Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S33 Returning and new squads, info. Read.
So the story so far...
Requiem would have a council member ready. StarFire Elite would have a council member ready (but rather prefer no council, or change to the general setup). The other squads remain passive.

Assassins haven't confirmed their return. Dre is attempting to make a yet unnamed squad. Amphitheater hasn't gotten back to me with a squad name either.

I'll try to figure out how many squads we have going into this and set some preseason matches for the confirmed squads for next weekend..
Unhallowed signing in.

We have roster size of 10 atm, and likely to be 13 soon. Tell me if you need more info.

DA

Can unhallowed be added to the bot ASAP to build roster thanks.
Thor's been hacked
k Shocktech wants in we will have a max roster

Quote:k Shocktech wants in we will have a max roster
Added to bots with you as cap.
!addplayer shocktech:playername will add people..
Can you update the first post with current status. At least add unhallowed there.

Gods would like to be a part of Season 33. (I don't know for how long, but we'd like to be a part of it nonetheless.)

Council would be good for league, there are people from squads I would like to suggest:

Llamas:

Street Fighter

Odin

Psyanide

Assassins:

Varsity

Kdak

Macuto

Ftnguyen:

Maimer

Legacy

Krellin

Nuke:

Saiyan

Ice2702

Nacre

Requiem:

Arctos

Candyman

Motorzep

Shocktech (who are these players?):

Amphitheater

Dbz

Starfire Elite:

Something dutch

Gold teeth

Mfa

Unhallowed:

Nadai

Cfl

Peabrain

Alpha reunion:

Psyops

Fuego

Mighty sven

Rebels:

Pse

Captor

Squad captains or Caer (alone?) Ask if someone on this list is interested or someone else on your squad. Let's do this before next round (2).

best regards,

Captor

Caerbannog wrote:

"Some of you were previously approached by a certain SS persona, asking about the state of the league and all. Most of the captains that were contacted were apparently for a Captains' Council. (most of them were happy with the way our dead league is ran btw)

We're going to have it. Kind of. Maybe.

1. (Returning) Squads will appoint a person from their ranks to be a part of the council. (you can talk this over, but I'll take the nomination from any formiddable squad captain)

2. These people will be granted basic moderator rights on the bots, and will be assumed to somewhat adhere to the rules.

3. These people "council members", if you will, will somehow discuss and vote on league issues.

4. The first order of business to vote on would be;

Do we want to run this council, it will have to have some basic rules. I'll handle some part of drafting those up.

Do we want to allow members from new squads? (there's a possible loophole here to get 2 votes for yourself and just dissolve a squad later)

If we do want this council;

How long will the season be? What will the season format and play-offs format be? What will the roster lock rule and roster movement rules be?

---

Once those are out of the way (the sooner the better), we can point at the ship settings and tell the council to "fix" it.

Here are the very few rules for the council so far:

1. Council members have to vote by date X. Set on a case-by-case basis. Should they fail to do so, their vote is moot. Two misses and the member must be replaced.

2. Council members are mods on bots; thus they can now help with AFK caps and such ordinary issues. And fix certain issues on match days.**

3. Assuming an even number of votes, ties default to no change over whatever change the 2 members wanted. Why? Because no change is usually more acceptable.

4. You may not vote in any system to limit the free speech, even if most people are dicks, to prevent issues with banned players.

5. Ship settings are easy to fiddle with. "Game" settings that require bot interaction or rules still depend on Underlord. So I can't guarantee anything.

6. Ultimate overlord Caerbannog+ will provide the council with the current .cfg and .lvl files if necessary. I will also upload the final .cfg files if ship settings are changed. Besides that, I'll start bots and schedule games onto bots based on whatever the season format is.

7. If a council member changes squads, his or her status is revoked and the squad appoints a new member.

8. We need to find a way to control which issue is being discussed when, and how ofter you are allowed to bug the others with the same garbage.

9. The decisions might or might not be final, this is just a minor detail.

** might need actual arena mod for this too, which will be on a separate name.

I don't expect this to be much different from the open conversation type we've had on settings for the past... eternity. And to make it perfectly clear: I won't be on the council other than watching over them and maybe trolling their conversations with my knowledge, but I won't vote. Unless whatever squad I'm on actually appoints me as their representative.

HOWEVER. For this to work, we need to have the council members set pretty soonish (end of year). So they can decide on the stuff mentioned above by, say the first weekend of January. Longer off-seasons are bad for population. If it fails, I'll just start S33 that looks a lot like S32 did around mid-January."