Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THIS WORKS: Finding Chaos/League Zone
UPDATE: go here instead: http://www.subspace.co/topic/27570-finding-chaosleague-zone/

===========================

For anyone who can't find/get to Chaos/League Zone, here is a workaround that will absolutely work for everyone.

Enter Trench Wars (yes, I know, I know!!!!)

type: ?go chaos

Hit the enter/return key and you'll get sent to Chaos/League

Then choose an arena to go to (the one you enter will be empty)

I'm not sure exactly why people aren't having success with the other methods (could be administrative privilege rights because of where the Continuum dir is), but at least this will work for everyone.

--hallu

Quote:<div>
Enter Trench Wars (yes, I know, I know!!!!)

</div>
A quote from the alpha west facebook page when I alerted folks to this workaround.

Quote:<span style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(246,247,248);">the day one has to enter fucking trench wars to play an SVS zone is the day SubSpace is officially retired</span>
<span style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(246,247,248);"> :pardon:</span><span style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(246,247,248);"> </span>
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.
ack - went to update / zone list on client and now it shows chaos 0 players - offline and red! also I cannot connect to zone. I used your methor to go thru trench wars -> chaos but i have to download all the arenas and I don't want to go thru trench always. Anyone got solution how to fix my chaos server back? Arctos posted something about changing some ip somewhere?

After being absent for years I really don't know why I bother, but here goes:

Tried to log in the other day and found out chaos was down. Then googled for subspace forums to find out League and Chaos were still somewhat alive, but people were having trouble getting in. Then I tried the custom zone download with IP 66.36.247.83 and port 13500. Those I picked up from this forum. That did not work and chaos didn't load up on the list of zones as active.

I almost gave up, but then I tried to start Continuum "as administrator" and manually downloaded chaos again, which worked. So if someone hasn't already tried this, its atleast worth a shot.

Ofcourse there were no one playing but at least I got in to see that no one was active. Is league still active?

ShinyOne

League is absolutely active but essentially only during daytime hours in the Americas, Judging by the time you made that post, you missed activity (pracs) by about 4 hours. Activity would start again around 6 to 7 hours after the time you posted (3 to 4 hours from the time I am posting).

There are exceptions, a few days ago 6 or 7 ppl were attempting to get a prac off the ground at around this time of day, but is was pretty optimistic!

Your reference to the Administrator's privileges is handy information. I will spread it around a large litany of people who have had no luck logging in.

Quite infuriating as the multiple-user setup of Windows is ridiculously user-hostile and - as far as I know - never ever been utilised to a positive end by anyone on the face of the Earth,

I hope you can have success finding the mysterious brigadoon that is a 4v4 game. League is indeed still operating (between seasons right now) and could always do with more folks participating, not to mention Chaos pub is in need of some pilots, and an attempt is being made to revive a powerball league.

- Nude

One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.