Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions and ideas about next season
Good thread - thanks Candy. I'll borrow 3's formatting:

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Council - Not too late to bring back Schlep.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Warbird - Testing with small changes to WB such as removing a rep/limiting it to 1 rocket/removing multi are all worth trying. Since people now have higher res, it's no longer 4 wbs in every game but wb is certainly still the dominant ship.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster Size - I'd like 8 to encourage more squads</span>, but this one is certainly debatable since it could result in more squads dropping out midseason.

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Full subs - I agree with 3's idea here. It seems only either fullsubs or empty subs have been discussed, but how about a compromise of 1 rep 1 rocket on the sub(s). </span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">4 man turrets - I like how you're looking for ideas to make subspace more fun, but I personally really dislike playing against turrets and feel it should remain a pub practice.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Map - If we were to introduce/rotate different maps like has been done in the past, it would need to be in a way to ensure parity. Meaning, during the season each squad would need to play the same number of games on each of the maps (lets say there are 3 to make this easy). So if 9 regular season games, 3 on each map. All playoffs would then be a best of 3 with one game on each map (borrowing that from Starcraft).</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Roster lock - I'd also argue delaying roster lock to start of playoffs probably results in more stacking not less. Players can flock to the team most likely to win the championship right before the start of the postseason. I do hear your point about players whose squads have disbanded  and that is something that needs to be addressed - how about always starting the season with a phantom squad (we can even call it disbanded) and as squads dissolve players will feed into that squad. It would be able to make the playoffs just like any other. Half baked idea. The immediate problem is parity as some squads would play against disbanded when it's a 12-0 BYE and others would play a squad with players in it.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Ref - Thanks to people who run this league. It's been thankless for as long as the game has been around.</span>

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:10.5pt;">Balance - Completely agree with 3. Only those utilizing ships to their utmost ability should have a say in balance discussions. For ex: Nacre can make a lot of shots I can't in wb. If I miss a shot, it's more likely that I missed than that the wb's rotation was somehow insufficient for me to point the nose of my ship towards the target and fire in a timely manner. This topic is also argued constantly in Starcraft as Blizzard keeps making balance changes that throw off the game to appease players who put all their units in one control group and move towards the enemy with no strategy.</span> 5 starters from top pro squads voting on any ideas sounds solid.

All Star Game - Good idea in theory, but I wonder whether it would either 1) just turn into another prac or 2) have limited attendance. Fun ideas in the past, such as draft league etc, have suffered from apathy and that was when the population was 4x what it is now. Now if there were a juicy incentive (like the MVP of the All Star game's squad starts with 1 extra rocket per ship in a playoff game of their choice) then maybe it would be viable.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions and ideas about next season - ufotable - 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM