Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
request before its too late caer
(02-18-2018, 04:48 PM)Street Wrote:  THREE WROTE:
Edit: As to the parity issue, parity sucks. I want to see Alabama vs. Clemson (really Notre Dame vs. Penn State but hey let's be realtistic) in the CFB national title game, not roast beef tech against new mexico state................................

STREET WROTE
I completely disagree with this, especially with the current population numbers that we have.

Look at NBA - a 73-win team adds Kevin Durant, effectively going from 5 contenders to 1. They went 16-1 in playoffs and had higher chances of losing than Assassins in season 40. That's not fun.

At this point, the survival of league and making games competitive & fun for everyone should be the common goal.

Edit: I managed to screw up the quote!

Also, I don't know who our "competitor" zones are, but it seems we're doing better than Extreme Games:

http://sshq.net/graphs/graph_17_6.png

http://sshq.net/graphs/graph_24_6.png

Nobody gets to dictate where people play. We’re not getting paid, no contracts.

I’ve explained all of this shit in essays previously posted and I’m not doing it again.

Your utopian idea of teams like Starfire Elite being on par with every other league team is beyond dillusional. The only way that happens is if players like myself and Nacre join. The second that happens, that team isn’t SFE anymore.

There will always be fat cats and sad sacks in this world, it’s just the way it is.

In terms of saving league, again, read above and on the page before this one.

The warriors still are the warriors, with or without Durant. And when they fall, it will make things that much better. (Edit: much like the Patriots falling to the Eagles, man I loved it. The greatest of all time in the QB spot, losing against the huge underdog, against a backup quarterback, the team I grew up routing for and pull for as I lived most of my life outside Philly). I love the underdog, just so we’re clear. But dynasty’s are needed, for any attraction to endure. And when they fall, it breeds new life.

Messages In This Thread
request before its too late caer - p.k - 01-29-2018, 06:50 PM
RE: request before its too late caer - Three - 02-19-2018, 12:20 AM
RE: request before its too late caer - p.k - 02-11-2018, 02:59 AM
RE: request before its too late caer - p.k - 02-15-2018, 06:48 PM
RE: request before its too late caer - Ozn - 02-16-2018, 02:10 PM