. Those rules when I last read them specified that a team needed to no-show four times in total, or twice in succession, whichever occurred earliest. Other than that, they could voluntarily withdraw. I don't know if Caer had a clause for "for the good of the competition" in his rulebook anywhere.

If a new/returning team were to replace an ousted Shocktech, by rights a public invite for new entries needs to be published. Not that it would matter much as !norating are probably the only "readymade" possibility. Massacre are hardly ready (probably only about 3 players who could show, that aren't on existing competing rosters). I presumed Nemeses dissolved into other squads or away altogether?

Does an incoming replacement team start on a 0-84 kdr? I would say that's harsh but considering the push to split the second half of the season into split Pro/AML conferences, and the possibility that every team at season's end would qualify for finals (will it be two final fours, or two final sixes?) it would actually be more likely to be the easiest backdoor entrance to a title tilt a team could experience.

It's also a nifty way for a Pro-div capable team to ensure they compete in AML if they wanted to win silverware without meeting the biggest guns.

If !norating join, will their fixture v Alpha Reunion be billed as an intraclub match?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amusing opportunism from Enforcer :

<pre>
DZ-4v4-Bot-> Odds to win: Nuke (86%), Shocktech (14%). Use /!predict 100 (Enforcer) or /!predict 200 () during the first 2 minutes to bet on a team to win.
Caerbannog+> oh man
Dre> that is fine
retroaction> shocktech has a 14% of winning according to bot
Enforcer> gg
Caerbannog+> DZ-4v4-Bot> Odds to win: Nuke (86%), Shocktech (14%). Use /!predict 100 (Enforcer) or /!predict 200 () during the first 2 minutes to bet on a team to win.
Caerbannog+> yeah
retroaction> can u believe that
Caerbannog+> that's the worst 4v0 odds ever
Enforcer> .pred 100
Caerbannog+> .setscore 12-0</pre>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
^ lol at shockteck having a 14% chance of winning vs nuke *with shocktech having 0 players.  Well nuke has Dre so it isn't totally illogical.  

Shocktech can be replaced, yes. If we have more than one squad willing to do it, we will obviously have those duels play a best of 3 series for the spot Wink

However Shocktech has only no-showed once now. The one against requiem wasn't an actual no-show, they had 2 or 3 to play on the original time slot, but for totally selfless reasons requiem wanted a chance to stat-pad I mean play against four of them.

NFS cut the log short, I totally explain the 14% later on in there. I've !setscore incorrectly before :p

EDIT: Also, yes. They would inherit the record and K/D of a squad they are replacing. But why, you may ask? Basically to prevent reseting your record back to 0-0 by just replacing your squad with a "new" squad with 95% of the same players, a new name, and an extra player.

It's much simpler again to just hand out the previous record than to set a limit of how many players from the squad you are about to replace you're allowed to have.

Although the whole no squad name changes during the season rule was much more important for Pyramid. The bot's scheduling would get royally screwed by new squads, or a mistake in the standings.

(the losses and the K/D don't really affect anything in the current format before you end up in a tie breaker situation. And not having half the season of results there might benefit a squad.)

Quote:Shocktech can be replaced, yes. If we have more than one squad willing to do it, we will obviously have those duels play a best of 3 series for the spot Wink

However Shocktech has only no-showed once now. The one against requiem wasn't an actual no-show, they had 2 or 3 to play on the original time slot, but for totally selfless reasons requiem wanted a chance to stat-pad I mean play against four of them.

NFS cut the log short, I totally explain the 14% later on in there. I've !setscore incorrectly before :p

EDIT: Also, yes. They would inherit the record and K/D of a squad they are replacing. But why, you may ask? Basically to prevent reseting your record back to 0-0 by just replacing your squad with a "new" squad with 95% of the same players, a new name, and an extra player.

It's much simpler again to just hand out the previous record than to set a limit of how many players from the squad you are about to replace you're allowed to have.

Although the whole no squad name changes during the season rule was much more important for Pyramid. The bot's scheduling would get royally screwed by new squads, or a mistake in the standings.

(the losses and the K/D don't really affect anything in the current format before you end up in a tie breaker situation. And not having half the season of results there might benefit a squad.)

Actually we wanted to give them the opportunity to play 4v4 instead of just killing them 4v2. They said they could get more players on later but it ended up not working out.

The 'stat padding' comment is hilarious though. Look in the mirror. It hasn't gone un-noticed by the entire league that Nguyens have a strategically mapped out schedule that starts with weaker teams and gradually gets harder. Not only are you guys padding stats but you get to warm up throughout the season. Whereas other squads have to play tough teams right off the bat.

I'm sure you just plugged Nguyens into the spreadsheet first, mapped out the teams you wanted to play - then scheduled everyone else around it.

Unhallowed, Shocktech, SFE, Gods, Rebels, Alpha Reunion then Assassins. Good work. You played the entire lower half of league in the first quarter of the season.

If anything our schedule is a disadvantage.  Makes me not want to ever play. Sad  Which is why I'd prefer to just play teams that have the same skill level because it is actually fun to play.  Could care less about stats, accept for WR which is where I am doing a great job so far at, but that is only because I am pretty bad.

In other news, im proposing to fill up an unused league slot with an active squad with players who will show every sunday and prac during the week, also non of my players are currently rostered so i wont be "stealing" players,
Unhallowed and Rebels are good teams, Ass almost beat them in finals, but then Saiyan and 9volt left. I doubt any thought went into building the schedule as you suggested.
". It hasn't gone un-noticed by the entire league that Nguyens have a strategically mapped out schedule that starts with weaker teams and gradually gets harder. Not only are you guys padding stats but you get to warm up throughout the season."

Oh holy fucking tinfoil had lordy. I'll have to get back to the rest of the replies here later since I'm busy busting a gut laughing.

?!