Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotating "merged zone" weekends?

[size=4]Yes, I think this is a good idea ;) My post from the Events Staff forum:
[/size]

[size=4]
hallucination Wrote:[/size]

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

Another long standing idea -- have the bot change settings/maps etc at prescribed times. I'm bringing this up now since it goes along with the 'change greens' thread -- it is a way to test new settings for a fixed amount of time and has other benefits. I want input on parameters for the bot. Here's what I've got so far:

date (one shot) or repeating days (e.g. every other saturday) == 2001.03.21 | sat2 (question is which sat is 'every other' -- every sat is easier)

time == 24 hr clock

cmd == putfile | setlevel | zone

cmd param = string (filename or string to spam)

announcement string (string to spam at change time e.g. "SVS settings in!")

stats = on | off (if Reset Winner stats should be turned on/off at this time)

Can you think of other applications of things that could be done based on a predetermined schedule?

For control, I'd like to hook this up to the forums as the hallucitron is

--hallu

Unfortunately, the logistics are a bit complex to implement (code must be migrated from chaos-bot to scores-bot for one thing), but it remains towards the top of my "list" -- things not included in the above list are:

--bonuses on/off (including earning of bonuses)

--dynamic freqsizes on/off

--dynamic greens on/off

--dynamic flags on/off

--ranks on/off

etc.

Map changes are more disruptive than settings changes in general (due to the recycle of the zone if nothing else). These types of changes, even when temporary, elicit a wild variety of "opinions" shall we say :)

Events can be a great tool to bring more people into the zone, but it's not a slapdash affair. I'll talk to you in the zone mr silly about that. I've long had an ad in the .staff command: Help Wanted: Graphics Designer, Events Design, Events Hosting, Zone Promotion, Marketing -- all of which go into making great new events that will draw ppl in. It's a great opportunity for creative folk to experiment, and help Chaos and SVS. I put out the call again for applicants to these positions.

More ideas/specifics?

--hallu

Messages In This Thread
Rotating "merged zone" weekends? - Jenn_B - 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Rotating "merged zone" weekends? - hallucination - 01-17-2012, 01:54 AM