Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flag Timer
Please get rid of the timer for the flag game so douchebags don't keep running around the zone just waiting for flags to drop. The point of the game is to fight and kill. With a timer on the flag all that happens is "people" run around to pick up uncarried flags instead of fighting, it completly throws the point of the game out of wack. I'd bet that having a flag timer has discouraged people from playing.  

The flag timer forces people to fight and kill or lose the flags, you really are retarded.
The fact flags exist encourages people not to fight.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Quote:The flag timer forces people to fight and kill or lose the flags, you really are retarded.
You couldn't be more wrong, but this isn't a surprise. If a player drops a flag all they have to do is go find it again and that's exaclty what players do now to win the flag game, they avoid people (fighting) and just run around the arena picking up loose flags, no fighting required.
Eth "CRUSHED"

how is life in the 1st dimension?

the dimension of being Crushed!

the game is the game.

...Axe
Thankfully there is an ignore feature on the forums too. You'll have to go back to talking to yourself.

thankfully on the forums there is a CRUSH option!

"CRUSH!"

...Axe

There is no doubt that the flags game is currently more easily won by not fighting. Time and time again, I hold flags and Axe holds all the rest of the flags and he runs away and hides, hoping I will drop and he can just pick the flags up without having to fight. It makes the Jav's speed much more valuable because it can arrive at free/loose flags sooner. It takes the skill out of the game and rewards cowardice. It means that Axe will stealth and sit by the last loose flag without picking it up so that everyone elses timer is running out and he can get a fresh timer at the last second. But there is no good solution because without a timer, Axe will just run untill his opponent has to go to work on Monday morning and must leave the game. But, such is the state of the game. There will always be unskilled losers who want to act like they are winners by gaming the system instead of improving their skills. I personally am spending less and less time in pub for these reasons. Luckily there is no good way to do that in 4V4, which is why Axe stays out of there. The only suggestion I can come up with is that the zone needs to be smaller so that people can't hide. The population is remaining low in pub and that won't likely change with Axe's embarassing mouth running all the time, so a smaller arena might be appropriate. Just my 2 cents.

I second a smaller map.  

What is everyone's thoughts on having traditional flagging settings?  You know, a person's flag timer runs out and it drops and isn't able to be picked up by anyone on that freq.  Today, the flag just respawns and it sort of does promote roaming the map and picking up flags. If the flags drop, though, you have to guard it and fight for it or else you lose it.  

I can't believe people are whining seriously because of axe demento. Yes he refuses to engage but that is so easy to overcome in flag games, you just have to kill anyone else and then stalk him. He loses 9/10 times. The game is just fine, do you see axe winning any of the rz jpl games on Sunday?

Bottom line, flags were put in chaos for grins. If axe is too tough for you go and /wrists.
a few points Smile

the game is the game 

if i was running you would never catch me Smile

Odin vs Axe last 100 Resets Smile  

Chaos-Bot> Head to Head record over the last 100 resets is Axe Demento 4 - 4 Odin (50%/50%)

Its simple to hold a flag Smile kill somebody  I was up for power flags Smile 4man min teams and 4 power flags

Kcb's comment about the can't pick up the flag you dropped can be fun.

I still wish there was a !king game command. as i have always loved that game glitches or not.

plus to hear nude for satan get angry at the purple dots is pretty fun.

The map is not big enough.

My mouth recruits new players every month Smile

this have been flagover Smile so hows that flag winning going?

I play because i have fun if you don't have fun go outside read a book.

...Axe

PURPLE DOTS HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
what is this head to head record you speak of? my chaos name is Mog
hi mog/odin fran
You are banned from SSC - the Subspace Central till 2014-11-21 16:50 GMT-6 BanId#554
Helko Dick Willy!