SVS Subspace Forums

Full Version: Finding Chaos/League Zone - workaround
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE: go here for solution: http://www.subspace.co/topic/27570-finding-chaosleague-zone/

==========================

Something has broken the normal directory download of zones so that Chaos/League doesn't install correctly. If you see Chaos/League as RED and/or having 10 players, it is pointing to the wrong IP. Here is how to fix it:

1) Close Continuum

2) Go to your Continuum directory and open up zone.dat in a text editor like notepad

3) Search for this: 66.235.184.102

4) Replace it with this: 66.36.247.83

5) Save the file

Now you should see Chaos/League as green, with 20+ players and should be able to enter.

--hallu

P.S. working on a solution for the directory download. It is likely a firewall issue at the game host.
Trying to connect to the new IP, but still failing. I get the "Failed to connect to server" -message.

Trench Wars etc. work fine. Any idea what might be wrong?

make a custom zone, name it chaos and use the ip above with port 13500

Quote:<div>
make a custom zone, name it chaos and use the ip above with port 13500

</div>

Getting the same error.
Quote:<div>
1) Close Continuum

2) Go to your Continuum directory and open up zone.dat in a text editor like notepad

3) Search for this: 66.235.184.102

4) Replace it with this: 66.36.247.83

5) Save the file

Now you should see Chaos/League as green, with 20+ players and should be able to enter.

--hallu

</div>
[Image: 25jjh9y.jpg]

<div>[sharedmedia=downloads:files:27]</div>

Updated after the new servers came online. Replace your current zone.dat with it and give it a shot. Looks like you did everything right, but could just be something off.

I tried replacing the zon.dat  with the one Polix posted, no luck.   Everything was fine up until about 30 mins ago.  The zone is red.  And in the download zone list it shows as having 10 or 0 players but just shows as red once i download it.     chaos zone/svs.  

Anyone got any other suggestions?

So at what point was "Everything fine"? Right after using the provided zone.dat? Make sure that the Auto-Download option is unchecked.

As for the adding as a custom zone not working, I would be apt to think that this is port blocking issue, either by some form of software firewall local to the machine(Anti-virus/malware software) an exception would have to be added, or a router locking the ports down and one would need to port forward the described port and possibly the described port +1 as well.
No idea why you couldn't connect Mauler - def had the right IP and port, so I think Zig is right that it has to be a firewall-type issue.

I have a foolproof way to get to Chaos/League, but you have to go through TW to get there: http://www.subspace.co/topic/27550-this-works-finding-chaosleague-zone/

--hallu