Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another analysis for S33
With everyone back to 4v4, things are looking much more optimistic for the league these days. Is it for the money, for glory or bragging rights? Let's see where we are at the start of new season.

TOP SQUADS

FTNguyen

The champions are once again the favourites to win it. A well-oiled machine which has been consistent for years now. Will they finally lose a regular season game after X seasons? I guess it could happen. After all, it seems regular season will have 20 weeks, ending in like year 2016. Still, they will finish as top seed going into the playoffs. And yes, because of that, they should easily reach the finals. They were pretty lucky to win it last time, but you have to admit they have by far the best teamwork in SS. TVB is the key. Their playmaker and the best player in the league. Then KN who just kills everyone... Yeah, definitely #1 once more. At a first glance, their bench doesn't seem too deep, but with the addition of krellin, now they have 3 guys that can jump in at any time (legacy - for some emps, caer - for teamwork, krellin - just for total madness).

Line-up: TVB, KN, 7th, maimer
Key question: Can KN's shoulders avoid injuries?

Assassins

It is kind of weird that half of Sterling is now on Assassins. No, actually, it is very weird. Selling their souls just to... Oh, never mind. This roster is full of top players, but I feel the skill level has fallen off, compared to, well... any Asses' roster from the past. Losing saiyan was a big hit because of his activity and the fact that he was their best player last season. Inactivity is the biggest problem, but they should be top 3 in the regular season. If Jake and peng start praccing sometime before the semi-finals, Assassins will have a good shot to win though.

Line-up: develop, bhang, kdak, varsity (best 4 at this point)
Key question: Will Jake go Bynum on Assassins?

Nuke

Tough roster we got here. Mix in some asses (enf, nacre, saiyan) and some TD guys (blink, monkk) and this is what you get. An important fact is that these guys are online all the time. Well, not everyone, but sai, blink, ice and makron. Will they develop good teamwork? Maybe, but pracs are different from real games. They definitely have the talent to reach the finals, and I actually see them finishing the regular season just behind Nguyens. However, the season is long. Who knows, maybe they'll destroy everyone, maybe they go emo by mid-season point...

Line-up: enf, nacre, saiyan, blink, monkk (take any 4 and they look pretty scary)
Key question: Is this the new Miami Heat or the new Lakers?

OTHERS

Rebels

I expect a better season for them than the last one. It seems they awaken a bit and are active in 4v4 again. I was just wondering, what happened to masterlord? Anyways, their top line-up is pretty clear with pse, ra, barb and captor. Others are all solid players. I guees they could start dagger, who can be very annoying whichever ship he chooses to play in. They lost to requiem in first round due to an odd decision to let PP play on laptop. Still, I think they are better than Req and should reach pro playoffs easily. This loss is not a big deal and I really think Ra will show his uber captaining skills.

Line-up: barb, captor, pse, ra
Key question: Where the hell is masterlord?

Requiem

Req is back after like a decade. But, is this really Req? There are some ppl on the roster who haven't logged into SS since like 1999. Apart from that, they seem solid. Sika, three and arctos are thier best and having them in the game can cause problems to almost any team in the league. I think they will finish the season below expectations, maybe 6th or 7th. However, I may be completely wrong and they end up in the top 4. Really depends on their showing throughout the season. Good start nevertheless.

Line-up: sika, three, arctos, treachen
Key question: Will sika forget to use x-radar in the deciding game?

Unhallowed

Nice to see Unh back! Death Artist re-formed them and it is a decent roster. Cfl traitor and Nadai joined them and these two are the most important players. Unh's season will depend on them two showing if you ask me. I'd go with fedu and peabrain as starters and have DA as a sub. They seriously need to add at least two more active players to the roster however. If they do, unh can go as high as 5th position. If they don't, they'll have a long fight for the top six spots and eventually end up losing. Or winning (aml). Anyways, I'm cheering for you. Recruit someone.

Line-up: cfl, nadai, fedu, peabrain
Key question: How bad can cfl aim?

 
Starfire Elite

One of the longest lasting squads in the league. Something Dutch and Solar Hydro have kept them alive all these years. Good job guys. This season they seem to be a bit weaker than in the past. They should be AML, but who knows, maybe they surprise us all. For something like that, they need to put on some muscles. Like, start with getting divine to play 4v4.

Line-up: MFA, something dutch, a suicidal dentist, gold teeth
Key question: Can they find a Jeremy Lin on their roster?

Gods

Haha, gods are back as well. Kudos to BE for bringing them back to 4v4. But, they are inactive as hell. I saw gebo in spec the other day, but he seemed afk. As do all gods except BE. I really hope they actually do play in the league, but at this point, I can't see them finishing better than 9th spot. They could be solid if they show up and recruit someone else, but someone good.

Line-up: BE, adept, gebo, krayzie
Key question: How many games will they show to?

Alpha Reunion

I don’t know much about these guys. Guess they are from Alpha zone. I remember seeing some of these names, but no idea how they play. I’ll go with FUEGO as their best player. Anyways, they will probably fighting with shocktech for the penultimate position.

Line-up: fuego and three others
Key question: How many can fuego burn?

Shocktech

Another team I have no idea about. Thx for joining the league guys. I hope you have fun time playing it. It may probably take several seasons until you can compete with others. I really hope you don’t quit. You’ll see that 4v4 league is where top players of SS play.

Line-up: no idea
Key question: Shall they go for the lottery pick?

Why is there no Llamas, the current league leaders, on this list, you ask?? Like I'm gonna tell you my squad's strengths and weaknesses...

P.S. If you no longer wish to receive this, please ESC + q.

- SF

woo! good read good read. We need moar of these ^-^b

-

nice work. some good things posted here. some a little off, but that is to preference. overall well done sir
Quote:nice work. some good things posted here. some a little off, but that is to preference. overall well done sir
And some are just in for their comic value. Like 7th bad in top 4, hah!
Sad

3pm:

Alpha Reunion vs. Gods - Gods by 8

FTNguyen vs. Shocktech - Nguyens by 12

Llamas vs. StarFire Elite - Llamas by 9

4pm:

Assassins vs. Unhallowed - Assassins by 7

Nuke vs. Requiem - Nuke by 1

Rebels vs. BYE Round

Requiem by 6.

Lol. Seems u got insulted by my words?

A little Smile Old pride i guess.

I only created my account on this forum because I had to ask politely...

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS J WALKER GUY?

Hmm let's see...

J = 10

W = 24

A = 1

L = 12

K= 11

E = 5

R = 18

= 81

81/3 letter name = 27

D=4