Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 36 Sign-Up & whatever thingies
Assassins hold the title once again.

Season 36 will start at an undecided date. Why? Because there are a few things that should be handled before season 36. Like someone rewriting the rule about using more than three lives and/or otherwise cheating in league. I believe hallu is looking to fix a few issues on the bots, and someone will mention something about ship settings for sure.

Plus the league format has to be decided. Fairly sure it'll remain close to what it is, though. Anyways, post here or message me in-game (on Caerbannog+, I don't really ever log on to my other names) about joining, returning, etc.

Season 35 squads before playoffs (11):

<div>OUTLAWS</div>
<div>The Dark</div>
<div>Critical Mass</div>
<div>Assassins</div>
<div>Llamas</div>
<div>Backarrow</div>
<div>EGO</div>
<div>Discombobulate - not returning</div>
<div>Dropships</div>
<div>StarFire Elite</div>
<div>Beastfu</div>
<div> </div>
Returning (8 + 5 new):

Backarrow

Critical Mass

StarFire Elite

Dropships, Flying Ships, Drop Doctors, Team Penis, who knows.

Llamas

beastfu

Assassins, Mop messaged me in-game.

The Dark, ?message from jocker

New squads (4):

Symphony -- Peeking Duck?

Sterling -- Seismic

-- Happy Mob??!?

Cosmic Rift -- GhostBuster17

WTF? - homie

"Slopships"

Not returning (1):

Motorzep Sad

Discombobulate

Oh. Rosters unlocked for editing.

If you wish to leave your current squad:

!removeplayer squad:yourname

Removing someone from your squad:

!removeplayer squadConfusedomeone

Adding:

!addplayer squad:aliasedringer

Dropships def returning. Name might change. Will advise shortly about how many teams we'll field.

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
StarFire Elite is returning

Solar Hydro, Captain SFE(SFA)

Really imo, too many in pro finals not enough in aml. Should only be top 4 in pro. That is all.

Quote:<div>
Oh. Rosters unlocked for editing.

If you wish to leave your current squad:

!removeplayer squad:yourname

Removing someone from your squad:

!removeplayer squadConfusedomeone

Adding:

!addplayer squad:aliasedringer

</div>

Thank you for doing this so quickly.

Critical Mass returns.
Can we also please cater to the majority of the population regarding North American holidays? I'm sick of having to gear a holiday weekend around internet spaceship matches. Sorry dear we have to arrive at 3 to the Father's Day BBQ, I have a spaceship match...... Go to the beach? Sorry I have to show for my game or we'll lose and receive a seed less in the post season and play Assassins round 1. Etc.

I brought this up more than a few seasons ago.

Edits:

Can we please have game times (with dates) posted for the entire regular season ahead of time? It should be really easy to post. That stupid site I used to randomly generate last seasons schedule could be used again, and times added to games right then and there.

Lastly, can we update the map with the past 2 champions unless it has already been done? If it's a matter of time, myself or Aquitas can easily do it. We spent more than a few hours creating maps with text for another zone.

Thank you.

Can we also please cater to the majority of the population regarding North American holidays? I'm sick of having to gear a holiday weekend around internet spaceship matches. Sorry dear we have to arrive at 3 to the Father's Day BBQ, I have a spaceship match...... Go to the beach? Sorry I have to show for my game or we'll lose and receive a seed less in the post season and play Assassins round 1. Etc.

I brought this up more than a few seasons ago.

Edits:

Can we please have game times (with dates) posted for the entire regular season ahead of time? It should be really easy to post. That stupid site I used to randomly generate last seasons schedule could be used again, and times added to games right then and there.

Lastly, can we update the map with the past 2 champions unless it has already been done? If it's a matter of time, myself or Aquitas can easily do it. We spent more than a few hours creating maps with text for another zone.

Thank you.

</div>

The holiday thing is something we could in theory have a vote on. But then we might also want one for European holidays, and would of course use the decision from the 'murica holidays for that one as well.

You're ... well, expected to attend real life duties before spaceships.

And yes, we can have the entire schedule up before the season even starts.

And yes, we can. I'll possibly maybe do it tomorrow.

---

OH. If any of the returning squads feel like they need to change their council rep, inform hallucination?, pretty sure he can change the access rights on council forum.
On holiday times, one of the biggest issues was the incident where we didnt KNOW if a round was on until the last minute. So establishing the fixture ... schedule, sorry ... with its DATES OF PLAY while ensuring the off-limits weekends are observed ... should be a priority with council - to avoid a repeat.

Actual schedule tricky to determine early without knowing team numbers, of course, but penning in yes-weekends and no-weekends can surely be done.
On holiday times, one of the biggest issues was the incident where we didnt KNOW if a round was on until the last minute. So establishing the fixture ... schedule, sorry ... with its DATES OF PLAY while ensuring the off-limits weekends are observed ... should be a priority with council - to avoid a repeat.

Actual schedule tricky to determine early without knowing team numbers, of course, but penning in yes-weekends and no-weekends can surely be done.

</div>

Bingo. I'm unsure of the exact percentages regarding league composition... but I would bet the vast majority live in North America.

