Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions and ideas about next season
Quote:<div>
The council seems to be struggling with activity? Maybe we should give each squad 2 council votes (2 members, who can have different opinions even though they're on the same squad) and have however is active vote on things

Or perhaps we could vote on things via the bots? or a poll on the forum?

Has there been any discussion about downgrading the warbird? like removing multi-fire?

Do we need to look at roster size or are we fine with assstackings splitting up player talent?

Should we remove fullsubs? This might lessen stacking, even if slightly. And it'll get rid of sub-errors.

Allow 4man turrets? Why not?

Does everyone still want to use the same map?

I think rosterlock should end right before playoffs. Active players who try to help out new squads shouldn't be locked out for weeks on end if their squad happens to dissolve.

Does anyone want to apply for ref? to help things run more smoothly on sundays.

Can we rename our sub-arenas to something like "Pro League prac1" instead of just "4v4prac1"

I think we should hold an Allstar game, just for fun. Say the top 10 on .leaguetop at the end of the season. 4 players, 1 sub on each team. 

Help out with input and more suggestions!

</div>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Council - Good question, no idea. I asked hallu to remove me as nothing was getting done. As far as I can tell it turned out to be a huge waste of time but I could be wrong - I have yet to see the fruits of this venture.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Warbird - I spent more time than most tilting at that particular windmill. Odds are better having chia pet hair grow on my bald head. The Warbird is like hallowed antiquity... you can't touch it. </span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster Size - See Warbird comment. I think 8-10 is more than enough but was told hell no on the council.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Full subs - How about 2 subs (each get a repel, 1 Thor, 1-2 rockets, or something along those lines)?</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">4 man turrets - This isn't chaos public. It's a teamwork game where people compete 4v4, not chasing a turret. I have zero interest in chasing members of Iced Out or hagetaga/a-poc running like women. Thank god it was removed.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Map - see Warbird comment. Also fine with the same map being kept.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster lock - This is too subjective. People could stack right before roster lock/playoffs.... hard to enforce and be unbiased in roster movement. This is a tough area to discuss. If a team folded and that roster movement wouldn't drastically change the outcome of future matches, then those players should be allowed to move (I think that is how it is now). It is really annoying though when rosters are locked during the week (probably because a few abused them being unlocked so now they are locked).</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Ref - I'm glad a few people run this league (for as much of an asshole he is, Caer has always been dependable when scheduling matches and showing up) but dealing with him is like having a porcupine crawl up my rectum - no thanks.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">With regard to every squad having a vote; terrible idea. Bronze league SC2 players shouldn't get a vote on balance changes (in this case, ship settings). While 4v4 team play isn't rocket science, there is a reason why only a few teams win. I think people can and should voice their opinions but giving everyone a “vote” shouldn’t be allowed, hence the council. Too bad half the council was inactive. 5 members from the top 5 squads, who start for those squads in playoff matches should be chosen and hash out topics suggested by the public that merit attention. Sorry to sound like an eliteist but just because you played high school football doesn't mean you could start for the Alabama Crimson Tide in college.... hopefully that makes sense and isn't a labored metaphor. It's not only a question of ability but of understanding how a game is played on the highest level. Now if you wanted to have a different set of rules for PRO and AML/IML (are there enough squads for a clear distinction right now) then that is another topic. Can the bots do that? Etc. As it stands now Wado Kai shouldn't be "voting" on Weasel settings (sorry Wado, just using a name). </span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">If the council is dead someone could bring over the threads/ideas posted - there was some good stuff in there.... it would save a considerable amount of time.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">I don't mean to play nihilist but the most likely outcome of this thread is 7 people contribute, 2 talk shit, and nothing gets done. Best of luck getting things changed (sincerely).</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Three</span>

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions and ideas about next season - Three - 01-31-2014, 03:30 PM