Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 30?
My feelings on this issue are pretty well known, but I'll reiterate them for the sake of this post.

Definitely fixed, each squad plays each other one time and then a few randomized rounds. Don't put the randomized rounds all at the end, mix them in randomly, so there will be a chance of back to back matches but you will only ever play a team twice (by random draw) and most teams (depending on the amount in league next season) only once.

I know Nguyens are tired of playing The Dark, Sterling and Assassins every weekend and although so far Happy Mob's schedule has been pretty spread out and I think we've only played llama's twice we haven't been able to play Nguyens or assassins since the first week. It turns out this actually worked out with us playing every one but Nguyens which is cool, but generally that doesn't happen. We've just been pretty hit or miss on some of our games. I know some teams are already at 3 matches against others and have 3ish teams they haven't and probably won't even face which just unbalances the standings completely and doesn't reflect the actual skill level of the teams.

Fact is league is just too small to do pyramid, anyone who is in aml either by 1 loss or simply k/d ratio, vs those who are just above the pro/aml split, are at a huge advantage because generally their schedule is going to be much easier in the last week. Where as a fixed schedule and have a couple randomized (but fixed) matches thrown in the mix will result in much more accurate standings and aml/pro split. There might still be 2 or 3 squads fighting it out for a pro/aml spot down to the end but that will mean they are both fairly equally matched instead of one team getting an easier schedule.

As for Staff changes...

I just want to see 1 or 2 active people (I know Crayzee is supposed to help but he doesn't seem to be around enough) who can help in a few ways

1. Start league matches if Caer is M.I.A for some reason or in a practice
  2. Handle any problems with games if Caer is in a match himself or M.I.A
  3. Keep the integrity of practices during the week
  4. Discuss any issues to do with league/staff

They're all important issues that need to be addressed at this current time. Caer has always been there on Sundays, but eventually there may come a time he can't log in due to internet issues or something that he can't help and then league just won't run. That won't be acceptable and fireworks will fly for sure. So having some sort of backup plan in place is necessary to prevent this from ever happening. 3 is ideal (including Caerbannog and should be from 3 different squads), because the chances of all 3 not logging in (if they are all active members) is not that likely and it will allow for game time issues to be addressed as it's not likely that all 3 staff members will be in a match at the same time.

As most of the offenses that people do during pracs currently have a "mod must be present" clause in the rules we definitely need a few more active people who can enforce the rules during the week and send either a log or game id to the higher ups for any serious issues or repeat offenses. As well as this will give a sort of "panel" for issues regarding league staff, so you can bring up any possible issues or offenses to one of the other staff members, who should keep it secret from the accused staff member until(if) necessary to talk to them, and discuss it with the necessary chaos zone staff or other 4v4 League Staff depending on the offense.

All and all it will just make for a smoother league, where "biased" opinions and allegations will be much less likely.

Messages In This Thread
Season 30? - Caerbannog - 05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Season 30? - Idolatrous - 05-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Season 30? - Idolatrous - 05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Season 30? - babaloo - 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Season 30? - Caerbannog - 06-05-2011, 05:19 PM