Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S33 R1 and Full Schedule & Some Rules
The rule part - Double round robin, a hefty 16 rounds:
Squads that dissolve will be replaced by bye rounds. If more than one dissolve, I'll redo "round 2" to match the number of squads left. Maybe even the rest of "round 1".

Tied squads will be sorted HtH -> HtH within tied group -> K/D within tied group -> Overall K/D.
Assuming 10 make it to post-season, PRO will have 6 squads with instant semi-finals for top 2. AML will have the other 4 squads.

Rosters will be locked for moderation before this Sunday. Meaning you can still change your roster up to round 10, but I'll have to handle it. This is to prevent name changing and gives me time to go through any possible double squadders. As usual, rosters will not be changed on Sundays, unless the messages from the captain and the player are both sent to me (?message Caerbannog+:you roxor; or via forums) in advance.

Dissolving squads' players will be allowed to join other squads IF their squad dissolves during the first half of the season.
---------

Schedule for February 10th:

3pm:
Alpha Reunion vs. Assassins -- 110490
Llamas vs. Shocktech -- 110491
Nuke vs. SFE -- 110492

4pm:
Rebels vs. Requiem -- 110493
FTNguyen vs. Unhallowed -- 110494

SCHEDULE FIXED AFTER ROUND ONE TO FIT 11 SQUADS AND BYE.
So 10 squads, thats pretty good. I'm looking forward to this season and i hope all the squads stick around. Feels like league is in a upswing. (in b4 someone says this game is dead) 

There's been a lot of faggotry in pracs lately though. Please let all the newcomers play when they've waited in line and want in. We can't afford to be hostile to new players. Who cares if they drag your stats down? Don't play if you can't handle the game without stack or getting carried. Look for serious pracs with your squad. Requiem is open for scheduled pracs with anyone who wants to. Msg me in-game if you're interested.

There's also been an issue of namestealing going on. maybe mod privalige in the zone should be looked over? I have no idea how many ppl have access to mod powers on that level. And who do we talk to to get our names back? Will it be an issue with rosters if it happens later on in the season?

I tried reading the thread about ship settings but that turned into a shitstorm. Are we confirmed for no changes in ship settings? What about the council?

Quote:So 10 squads, thats pretty good. I'm looking forward to this season and i hope all the squads stick around. Feels like league is in a upswing. (in b4 someone says this game is dead) 
Agreed - very good to see.
Quote:There's been a lot of faggotry in pracs lately though. Please let all the newcomers play when they've waited in line and want in. We can't afford to be hostile to new players. Who cares if they drag your stats down? Don't play if you can't handle the game without stack or getting carried. Look for serious pracs with your squad. Requiem is open for scheduled pracs with anyone who wants to. Msg me in-game if you're interested.
I still say stats in pracs do more harm than good, and they should be turned off. Pracs should be a time where the results are not permanent, and people can experiment and help other players learn the ropes of league without it reflecting on their record.
Quote:There's also been an issue of namestealing going on. maybe mod privalige in the zone should be looked over? I have no idea how many ppl have access to mod powers on that level. And who do we talk to to get our names back? Will it be an issue with rosters if it happens later on in the season?
I spoke with one of the two players who had a name stolen.  He had gone into a non-SSC zone, many of which are set up to steal nicks from the unwary.  He should be able to get his nick back by the usual method (ssc.subspace.co/lostpass).

If you see the "not an SSC zone" warning when entering a zone, don't enter unless you're sure the message is in error (an ASSS server can occasionally give this message erroneously).  If you want to check out the zone, create a duplicate profile with the same nick, but a *different* password and *different* chats (yes they can be stolen too).
Quote:I tried reading the thread about ship settings but that turned into a shitstorm. Are we confirmed for no changes in ship settings? What about the council?
Almost every single player I spoke to expressed support and interest in a Council, however, I don't think any player said "put me on the council" as opposed to "someone from our squad should be on, and we have good candidates..." I think it would be a good thing for the league. I'd like to see more diverse options for play brought back (e.g. make cloak and stealth part of the strategy again by raising the cost differential of running X) - I think more ways to play means there's more strategy involved and more variation in play which makes things more interesting.

--hallu
Quote:e.g. make cloak and stealth part of the strategy again by raising the cost differential of running X)
Ain't nobody got time for that
Ok...

Season ID updated, bots seem to be ok. !schedule is up, !standings is empty. !rosters look ok. Rosters are now locked for editing, meaning further movement will be handled by the staff. Aka myself.

Let the games begin.
Does this mean Gods are getting denied to participate in Season 33.

Gods should be able to play, of course.

But, since that would make 11 squads, you would start from round 2 I guess. Caer?
coolbeans

Nemeses wants to sign up for this season, and we have about 8 players soon, and the captains are me - Detector, Armored-Fist and Zoubaz. If we can play a real match today, that's good.  If not, we will challenge Gods to a match at 4pm EST any other sunday.

We've been informed by caer that the only method for us to enter league would be by replace'ing a squad that drops out.
That makes no sense. If Nemeses wish to enter, we'd have an even number of squads.
Thats what we want, to enter the league asap.

This would probably change the league format though. 22 weeks of regular season might be too much.
Let Nemeses and Gods play ffs. Have em play each other sometime for a Rd 1 match, then refixture the rest to cater for 12 teams.

PS: ffs

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Well, both Gods and Nemeses were supposed to join league to make it 12 teams.

Nemeses, however, already quit league before they even had their first game.

We can squeeze Gods in and have a BYE round. Although I'm not sure if a round robin with 1 round played will actually work, even if we assume Gods vs. BYE for this past weekend. We might end up with a few impossible rounds.

Nemeses have quit within the last 12-15 hours? They were pretty keen in the leadup and throughout the round 1 matches.

What do you mean by "impossible rounds"? Are there specifics about particular teams that prohibit certain fixtures? Because it is always possible to alter a fixture to cater for any number of teams, up to the end of Round 1. It's when a second or subsequent round has already been played, where things get difficult.

Considering you are certain some teams will fold midseason, then a Bye shouldnt matter, as the likelihood of folding teams is being numbered even or odd is equal.

... can you get a second team out of Gods?  Maybe ... Jr Gods, perhaps? Then next season merge 'em into Massacre ...

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
Quote:Nemeses have quit within the last 12-15 hours? They were pretty keen in the leadup and throughout the round 1 matches.

What do you mean by "impossible rounds"? Are there specifics about particular teams that prohibit certain fixtures? Because it is always possible to alter a fixture to cater for any number of teams, up to the end of Round 1. It's when a second or subsequent round has already been played, where things get difficult.

Considering you are certain some teams will fold midseason, then a Bye shouldnt matter, as the likelihood of folding teams is being numbered even or odd is equal.

Yes, Nemeses joined before the games, and quit after them.

And by impossible rounds I mean rounds where certain squads should be in two places at once. I'll figure it out.. tomorrow or something.
Original post edited with new 11+bye schedule.
I'll get round 2 on the bots tomorrow.
Thanks a bunch caerbunny+.