Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules?
(12-04-2014, 07:18 PM)oldvet Wrote:  This is an interesting topic. The issue of someone running or not engaging after the prac is essentially over has been a frustration since 1996. While it's not against the rules to continue to play after you've basically lost, it is certainly dishonorable and selfish (I agree with Arctos here). 3 or 4 versus 1 is no longer a prac; it's an exercise in patience. By continuing to play, you were hoping the other team would get bored, impatient, and eventually suicide so that you could swindle them out of a win. Think of it like chess - when in a clear losing position the honorable thing to do is concede, instead of playing the game out or, even worse, letting your clock run out.

The solution to this problem: Once a prac becomes 3 or 4 versus 1 the bot should start a 2 minute timer (separate from the game clock). The game ends unless that 1 pilot can score a kill before the 2 minute timer runs out. If that 1 pilot is able to kill, the timer resets to 2 minutes. If a kill by that 1 pilot causes the game to become 2 versus 1, then the timer will no longer be used. Kills by the team in the lead do not reset the timer. The only exception to this should be if the game is tied (9-9 is the only possibility for this).

That said, the only one who broke an official rule was Rage. He has done this countless times and deserves the ban. Breaking the rules was not justified just because you disagreed with how Mindriot was playing. The community is already very small. Lawless behavior with no regard to the established rule set is cancerous and should not be tolerated.

The countless times equaling a grand total of twice including this infraction. I have no idea who you are, but taking a random shot at me has nothing to with the issue at hand. The issue is Mindriot decided he wanted to kill the arena for his own selfish agenda (which he did.) Sorry I shouldn't have subbed in, my entire team should have just speced and ended the game abusing the robot in an advantageous way like Mindriot has done in the past and admitted to in his own log. The whole situation is a joke, and if the shoe was on the other foot he would be whining about that also. Mindriot is a certified lunatic nothing more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Rage and 9-Volt+ abuse the rules? - Rage161 - 12-04-2014, 10:28 PM