Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S36 Supposed to start this weekend
Uhh hi.

We're supposed to start the real actual season this weekend. We currently have (or do we) 14 squads.

Critical Mass and beastfu are already looking more or less like they might not make it. This will suck a massive amount of dongers if/when I schedule for 14 and they then drop out. One squad out would mean one BYE. Two squads out would mean two byes. Or rescheduling for 12 teams, which is a hassle.

If we axe 2 teams after one round, I think the math works out for scheduling for 12 and recreating round 1 from games that were played (force beastfu vs. CM round 1). Then move around some of the other games to keep the remaining rounds in the season somewhat uniform. When I did this, the recreated round 1 had 2 match-ups from round 10 and 2 from round 9, making those rounds look silly.

Fixing the schedule for 12 teams after 2 rounds is pretty much impossible.

But what we might be looking at for this Sunday (yes it was round 6 in the randomized schedule, which I also had randomize 3pms and 4pms. Too bad it didn't assign them 3/4 or 4/3. So I'll end up changing those up a bit.

<div> </div>
<div>6<span> </span>Assassins<span> </span>-<span> </span>Slopships<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Starfire Elite<span> </span>-<span> </span>Llamas<span> </span>3pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Outlaws<span> </span>-<span> </span>Backarrow<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Critical Mass<span> </span>-<span> </span>beastfu<span> </span>3pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Symphony<span> </span>-<span> </span>WTF?<span> </span>3pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Sterling<span> </span>-<span> </span>The Dark<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-<span> </span></div>
<div>6<span> </span>Cosmic Rift<span> </span>-<span> </span>Dropships<span> </span>4pm<span> </span>-</div>
<div> </div>
<div>One (bad) option is of course to throw in another pre-season round but require squads to show up. Then schedule the above for real round 1. Then possibly remove CM and beastfu if they no-show twice in a row.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I miss pyramid, it's so much more flexible Sad</div>

Messages In This Thread
S36 Supposed to start this weekend - Caerbannog - 09-17-2014, 02:23 PM
S36 Supposed to start this weekend - Three - 09-20-2014, 05:36 AM
S36 Supposed to start this weekend - 7th - 09-20-2014, 01:47 PM
S36 Supposed to start this weekend - Three - 09-27-2014, 06:49 AM