Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "salary" (erat?) Cap? Is that possible/sensible/worthwhile?
After my hundreds of seasons as a Pro League veteran and countless pennants in 4v4 I was just wondering if you guys had ever tried levelling the playing field by capping the total/average player ratings for a squad?

Has it been tried? Discussed?

Pros? Cons?

Just wondering.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
A panel of players once rated all of the league population into tiers, and you could only have so many tier 1s and 2s etc...

It was all very rigged though, since it was only aimed at curing people's sore buttholes by breaking up Assassins. That is to say, from existing squads only Assassins and The Dark would've had to remove tier 1s and 2s. The others would've only had to do this if they tried to recruit those people. It was never implemented.

--

PROs: theoretically level playing field

CONs: not everyone wants to play with a "forced" set of squaddies; see draft season.
I think this would only work in a draft league.
if you capped by erat. people could just lose purposefully or use a different alias. also the draft league would doubtfully work on a zone that is basically dead. also erat is fake and peoples opinions are biased if you rank. I'd obviously be low low low tier so I'd have no problem. same with all my squad. we all bad.
u bad
[quote name='Caerbannog' timestamp='1356092580' post='285730']

A panel of players once rated all of the league population into tiers, and you could only have so many tier 1s and 2s etc...

It was all very rigged though, since it was only aimed at curing people's sore buttholes by breaking up Assassins. That is to say, from existing squads only Assassins and The Dark would've had to remove tier 1s and 2s. The others would've only had to do this if they tried to recruit those people. It was never implemented.

--

PROs: theoretically level playing field

CONs: not everyone wants to play with a "forced" set of squaddies; see draft season.

[/quote]

Caerbannog and 7th Saga are correct. From what I recall this was for a draft league and was aimed at breaking up stacked squads, namely Assassins. A novel idea would have been to drop the maximum number of roster spots drastically.

The panel who rated players were mostly "players" from AML and a few from IML. A few players on the panel belonged there, most others didn't. Those voting were extremely biased. While objectivity is hard, these knuckleheads were way off.

If you're looking to run some sort of salary/draft league that needs to be done on the side of Pro in my opinion. Should this be done, the panel setting rankings/salary value should be comprised of very good players, not armored-fist and secede. No offense intended.
Thanks for the response caer, and also from 7th three and babs, yeah I assumed i was faulty, or you'd already be doing it. I did immediately fear that tanking to lower your listing) so as to sneak under a cap would be one issue.

Ok, well, it's just something that came to mind for me while on the outside looking in.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.