A schedule can easily be generated once we have all team names. Putting times and dates next to each match-up is very easy.

And Caer, we're all aware of our "real life duties". That little jab is tangential to the issue of playing games on weekends where there shouldn't be games period.

I'm sure NA players (the majority of the league population) would happily have events or just a few weekends off in place of matches during July 4th weekend or for a few European holidays.

Nude, can you please pose this to the council?

Thank you.
beastfu returning same captains as last season

Symphony returns.

Will add players in game once we're able.

Cheers

Llamas return.

Quote:Bingo. I'm unsure of the exact percentages regarding league composition... but I would bet the vast majority live in North America.

The vast majority definitely live in North America, but the overall population being what it is, I don't think Subspace can survive losing its European player base either, which probably represents something like a quarter. Most Europeans can't play matches after 5pm EST.

That said, I think the schedule should respect North American holidays as well as European holidays. It's better for everyone to have a weekend off than to have a bunch of no-shows or force teams to play with secondary lineups and lose their motivation.

Returning squads listed, Symphony added to rosters, Peeking Duck? granted captain on it (to add co-caps .editaccess playername:1 .. might work, if it doesn't, let me know).

--

As for the holidays, someone needs to check the weekends the games land on for NA holidays. No euro knows if 'muricans are assumed to be away BBQing babies on columbus day or firing shotguns in the air on cinco de mayo.

But yeah, remove euros and you end up with RSHL.

"Quick game, ADM only showing 4 at 10PM est timeslot. Revo would play with 4 to make it even, but with the rules, still makes it a 2+ goal lead mercy. Revo would go up 3-1 to end this quick. Next game in this series is Next Sunday at 5pm." ADM is Admirals, all euros. 10 pm game is a tad much. Seems like they have 7 squads + Admirals. Used to have a lot more. But euros would no-show the 10pm slots, muricans would no show the 5pm slots. No one got to play. Good times.

OH. A1 updated, but my archives didn't actually have full roster info (for either season). I guess copying the roster and not saving a .txt file before unlocking rosters isn't the best way to go about it. And the K/D score for regular season wins has not been adjusted to reflect any gains from dissolved squads.

EDIT: If anyone feels artsy and wants to add borders and stuff to the A1 gfx, go for it. The boxes just need to be adjustible for more winners for seasons to come. I was going to throw in some SS logos and ship logos once, but then I was lured away by boobs.

Thanks for updating A1. Just a few things :

- Season 35 Pro (S35) - Comparing your Assassins roster on A1 to my list shows one player missing - 2.

- Season 29 AML (S34) - The runners-up for AML should be Backarrow. It may have been a Round Robin but BA finished 2nd if you applied a ladder/standings system to it.

- Season 26 AML (S30) - It was not Llamas over SFE but team maimer over !norating. Looks like AML26 is an erroneous copying of AML27

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Three" data-cid="291704" data-time="1407271282">
Bingo. I'm unsure of the exact percentages regarding league composition... but I would bet the vast majority live in North America.

The vast majority definitely live in North America, but the overall population being what it is, I don't think Subspace can survive losing its European player base either, which probably represents something like a quarter. Most Europeans can't play matches after 5pm EST.

That said, I think the schedule should respect North American holidays as well as European holidays. It's better for everyone to have a weekend off than to have a bunch of no-shows or force teams to play with secondary lineups and lose their motivation.

</div>
</blockquote>

I agree with having breaks for both NA and European players when holidays occur.  It is better to delay, then to have a bunch of no shows, now that a few teams are sporting smaller rosters. 
Team Penis is returning (actually we never slipped out)

Not that anyone noticed.

Returning squads listed, Symphony added to rosters, Peeking Duck? granted captain on it (to add co-caps .editaccess playername:1 .. might work, if it doesn't, let me know).

--

As for the holidays, someone needs to check the weekends the games land on for NA holidays. No euro knows if 'muricans are assumed to be away BBQing babies on columbus day or firing shotguns in the air on cinco de mayo.

But yeah, remove euros and you end up with RSHL.

"Quick game, ADM only showing 4 at 10PM est timeslot. Revo would play with 4 to make it even, but with the rules, still makes it a 2+ goal lead mercy. Revo would go up 3-1 to end this quick. Next game in this series is Next Sunday at 5pm." ADM is Admirals, all euros. 10 pm game is a tad much. Seems like they have 7 squads + Admirals. Used to have a lot more. But euros would no-show the 10pm slots, muricans would no show the 5pm slots. No one got to play. Good times.

OH. A1 updated, but my archives didn't actually have full roster info (for either season). I guess copying the roster and not saving a .txt file before unlocking rosters isn't the best way to go about it. And the K/D score for regular season wins has not been adjusted to reflect any gains from dissolved squads.

EDIT: If anyone feels artsy and wants to add borders and stuff to the A1 gfx, go for it. The boxes just need to be adjustible for more winners for seasons to come. I was going to throw in some SS logos and ship logos once, but then I was lured away by boobs.

</div>

Thanks for taking care of that Caerbannog, we appreciate it.

The shotgun firing made me lol - I think you painted the picture of 7th perfectly. Wink