Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules?
I watched this prac quietly from sometime shortly after Mindriot got the first of the four kills he has been repeatedly mentioning. I have a bunch of thoughts but they go both ways. I do not play for Sterling. I have never played for, nor had any affiliation with, Sterling. I do not even have a rapport with anyone on Sterling.

Actually Arctos, A-virus was the sub-out for Jake. After publicly discussing whether he should he sub in, a-virus specced, then Rage left arena, then NINE subbed in, then Domaniac kicked NINE, then Jake entered the arena, then subbed in (and was not kicked). I don't think there's much argument that a-virus specced so that Rage could sub in. This is not a case of someone unfortunately dconning or having to leave, but an agreement to swap players. (my log includes entered and left arena notices). That NINE hopped in for 11 seconds is separate from the action as a whole.

On the other side of the coin, Mindriot you need to stop bignoting about the four kills you got as last man in, because two of them were very clearly suicides for toys/shipchange. I didn't see the first of the kills but I saw the next three.

Engagement isn't a do or don't scenario, it's a sliding scale. Yes mindriot engaged, he backlobbed, sometimes mined, and bounced back at anyone he had hit to give the emped enemy a spray. backlobbing, mining, multi bullets into the corner of a structure while running is technically engaging but for the purposes of prac health may not be sufficient, it's the diet coke of engaging ... not engaging enough.

But it's iffy. You can't just end any game at 4v or 3v1. I've watched Buny pick everyone off from that position before, and like anyone 1v3+ he had to keep on the move and wait for each enemy to take damage or overfire (miss). Buny didn't have the benefit of the weasel as his ship of choice. Nobody said "just end it, stop wasting time" then.

The winning team should imo have parked themselves in the middle of the arena and invited mindriot to attack. Winning teams are not required by the rules to "engage" in the endgame. Losing teams are. MR would have had to have either attacked or specced.

Mind you, when Rage (with Odin nearby) and Mindriot were parked either side of the wall at the end, each streaming bullets that weren't even aimed at each other but were merely taunts ... it is worth noting that Mindriot did edge up and around and get an emp in. While I'm not convinced he engaged enough during the prior 15 minutes, he did do exactly the right thing then.

The bloke you all need to speak to is 9-Volt. He took .stats right after Mindriot went to LL (13min expired), and again just after Odin suicided for a full ship (23min). Lets have a look at those stats and calculate the dpm Mindriot was doing during his LL.
One of the three most dangerous people in Subspace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules? - Nude For Satan - 12-04-2014, 10:39 AM